Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need help with selecting a head unit for my 2002 civic ex coupe, front+ rear speakers

abercrombie2582 is offline TURBOCHARGED

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need help with selecting a head unit for my 2002 civic ex coupe, front+ rear speakers

Its been about 6 years since I had any type of stereo system. Im sure not much has changed as far as the top brands and such, but I would like some advice on a good overall head unit to install in my car. I used to have a pioneer premier unit, but I hear alpine and eclipse are good just as well.

As far as speakers go, I have 6.5s in front with tweeters from the factory, and 6x9s in the rear. Back in my day, polk and infinity kappas were huge, but what seems to be the popular choices now?

When it comes to what I am exactly looking for? Sound quality that isn't overly bassy.

Not looking to add a sub as of right now. And the whole amping my speakers is still up in the air.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron

Glock23 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need help with selecting a head unit for my 2002 civic ex coupe, front+ rear spea

C3 Customs is offline New Era in integrated SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need help with selecting a head unit for my 2002 civic ex coupe, front+ rear spea

A far as speakers might I suggest looking into Bravox audio CXX series for the 6x9 and the Bravox Audio Diamond series or Kevlar components for the front stage. Just another suggestion.

As far as head units Eclipse, Alpine, Clarion, Nakamichi, JVC and there are countless others but those are pretty reliable.

[CENTER]"The mind is everything. What you think you become." - Buddha

Bravox Audio - DLS - Stetsom - GermanMAESTRO- Second Skin -Arc Audio

ref:mcsoul, rollerdj, 5o4m6, slam, Fiercetimbo17, Jerry B, t00sh0rt, hey, SavageBlackout

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would also like to mention I want to keep on a budget for everything if possible. I know car audio is like crack, so that is why I want to set a limit so I don't go overboard again.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bump, anyone else have suggestions?

lyttleviet is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What is your budget?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

up to 250 for a headunit(that alpine 9886 is looking pretty good right now). Would like to keep the rest under 350 if possible!!!!

Closed Thread