Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Suburban LT

offroadnes is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Suburban LT

hi, I got a Suburban LT 03. I want to build a semi medium system.
    I have a Bose system in the SUV now with audio controls in the steering wheel. I dont want to loose these controls, is it possible to keep the stock head unit and add amps for the subs and new speaker I want to install in the doors.

BDIDDY is offline Sittin' Slick

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadnes
    hi, I got a Suburban LT 03. I want to build a semi medium system.
    I have a Bose system in the SUV now with audio controls in the steering wheel. I dont want to loose these controls, is it possible to keep the stock head unit and add amps for the subs and new speaker I want to install in the doors.

Yes it is, I think you have to have a line input converter. I think thats what it is called.

"Just have to remember to take everything in stride, and don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today because there might not be a tomorrow. " <---- RAMOS

Profliepower is the funniest guy ever...

offroadnes is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    do you think I will loose sound quality.

BDIDDY is offline Sittin' Slick

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadnes
    do you think I will loose sound quality.

I dont think so, but I am not the smartest person on this forum, if you will give it some time someone else with reply.

"Just have to remember to take everything in stride, and don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today because there might not be a tomorrow. " <---- RAMOS

Profliepower is the funniest guy ever...

bri487 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    all you need is a line level output converter, this will take care of the low level inputs. i'm almost sure that shops will try to talk you out of it though. i dont know about the outputs for the highs/mids, but there aren't that many obstacles that stand in the way of getting what you want in the car audio world. with the bose system though, i wouldnt reccomend mixing bose speakers with other ones. if you are planning on upgrading certain speakers, i would reccomend doing them all. i find that with bose, they sound good (for a stock system) at low volumes, but they cant keep up with the aftermarket speakers at higher volumes.

MaXiMa is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Suburban LT

Quote Originally Posted by bri487
    all you need is a line level output converter, this will take care of the low level inputs. i'm almost sure that shops will try to talk you out of it though. i dont know about the outputs for the highs/mids, but there aren't that many obstacles that stand in the way of getting what you want in the car audio world. with the bose system though, i wouldnt reccomend mixing bose speakers with other ones. if you are planning on upgrading certain speakers, i would reccomend doing them all. i find that with bose, they sound good (for a stock system) at low volumes, but they cant keep up with the aftermarket speakers at higher volumes.
    can you do that on Bose speakers? my bro did that on his ford ranger WIth a PG ti and it sounds awsome. although this was my first expierance with this.

Closed Thread