Closed Thread

Reload Thread: installed the "ninja box" today

thevic24 is offline my silence is deadly...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

installed the "ninja box" today

well after a few rain delays and a brain break or 2, got the dd 3510 and box that bonesninja built for me installed. the 3510 is a d2 and i tried it on the mtx81000d first. that amp pushed it just fine but gave my electrical one hell of a beating so i installed the fusion nv-am25001 in its place.
    after installing the fusion, i "thought" the 81000d pushed the 3510 good but let me tell ya that fusion is a fkcuin power house!
    the sub was slightly used so it was allready somewhat broke-in. i decided to beat on it some and well...
    ext. cab s-10's have a brace thats glued to the roof and that just came totaly apart. there is sound deadner on the roof but now will have to weld the brace back to the roof.
    iam very happy with the preformance of the box that jason built for me and just in case your wondering the 3510 is one hell of a sub.
    here are some pics. there is one layer of dynamat and a layer of foam rubber under each amp to help with what little vibration the amps may see.

i may eaither dye or paint the dd logo red, any suggestions on what to use?
    and iam looking foward to the next box that bonesninja will be building for my 1508 thats going in the wifes car.
    -vic

Silently stalking you through glass....

01 S 10 is offline LOUD

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: installed the "ninja box" today

haha nice! yeah when the roof brace comes apart in an S10 thats when you know your getting loud, usually thats when your just over 140db

-2005 GMC Sierra SLE crew cab
    -Pioneer Avic-d3, factory BOSE

KHARPS is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks awesome. How do you like it compared to the 2510? Wasn't the 2510 firing up and port up too?

REFERENCES
    cam5860, Godsmack, dropkick13, ls2poweredgoat, bunkerking09, ProjectPechkin, GavinVoy, kmanian, magnum21, natetate, gqjeff, mustangowner, ssackett, hazardous0388, Rusty...WCA, ohsosmooth, grassroots, Leister, Scott S, Pyro_by_Nature, teamsolo, jblcamry, pickup1, got_focus?, fasfocus00, Zellner, Goindef154, Darknight, orangelss, Thorshammer1, BigSix

01 S 10 is offline LOUD

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

also, not sure if you've done it yet or not, but you should seal the vent on the back of the cab. it lets A LOTTT of pressure out. its not easy to get to, you'll have to cut a square out of the brace across the back of the cab to get to it. i put a layer of dynamat over mine and my ears almost pop when i get in and shut the door.

528hz is offline Everything'sMiscellaneous

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lettuce hear it!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes, the 2510 was firing up and i noticed the roof making noise with that. now its totaly apart and the rear window and body around the rear window vibrate like crazy.
    ill get it metered soon, the 2510 broke 142xx on burps with the 1k amp, so this on 2k should and dose have that way beat. if i can get a frickin working vid camera, ill shoot some vids. the speedo neadle jumps around and the rear view mirror moves back and fourth.
    oh yea, it compleatly pissed the neighbor off!!

kharps, this sounds better facing foward and the 3510 kills the 2510 in output.
    it still has really good sq, just need to turn it down when listing normally.
    2 3512 or 3515 would be a KILLER idea for that blow-through idea you have.
    my fusion benched over 2k @ 1ohm so the3500's will do the power well.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 01 S 10 View Post
    also, not sure if you've done it yet or not, but you should seal the vent on the back of the cab. it lets A LOTTT of pressure out. its not easy to get to, you'll have to cut a square out of the brace across the back of the cab to get to it. i put a layer of dynamat over mine and my ears almost pop when i get in and shut the door.
    ahead of ya on that one. i learned that from a 97 that i had a few years back.

01 S 10 is offline LOUD

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thevic24 View Post
    ahead of ya on that one. i learned that from a 97 that i had a few years back.
    sweet. its a MUST. probably 1 or 2db higher once its done. i dont think ive had my truck metered to see the difference from before i done it. sounds a whole lot better though. best mod to the truck yet

KHARPS is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thevic24 View Post
    yes, the 2510 was firing up and i noticed the roof making noise with that. now its totaly apart and the rear window and body around the rear window vibrate like crazy.
    ill get it metered soon, the 2510 broke 142xx on burps with the 1k amp, so this on 2k should and dose have that way beat. if i can get a frickin working vid camera, ill shoot some vids. the speedo neadle jumps around and the rear view mirror moves back and fourth.
    oh yea, it compleatly pissed the neighbor off!!

kharps, this sounds better facing foward and the 3510 kills the 2510 in output.
    it still has really good sq, just need to turn it down when listing normally.
    2 3512 or 3515 would be a KILLER idea for that blow-through idea you have.
    my fusion benched over 2k @ 1ohm so the3500's will do the power well.
    That's good. I already have a deal lined up for subs though....I'll be going with 2-12'' lv4s with lv5 coils.

REFERENCES
    cam5860, Godsmack, dropkick13, ls2poweredgoat, bunkerking09, ProjectPechkin, GavinVoy, kmanian, magnum21, natetate, gqjeff, mustangowner, ssackett, hazardous0388, Rusty...WCA, ohsosmooth, grassroots, Leister, Scott S, Pyro_by_Nature, teamsolo, jblcamry, pickup1, got_focus?, fasfocus00, Zellner, Goindef154, Darknight, orangelss, Thorshammer1, BigSix

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KHARPS View Post
    That's good. I already have a deal lined up for subs though....I'll be going with 2-12'' lv4s with lv5 coils.
    that will sound crazy to iam shure.
    and just think, i was thinking of installing a 10w7 that i have...
    glad i didnt!

bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

in for vids!!

Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

Closed Thread