Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need some input on new deck for system

Luzah is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 Need some input on new deck for system

Hey everyone!

I just recently came across a deal of a lifetime...2 JL Audio w7's barely used and a JL Audio 1000/1 monoblock amp for $1500. I knew it was legit because i was with my friend when he bought all of it, but he ran into some financial problems and sold me his stuff for $1500 all together. I thought it was the deal of a lifetime, but now i have another quest. I am using an Alpine CDA-7984 deck to run this beast of a system, but i think it might be a little out-dated/obsolete. Can someone recommend a better Alpine deck than this one, without paying an arm and a leg for it? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    Luzah

My Upcoming system!!!
    HU: Alpine DVA-9861
    Components: Focal 165K2P 6 1/2's
    Comps amp: Alpine PDX4.150
    Sub Amp: JL Audio 1000/1
    Subs: w7's.
    Secondary Batt: Stinger 1800
    LOT o dynamat!

nitrous is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need some input on new deck for system

The 9813 is a very nice deck....or if are willing to spend a little more, there's the 9815. AWESOME deck!

97 GTP

Custom Fiberglassed dash with 7" LCD TC, Alpine 9815, Infinity Kappa 6x9s, Infinity Kappa 6.5" Components, XM radio

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luzah
    Hey everyone!

I just recently came across a deal of a lifetime...2 JL Audio w7's barely used and a JL Audio 1000/1 monoblock amp for $1500. I knew it was legit because i was with my friend when he bought all of it, but he ran into some financial problems and sold me his stuff for $1500 all together. I thought it was the deal of a lifetime, but now i have another quest. I am using an Alpine CDA-7984 deck to run this beast of a system, but i think it might be a little out-dated/obsolete. Can someone recommend a better Alpine deck than this one, without paying an arm and a leg for it? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    Luzah
    for 1500 and used it's not the best deal in the world but it certainly isn't bad. anyway, how much $$ exactly are you looking to spend??

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

Luzah is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The money situation is currently tight. I won't be able to go over $300...$350 would almost be impossible, but it could work with a little time. As far as the 7894 being obsolete, it's an electronic item. Electronic items are hard to keep up with. Just like computers, they have new decks coming out every 3 months, or so it seems. And as each new deck rolls out of production, your "new" deck gets pushed down the line further and further untill it becomes deleted/obsolete. I work in a retail store and i've seen it done numerous times. But maybe it's not obsolete yet, but it will be out-dated within the end of next year.

My Upcoming system!!!
    HU: Alpine DVA-9861
    Components: Focal 165K2P 6 1/2's
    Comps amp: Alpine PDX4.150
    Sub Amp: JL Audio 1000/1
    Subs: w7's.
    Secondary Batt: Stinger 1800
    LOT o dynamat!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Re: Need some input on new deck for system

Quote Originally Posted by Luzah
    The money situation is currently tight. I won't be able to go over $300...$350 would almost be impossible, but it could work with a little time. As far as the 7894 being obsolete, it's an electronic item. Electronic items are hard to keep up with. Just like computers, they have new decks coming out every 3 months, or so it seems. And as each new deck rolls out of production, your "new" deck gets pushed down the line further and further untill it becomes deleted/obsolete. I work in a retail store and i've seen it done numerous times. But maybe it's not obsolete yet, but it will be out-dated within the end of next year.
    man my 940 is almost a year old and still not obsolete. there is an article you might wanna read in this months car audio and electronics. a guy took his vintage car audio gear from early 90's i think it was and took a few trophies with it for Sq. hell my 9300 that i sold my friend isn't obsolete nor is the classic pioneer p1r it's all on what it has.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac
    New head units come out every 1-2 years (Depending on company/model) ...

Pioneer needs to get their **** together and release the DEH-P9500 and Premier DEH-P950 ... Wasn't it supposed to be out in July ?

Technically, it's not obsolete unless it can't play CDs or until the medium changes from CDs ...

And, as far as it being outdated, the CDA-7894 is basically the same head unit as the CDA-9813 sans Quick Search and Bass Engine Pro ...

Therefore, the only real upgrade would be the CDA-9815 ...
    nah the 9500/950 was due out in sept. last i was told. from what i've been told they aren't off by too much this year. won't be much dif. only way i will change is if i find a friend wanting my 940 for around 350-375 and get the 950 for like 150 more hehe. that's how i got my 940 sold the 9300 for 350 got the 940 for 500.

adam

Closed Thread