Closed Thread

Reload Thread: please help me out with my cavalier

dbolm666 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

please help me out with my cavalier

if anyone can help me i would appreciate it...i own a 1993 chevy cavalier 2.2 litter engine...i was looking for a way to boost some more horse power out of it...i put on already a aftermarket exhaust but i'm looking for other parts...although everywhere i go everyone says the car is to OLD to hook up...**** THEM. if anyone could give me some kind of pointers to get some extra horsepower that would be sweet...also i need some help with a speaker set up...see uit takes 3 1/2 in the front but i'm probably gonna go with 4''. does anyone know any good 4 inch speakers i should go with...i'm looking to put about $100.00 into the speakers and probably about $600.00 into the engine for now...THANKS.

I am Da MaN, WhaT!

Annex is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: please help me out with my cavalier

They have air filters out there that can increase your hp..although it wouldnt do anything greatly significant..but enough that you'd notice. For the life of me I can't remember the name of who makes it but I'll check on it for ya....a buddy of mine just put one in his Cougar. You could also think about getting a cool air intake.

Install pics...
    http://www.soundhertz.com/4images/c...es.php?cat_id=7

01' Dodge Neon ES
    Alpine CDA-7894 w/ iPod hooked up
    Ampman Adire Audio Revo 1500
    2 ED 12A's
    50 sq ft. of Second Skin Damplifier
    Trying to hook up an 8-bit NES *in-dash* ....having issues..IM me at Paul3230Kent if you can help!!!! PLEASE!

thinkbig is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Annex
    They have air filters out there that can increase your hp..although it wouldnt do anything greatly significant..but enough that you'd notice. For the life of me I can't remember the name of who makes it but I'll check on it for ya....a buddy of mine just put one in his Cougar. You could also think about getting a cool air intake.
    K&N Filters are supposed to give you a small boost in horsepower. As far as some 4 inch speakers, the best thing to do would be shop around at your local shops and listen to what's available. Listening is the best way to see what you like.

maylar is offline Electrical Weenie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Go to your local Tweeter store and listen to Boston Acoustics RX47's. Nicest 4" coaxials I know of. If $139 is too much, their FX4's are also sweet.

As for the Cavalier, find yourself a Chevy message board and ask them. I did a quick search on Yahoo for "Cavalier message boards" and got lots of hits.

dave
    ----------
    1999 Buick Park Ave Ultra
    Head Unit: JVC KWHDR720
    EQ: Audiocontrol EQL
    Front Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine 5.25 mids, Morel Maximo tweets
    Sub Stage: Boston G3 10", 0.5 cu ft sealed
    Amp: PPI Phantom 900.4
    Rear Fill: Boston SE953 6X9's

Closed Thread