Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: You Know Those Uninstall Keys ... ?

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You Know Those Uninstall Keys ... ?

Yeah ... you know them - the little metal dude's that come with your head unit ... has everyone been getting them? Specifically with Alpine units? There's been a few people asking me lately why the haven't recieved their uninstall clips in their box.

Personally, I think the shop that sold it to them took them out of the box, so they have to pay them to uninstall it ... good way to make money, also a good way to get in a argument and get beat on.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

mgaidica is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yhe, not a bad idea to scam people outa their ten bucks.. i cant beleive a big chain like CC or Best Buy would ever do it..

2x JBL 1200.1 for sale...

AIM- Mgaidica

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgaidica
    yhe, not a bad idea to scam people outa their ten bucks.. i cant beleive a big chain like CC or Best Buy would ever do it..
    I know ... I told them to march in there demanding their uninstall clip things ... after all, they did in fact pay for them.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

spyd3r is offline drunken polak

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A lot of the newer hu's from alpine and eclipse don't require the keys to release the jackets. Its simply a levrl ...you just remove the trim and use a small srewdriver to wedge the lever.

Sound quality enthusiast with a Silver GTI VR6

*Eclipse ecp 416 *Diamond Audio D7054 *D7152 *Diamond Audio Hex 10" *phazeaudio/studio_drivers/alumapro dual mid 6.5's alc compoenents

ngsm13 is offline BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well, when i try to push the release button to take my faceplate off on my 7894 it won't come off....don't know the problem. peace

NG

http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

jer_stud56 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Me and my friend got his out easily (when his mom's car died)...you take the face off and push a button and it slid out. Was a good deck too...gave it to her BF .

- pe@ce

Audio Setup:
    Car: Late Model '99 Jetta
    Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P680MP
    Subs: (2) eD 13Ov.2 D4
    Amp: AQ 1200D
    Wiring: KnuKonceptz 4 Gauge
    Music: Google Play Music

mattj is offline Resonant Engineering

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    youve got a bunch of them at home and so does everyone else, they are called 'hangers'

(SUMMER)
    2001 Ford Mustang GT Premium
    Mach460
    Alpine CDA-9835
    KnuKonceptz Wiring

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattj
    youve got a bunch of them at home and so does everyone else, they are called 'hangers'
    My hangers are pretty and covered in some fabric stuff

Besides, it's out lol.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

bumpinthanite is offline i like cars. a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Best Buy just did it to my buddy the other day. I was helping him with a sub install, and he checked his box for his Pioneer HU, and the keys were gone...We went back up to Best Buy, told them what was up and how the keys were missing for a HU he had just purchased not too long ago (showed receipt and everything), and asked for some, since they were supposed to be in there. They gave us a line of bs saying that all they had were OEM keys, since they "never really do work on aftermarket hu's". What a load of crap. So, we went up to Circuit City where my friend works; he couldn't believe what Best Buy did and just gave us two keys. He even confirmed that they have to have the after market keys (as if that wasn't obvious). It was obvious that the guy was lying anyways...There's just something I have never liked about the car audio people at Best Buy. At all....

n0ftInc is offline Spoilers Up. Kula Style.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: You Know Those Uninstall Keys ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by bumpinthanite
    Best Buy just did it to my buddy the other day. I was helping him with a sub install, and he checked his box for his Pioneer HU, and the keys were gone...We went back up to Best Buy, told them what was up and how the keys were missing for a HU he had just purchased not too long ago (showed receipt and everything), and asked for some, since they were supposed to be in there. They gave us a line of bs saying that all they had were OEM keys, since they "never really do work on aftermarket hu's". What a load of crap. So, we went up to Circuit City where my friend works; he couldn't believe what Best Buy did and just gave us two keys. He even confirmed that they have to have the after market keys (as if that wasn't obvious). It was obvious that the guy was lying anyways...There's just something I have never liked about the car audio people at Best Buy. At all....
    Yeah, although I would take BB over CC anyday.. ..I can't stand their Car Audio Department.. ..oh yeah.. why pay $1o when you gots your hangers..

'93 Corrado SLC
    Alpine .. SI .. Adire .. Orion .. Optima .. KnuKonceptz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Re: You Know Those Uninstall Keys ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by n0ftInc
    Yeah, although I would take BB over CC anyday.. ..I can't stand their Car Audio Department.. ..oh yeah.. why pay $1o when you gots your hangers..
    why would you chose best buys audio department over circuit citys? you like crunch over mtx? jensen over alpine?

you should be slapped

(SUMMER)
    Mach460
    Alpine CDA-9835
    KnuKonceptz Wiring

bumpinthanite is offline i like cars. a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haha...

I think that CC's car audio dept. has some respectable stuff (i.e. Alpine, etc.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: You Know Those Uninstall Keys ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by bumpinthanite
    Haha...

I think that CC's car audio dept. has some respectable stuff (i.e. Alpine, etc.)
    Whats best buys best brand? pioneer? and its not even premier... well at least i havent seen any. And their car audio section is sparse.

(SUMMER)
    Mach460
    Alpine CDA-9835
    KnuKonceptz Wiring

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Re: You Know Those Uninstall Keys ... ?

Whats best buys best brand? pioneer? and its not even premier... well at least i havent seen any. And their car audio section is sparse.
    I think it's ...

Best Buy - Power Acoustik, Pioneer, Sony, JVC, Jensen, Kenwood, R/T, Rockford Fosgate, Lightning Audio, Audiovox, and Epik. [JL Audio?]

vs.

Circuit City - Profile, Polk Audio, Pioneer, Kenwood, Audiovox, MTX, Bazooka, Sony, Infinity, Alpine, Panasonic, Q-Logic, Aiwa, and Harman Kardon. [Stinger? Lightning Audio?]

But it's not like I'm ever in there ... :p

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

n0ftInc is offline Spoilers Up. Kula Style.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Re: Re: You Know Those Uninstall Keys ... ?

why would you chose best buys audio department over circuit citys? you like crunch over mtx? jensen over alpine?

you should be slapped
    Yes.. CC Audio is better then BB, no doubt.. I was saying that I liked BB's store better then CC's..

'93 Corrado SLC
    Alpine .. SI .. Adire .. Orion .. Optima .. KnuKonceptz

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast