Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Good system for around $500????

Kaos is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good system for around $500????

I was wondering if I could set up a descent system for around $500? All I want is something that has a good, tight thump. By system I mean: a pair of subs (preferably 10's), and amp, and a hu. After I have this setup I will look into getting my mid's and highs by replacing my door speakers. Oh yea, this will be going into an extended cab Ranger, so I don't have alot of space (approx. 12" wide and up to 14" tall enclosure). TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by EarDrummin.
    Uh.. I could be wrong. I could be really wrong. But what if I'm right? ****, I don't know. I'm right, I think.

Qckrun is offline Registered User

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos
    I was wondering if I could set up a descent system for around $500? All I want is something that has a good, tight thump. By system I mean: a pair of subs (preferably 10's), and amp, and a hu. After I have this setup I will look into getting my mid's and highs by replacing my door speakers. Oh yea, this will be going into an extended cab Ranger, so I don't have alot of space (approx. 12" wide and up to 14" tall enclosure). TIA.
    How about a pair of eD K 10's edesignaudio.com I think there like 125 Each, so 250$. And a Avionixx amp or something. I dunno what kinda hu you want... but those subs are some really good ones. go for them if you want

mamey69 is offline Quiero Cerveza!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd say that you better buy something less expensive than the ED because you wont have money left to buy a HU.. so An entry level equipment (and not so bad IMO) would be 2 alpine Type S for like $80 bucks, a profile maybe the CL800 maybe $130 and a pioneer HU for 200 that almost 500 look for that in ikesound.com

I think that´s the best u can do with 500...imo

=The Silent Member=

"This site will help you to understand basic electronics and some electronic devices. " http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/caraudio.htm

Another interesting site to check box calculations and some other issues http://www.the12volt.com

insearchofbass is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Good system for around $500????

hi i saw your post and id say with your room you could go with say one kicker comp 12 ( not the vrs) sealed in about a 1.50 cubic foot box they handle 150 watts rms each. They are about (60 bucks) on ebay. They reason i suggest this is because i got one of these on a profile 400 watt amp but i will warn you the amp does get hot but doesnt shut down ever (70 bucks on ebay) which prob really only puts out 200 rms and the amp at three quarter gain (dont go over this) and it hit 126 db on my digital spl meter. The install was in a 90 nissan sentra xe. Then for your head unit id suggest something like an alpine about (160 bucks on ebay) if i remember right. Then you should spend some on wires, rcas, and build yourself a box to house the 12. All this and you still would have enough for factory replacements and you could run them off your head unit but a small amp for the highs would be better and this would be fine because the alpine headunit i recommend would have three rca outs. I hope this helps.

thanks,

In search of bass

MaXDout is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i mean for $500 you can get an all JL system and bump realllll nice, atleast tahts how much i pay for my **** i get..... but good luck with w./e u get

Kali77 is offline *Roots Radic*

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaXDout
    i mean for $500 you can get an all JL system and bump realllll nice, atleast tahts how much i pay for my **** i get..... but good luck with w./e u get

Kali

LoSt

2005 Honda Accord LX Sedan
    PPI A600.2 SOLD
    PPI A404 SOLD
    PPI A404.2 SOLD
    PPI A100 SOLD
    PPI DEQ-230 SOLD
    Coustic XM7 Crossover SOLD
    2 12" PPI Pro's
    Seas Excel w15cy001 5.5" SOLD
    Seas L18RNX/p SOLD
    LCY 130 Ribbons SOLD
    Clarion DRZ9255 SOLD
    Kinetik HC1400 SOLD
    100sqft SS Damplifier SOLD

ALL FOR SALE http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=112867

Wife's Ride
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    DLS 6.2 Iridium's
    JL 300/2
    Excelon 679
    60 sqft SS Damplifier
    1 gallon SS Sludge
    No subs

Chevyaudio is offline :poof:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaXDout
    what kind of JL system do you have?

nikosbuddy is offline I pooped a hammer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

woot!!! bringing back the old threads since 2003 :p

Raven is offline Lacking social skills!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^ And I was about to post my sugguestions, too. =p

guy022077 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if you are going to do some now and some later ...i would get a great deck and decent mids and highs first... then do a gret sub thing later..

refs
    negativezeroz,raven2201,perrydog,mikescaleon,bring 97,spicemonster, pesteele,vladd,
    thugpassion,bimma85,vilinz1,kingfotheparkinglot,kr ouchchocolate,metalmaxima,lax916,NoXious
    ,vosschs,JL12W7INAGS300,LeX,phattonydemarocoX2,msi mon,dirtysouth05,khail19,dleccordX2
    ,ownage9,mountaineerman,meka,pener, jay spec,goose5741,prochobo,99StangGt,Digital B,flixpink,recordholder7
    ,FoxPro5X2,spudracer326,jeeper07,stuckinok,RaGe420 ,eatankX2,kevin85193,duckfart,prochobo,jacka,lilwh eezy7d5,james33440,
    matrxx dudeX2,Blados,grandam123,hemiscott,matt_martin87
    i make mdf rings

pioneer deqp7000 for sale 209 shipped obo trades ok

MaXDout is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have 2 JL w6v2s that costed me 400 all together and 200 bucks for Kenwood x811d which btw my **** is amazing i love it now compared to my solo i used to have

Closed Thread