Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Good Installer?

Hey guys,

I'm really reeeaaallly close to being able to put in an entire system in my car and am now searching for a capable installer who maybe someone here has had good experiences with or think they do good work for reasonable amounts of $$. I live in the Los Angeles area, San Fernando Valley to be specific.

The system I plan on installing is as follows.....

Alpine 9815 for headunit
    CDT-61a's for components
    12" or 15" brahma for sub
    and a nice Hifonics XI Zues amp to power the sub.

not too sure what to use for the comp. set will find one tho...

If anyone has any bright ideas or any good installers in my area post 'em!

paikiah is offline Wangaholic

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You would be the installer that has the most reasonable $$$ charge. Stay awhile and learn a bit about the basics of installation. There are so many people here who can help you step by step...

Team Caraudio

Sony C90, 210 EQ
    Seas 27TDF/C, RE XXX 6.5, custom xo (dyn 240GT sitting idle)
    RF 60.2 amp
    eD A15.22
    Soundstream picasso 1400.1D

Bass drive-by's are uncool.

Nizzel is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have given thought to hooking up my own setup but have been discouraged by responses I've gotten. First of all I know NOTHING about installing speakers, HU's etc. and I really dont wanna mess it up haha. I am going for mostly SQ in my system but would also like to be able to crank the bass up a little bit if provoked

My dad (who's a recording engineer in the music industry and also has some experience with car audio) highly recommends that I get it installed by a professional. He says quality of the installation and experience of the installer will make or break how good the whole setup sounds.

what do ya'll think?

B&R Innovation2 is offline www.soundhertz.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As scary as the first install can be it will be the most rewarding thing you ever do. You do it once and you can do it the rest of your life. THere is just that "can I do it" barrier. I know you can, anyone can. IF you want to maybe talk to me on AIM we can go over your entire process and I can tell you exactly what to do. The hardest thing out of the entire install is making your box but I can give you sooo many tips and tricks to make it just right. We all can.

Take the chance, let myself or anyone on this site just walk you through the entire process and I promise you, it will turn out good. And as I said after you do it once you can always do it again.

If you want to hit me up at [email protected] or on AIM "soundhertz brian"

I used to spend a lot of my free time here. It was fun I suppose. Still rocking the 9515 and Better Audio amp haha.

How's incriminator stuff these days?

ngsm13 is offline BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    yeah, i started out with limited knowledge of car audio. But with help from here...along with some common sense, i have become very good at installing all types of stuff along with building boxes. It is hard at first, but after you do it once...it makes everything else easier. I have done at least 10-15 installs for other people now, it gets a lot easier....plus it's fun to me. Also, when u do it urself...u appreciate it that much more. peace

NG

http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

Qckrun is offline Registered User

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I remember my first install last year. I was nervous as crap just like you not wanting to mess up anything i did. I'd say the hardest parts are.... the box, and possibly putting the front speakers in. The easyiest part is hooking everything up. Just get someone to give you a blue print of how it should look and just follow that. It shouldn't be too hard. Look in the Wire section it shows the different type of wiring setup for the sub. Just ask around man, i'd be willing to help you, just im me on aol. My SN is at the bottom so is my email. Feel free, anything i can do to help you!

Also you dad may be right but really, who wants to spend but loads of money on an installer unless you have it lol . I dont wanna so rude but it kinda sounds like you do have the money to do that cause your dads in the music industry. If thats so you may want to check out Shaq's store in DownTown LA i think. Im not sure if thats where it is but i know its in LA. I know theres a number of good places with a ton of excellent installers in LA. Just ask around, visit though stores, see what they sell. Most likely you can some times judge an installer by the stuff they sell. Like if they sell alot of the **** brands most likely there gonna be a ****** installer. If they sell alot of w7's and top of the line ****, there mostly like gonna be a good installer.

What you guys think of that theroy lol

GrandAmGT is offline Grand Am GT in the Making

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If your in the LA area, I know 2 GREAT places, one wherer you will probably get one hell of a deal.

Audio Designs: It's a new business, created by a former worker of Speaker Works, Now. If you havn't heard of SpeakerWorks Before, just ask Steve, he probably knows more about SpeakerWorks than me. Well i'd go to Audio Designs, I bought my stuff from there, they dont just install it for you, it's literally a class, they show you what there doing, how there doing it, you can watch. they teach you all the functions that your HU will do, and the good thing, it's cheap. Real great place, and I can probably get you a small chunk of $$ of your install if you talk to me on AIM. Did I mention it's in Aneheim Hills? The website is www.kickasscaraudio.com im pretty sure

the Next one, is Speaker Works: this will probably be expensive, but a very nice shop located in Aneheim Hills. Your best bet would be to go to Audio Designs. talk to me on aim for more info about audio designs.

Hoped this helped..

-1997 Grand Am GT-

-Pioneer 8400 HU
    -MBQ Discuss Series 4x6" and 6x9"
    -US Acoustics 65x4 Amp
    -2 12" Kicker L7's in a SubZone Ported.
    -Crossfire VR 2000D !!!
    -100 sq ft Second Skin Damplifier
    -new 105 amp Alt
    -New Yellow Top battery
    = 148.6 Db's

Next Competition: September 27th-Baraboo WI

Member of Team CarAudio.com

My SoundDomain Page

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    those sound like the kind of places im looking for, thanks. i am definitely considering installing my own system....i'll prolly have one of my friends help me out with it since he's done some work in that area.

And Qckrun i'd love to save money and do the whole install myself...the money i'm using is hard earned summer job money

I'm still not quite sure what i'm gonna do for the installation...i guess i'll just wait a few days and ask around. For sure even if i do end up putting in my system myself i'll have the sub box made for me. Anyone here help me out with that?

80_Cutlass_mn is offline What needs to be here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey man, I know your prolly worried about messin something up or whatever but dont worry about it man, its easier than you might think. I know the first system I installed was my own h/u in my car, I thought it was gonna be hard but I had it in my car and playing in like 30 minutes and I had never even seen one put in before, I just followed the wiring diagram that came with the wiring harness plugged it in and voila it worked. Then came the subs and amp, building the box was the hardest part, but I eventually got it all in and now everyone has come to me to put stuff in and im sure if I wanted i could make a business off of it.

Arctic White 1995 Camaro 3.4L

Hifonics BX2005D- 12" IA Death Penalty
    Premier prs-x220 - MB Quart DSD213 components
    Pioneer DEH-P7600MP - Scosche 4 Ga. wiring kit

Aol Instant Messanger: CamaroMN1995

GrandAmGT is offline Grand Am GT in the Making

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you would need help with installation, I know a guy in the Aneheim hills area, used to work at Speaker Works, who can maybe help you out. He know's what he's doing....give me a shout if you want me to ask him

-1997 Grand Am GT-

-Pioneer 8400 HU
    -MBQ Discuss Series 4x6" and 6x9"
    -US Acoustics 65x4 Amp
    -2 12" Kicker L7's in a SubZone Ported.
    -Crossfire VR 2000D !!!
    -100 sq ft Second Skin Damplifier
    -new 105 amp Alt
    -New Yellow Top battery
    = 148.6 Db's

Next Competition: September 27th-Baraboo WI

Member of Team CarAudio.com

My SoundDomain Page

drkodin is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if you wanna come down to me i will do it for $100 and i'l teach you the whole process as well

it is very very easy.

what car btw?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    !!! It's a Nissan Altima '02 model. it doesn't have the bose setup so i dont have to go through all the trouble of ripping that whole system out. Drkodin that awsesome man How much experience you have with this sort of thing? And what's your email so we can discuss this further.... thanks for all the help guys. hopefully i'll have my system in soon

Closed Thread