Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Power Cells

fuster is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Power Cells

Can anyone tell me if there are any companies that sell enhanced batteries such as power cells, that are manufactured in USA? I contacted Kinetik and theirs are made in China. I am looking for something to make sure my amplifiers have sufficient/continuous voltage supply.

Thanks.
    Mike

t1990le is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Power Cells

Kinetik are very good batteries. Try looking up Deka as well. What kind of system do you have and what kind of vehicle is it in?

2004 Ford F-150:
    HU: Panasonic CQ-C8803U
    (4) Polk MM 6x8s, (4) Kicker CVR 10s
    RD 1750.1 & MTX BTP 504
    2 runs 1/0 Welding Cable, 8awg & 14awg speaker wire, Optima YT, Custom BP 215 amp Alt, Big 3 in 1/0

SRim23 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fuster View Post
    Can anyone tell me if there are any companies that sell enhanced batteries such as power cells, that are manufactured in USA? I contacted Kinetik and theirs are made in China. I am looking for something to make sure my amplifiers have sufficient/continuous voltage supply.

Thanks.
    Mike
    trying to save the economy one battery at a time? good luck

sold to : vitveet, ZeroAccess, Regalboi97 bought from: pboulos, mikescanlon, pickup1, konechiwa, CaliforniabOY5, desertheat
    Quote Originally Posted by DDeitz View Post
    blacks buy cars owned by white men who were designed by asians and made by mexicans ...see everyone contributes to the cycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Willkas View Post
    today I was messin with my newly installed subs, i really have no clue what they are but they're definatly old school. Out of nowhere, it burts into awesome mode and starts shaking the garage doors of the entire lot ( work in a auto shop).
    I just want to here some theories how this happened.
    In case you were wondering I drive a tahoe and when I say loud I mean loud to the point that your ears will pop and it starts hurting.

jdawg is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I seriously doubt ANY batteries are made in the US anymore

refs
    woc47, nigro013, defconx3, louisiana_crx, bld 25, supa_c, lancer1978, sxkicker89, 310w6, more, i forget

fuster is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

t1990le: I have two vehicles with systems. Both are running old school Soundstream amplifiers. 1994 Chevy 3/4 ton truck, towing package, 4x4, 454 BB. 2006 Infiniti G35 6 speed sedan. My concern is that I have several old school Orion amplifiers now (and thank you to the people on this site for helping me when I posted to get help buying them), three HCCA 250's and one 2100 HCCA, all first or second generation (made in USA). The current draw versus voltage supplied is something I will be concerned about if I put three of these in my Infiniti, which is now running three Soundstream Reference 500 amplifiers. The truck I was just thinking of swapping out the battery for one of these power cells, the biggest one I can fit in there.

Kinetik recommends using a power cell for the main battery and the one in the trunk so that there are not charging system issues with the differential in the rate of discharge between their power cells and a standard battery.

For those cynical persons who want to supply China with our money, I feel sorry for you. Yes, there are batteries manufactured here in the US. And if you are happy paying a Chinese citizen pennies to produce something that is sold for huge profit here rather than put Americans to work in manufacturing here, then don't complain about all the Americans out of work. I personally prefer to divert my money to US labor or if I can't find it for the product I want then to Japan or Europe or Taiwan.

snoopdan is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I think Alpha Cell is out of canada

fuster is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Snoopdan:

I Googled Alphacell and Alpha Cell. I found a company that sells power back up equipment and power cells, but I did not find any offerings for automotive, it all appeared to be industrial. Thanks for the help.

jdawg is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fuster View Post
    Snoopdan:

I Googled Alphacell and Alpha Cell. I found a company that sells power back up equipment and power cells, but I did not find any offerings for automotive, it all appeared to be industrial. Thanks for the help.
    it doesnt have to say automotive

refs
    woc47, nigro013, defconx3, louisiana_crx, bld 25, supa_c, lancer1978, sxkicker89, 310w6, more, i forget

fuster is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It appears that Kinetik offers a different technology or design to their batteries. I can't verify if it is something significant because I have read it on their web site. I did contact their support department, maybe I will email them again with more questions. But they claim their design allows the battery to discharge at a slower rate and that you can get a more constant voltage using their product.

brian84corvette is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

where do "bat caps" get manufactured in ?

I was under the idea that kenetik batterys can give off power much faster than regular batterys can , so when the demand for power is there by the amplifier, the battery can easily give off all of the power required much faster than a normal battery can deliver.

also suposedly, they recharge faster too. totaly un clear on this as fact or not,
    and I own a kenetik 800 as my rear battery. yellow top under the hood tho.
    I do get charging issues some times. but my alt is 24 years old I believe, sooo
    that could be part of the problem.

brians ghetto burb of amazing and cheap and loud build log
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/604559-get-loud-cheap-ghetto-blaster-burb.html

Closed Thread