Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Help with my setup. Subs??

Pavement8 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Help with my setup. Subs??

Hey

I've been thinking of insalling subs in my 94 Explorer for a while now. I listen to a variety of music and want a nice "full" sound. I basically just want to be able to crank it up and have some nice bass without any distortion or loss of high end clarity.
    Best Buy's Rockford Fosgate Punch Z Sub/amp/box deal looked good to me. A freind said I could get much better for the money and recomended this forum for advice.
    I currently have some older polk speakers installed that I'm happy with but just want a bit of the umph of subs. Submph!

I'd really appreciate some help on what to look for based on what I want. I'm looking to spend under $300, is it possible to have a loud and complete home stereo sound in my car for that much?

Thanks!
    Jamal

burtonsnow83 is offline shred the gnar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavement8
    Hey

I've been thinking of insalling subs in my 94 Explorer for a while now. I listen to a variety of music and want a nice "full" sound. I basically just want to be able to crank it up and have some nice bass without any distortion or loss of high end clarity.
    Best Buy's Rockford Fosgate Punch Z Sub/amp/box deal looked good to me. A freind said I could get much better for the money and recomended this forum for advice.
    I currently have some older polk speakers installed that I'm happy with but just want a bit of the umph of subs. Submph!

I'd really appreciate some help on what to look for based on what I want. I'm looking to spend under $300, is it possible to have a loud and complete home stereo sound in my car for that much?

Thanks!
    Jamal
    Welcome to the forum

It is very possible you can check out a multitude of different maunfacturers... kicker, elemental designs, etc etc check out the for sale section on this forum

most likely people are going to recomend edesignaudio.com and their edk 12 inch version. It is 120 and should add some good punch and handle a fair amount of power, then jsut look around for a 400-500 watt amp(too lazy too look for ya now) and that should be 150-200, and you can build a box for fairly cheap(under 40) 300 is a little conservative but it can certainly be done.

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/burtonsnow83

148.1 on the dash(rangerman's mic)

H/U -Alpine cda-9815
    Comps- CDT Cl61a
    Sub- 2 edk 12.44
    amps- Avionixx AXT 800.2
    Us acoustics usx2080
    box - 2 cubes each at 33 hz
    wiring-knukonceptz

All in an 02 xterra

Qckrun is offline Registered User

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavement8
    Hey

Thanks!
    Jamal
    Try looking at the eD K series... edesignaudio.com. Also look into some of the amps on there. There really a good bang for your buck.

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    www.adireaudio.com Shiva $125 shipped
    www.imagedynamicsusa.com IDQ $170
    And the aforementioned eD K series ...

2 x Adire Audio Shiva - $250 shipped
    1 x Profile CL 1200 - $214 + shipping or
    1 x Profile CA 1200 - $199 + shipping or
    1 x US Acoustics 600d - $237 + shipping or
    1 x JBL 600.1 - $175 + shipping

1 x sheet 3/4" MDF - $20
    1 x package #8 1 1/2" coarse threaded drywall screws - $4
    1 x #8 countersink drill bit - $3
    1 x tube silicone caulking - $3
    1 x tube of carpenters glue or Liquid Nails - $5

2.5 or 3 cubes for the pair of subs with a divider down the middle.

Oh great ... just seen your budget ... guess you'd look for an amp that does ~ 200-400 RMS x 1 @ 4ohm ... USX2080 is cheap I think. There's a bunch of bridgeable 2 channel Profiles that would work too ...

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Pavement8 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks a bunch for the help, you've all been very inforative! I guess I'll go start shopping around.

- Jamal

Closed Thread