Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Moderators, plz

Enforce is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Moderators, plz

Hey guys, i know i'm new here, but I think we could do a great deal with requiring everyone to register. I'm getting mad when i don't know who to address, and when poeple put up stupid *** messages like "DUDE THATS SOME FAT CASH KICK RULES, YO, LET ME GET A LOAN, KICKER OWNS"

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    i would agree w/ you there....good luck trying to get an administrator to look at it though...you might try to contact and administrator....have fun

zane is offline Bored.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    tried that.....

requested that the admin of this site add active moderation to prevent some of the disrespectful behavior that goes on here. Now the admin is the sole moderator, yet still has yet to make a single post or do any moderating duties whatsoever.

really effective.......

this board would benefit highly from having a few moderators arround. Simply to make sure that the correct information is relayed and so that a good deal of this childishness will stop. Insults and flame wars are no way to discuss car audio; or to learn anything about it.

This is a great site that is going here, however, moderation would be a welcomed improvement.

Well I am on this topic- I am still seeking a knowledgeable person who would like to assume moderator duties at the forums on my website. www.soundwavescs.com .
    I have total control over this site and assure you that an administrator is very easily reached there if needed. If you are interested in this position, please send an email to admin@soundwavescs.com

take it easy,

-zane
    Last edited by zane; 03-19-2002 at 02:33 PM.

Webslave - www.SoundwavesCS.net

"The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready."

- Henry David Thoreau

Unregistered Guest

does it bother you people that much that im not registered?

ramos is offline Still learning

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Not really. I just ignore the stupid post. And try to help the people who want the help.

Zane if you need some help let me know man.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think stopping the unregistered users from posting would do any help anyways. I'm sure you can make multiple user names. It would just make it a little more time consuming. People that want to come on and talk about "u know u ghetto" and b/s like that, are only wasting their time. It doesn't take but a click to go to another topic.

To Zane: I wouldn't mind helping, but I am no where near as qualified as some people in this forum. I like to view myself as just giving common sense answers. If I can help also, I wouldn't mind.

Unregistered Guest

Hold on so let me get this str8!

Because i just replied to your post that actually has nothing to do with car audio its a stupid post? Or are you that hard up on cursing "idiots" out that you need a name to attack when something ignorant gets said. The reason "stupid post" get posted, is cause "Highly Intelligent People" Such as your self show these morons attention. If you want to debate an opinion you dont need their handle for that. I have no problem with registering, but dont take people for idiots just becasue they arent logged in, and/or say something out of ignorance pertaining to the fact. And if you wanted to ban someone as an admin for making a post that has no significance to what this board is set up for (car audio), that would include you for making this post!

ramos is offline Still learning

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Forgive me. Let me clarify. I am not calling you stupid. You asked if it bothered us people that much that you are not registered. I simply answered not really. The "stupid post " reference was meant for the other post in this forum that the first poster was refereing too. Forgive me if I have offended anyone. I did not mean too. Just becaused you are registered or not makes no difference to me personally. If you ask a sensible question that I know something about. I will offer any help I can.

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    well zane i thought about replying to your post on your web site for the moderator but i didnt know if you had anyone available or not....im more than happy to help....drop me a line if you get a chance...i'll also e-mail you...good luck....

mrray13 is offline uz some fegbags

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ramos and zane have nailed it! it shouldn't matter if your registered or not, the admin. should be checking in once in awhile and actually doing some moderating. even then we will always get the posts from people saying silly ***** and acting(typing) like wanna be players. it is up to us to ignore them.

oh yea, if the admin needs help in moderating, then he/she should just ask! i'm sure they would get a favorable response!

Quote Originally Posted by lilmaniac2
    Your circles look like something a HMO doctor would do to a **** job ....
    ^^^ speaking about cbfryman's jigsaw ability

owner of Thread posts 11111 & 12345

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The only problem that I have with Unregistered people is the ones who come on here and try to start something but can't be recognized because they are hiding behind the unregistered tag.

Semi Retired SPL Master
    Review Commitee Organizer
    Team CarAudio.com Captain

147.3 Termlab

Stereo Integrity/Memphis/Pioneer/Optima/JL

2003 NSPL Regular Cab Record Holder

Big Thanks to Loyd Lowry and Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity

geonn is offline oalright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i agree with what rangerman just said. i think the people who write supid posts shouldnt be able to. people tryin to start **** without a name is just dumb they must be afraid or somthin but i dont see why cuz what are the chances of 2 people in this forum actually runnin in to each other. i do agree to use this you should need a login i know that all my answers arent correct but i like to try to tell what i think is right or at least head them in the right dirction on the info. alwell it prolly wont stop but it would be nice if it did.

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lol i shoot off at the mouth and i use my name but it is usually after some twit tries to say i dont know wtf i am talking about lol when in turn they are just too stupid to comprehend...instead of asking they just say you are wrong......

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

mykeys is offline URABUS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I have mixed views on the registering thing..First it doesnt really matter unless you are the mod then you can contact them and personally reprimand them without everyone having to see and have something to say about it. But as a Mod you should be able to see the IP address and be able to lock them out at the same time if the offense is that great.. Other than a penalty purposes it makes no difference to me.

Mike

Your friendly neighborhood subaru freak!

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i wouldnt lock them out..i would just limit them to basic stuff and before they could post the mod can read what they say lol

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast