Closed Thread

Reload Thread: System is finally complete, here ya go.

mrmagoo_83 is offline Registered User

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

System is finally complete, here ya go.

2 Fosgate 10" HEs in a downfiring box behind the seat
    Fosgate 125.2 pushing 440 to each subs
    Fosgate Fanatic P 6.5" Component set
    Fosgate 150a2 pushing 150 to the mids
    Sony CDX-M610 HU

I will try to post some pics soon, the box is pretty nice. The amps are in the middle inset in the box and can be seen when my console is folded down (needs a little neon to show it off), both subs are outside of the amps and are on the bottom of the box downfiring so they cannot be seen and are protected when I throw junk behind the seat. Next to come is Sony's new MP3 CD changer.

SuckMikeHawk23 is offline #1 Laker Hater

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i wanna know how ur getting 880 watts out of ur 125.2???? 440 out of that amp alone is amazing, and im pretty sure there is a 125.2 out there with a 440 watt birth sheet, but 880??? and i also wanna kno how are you giving those subs 440 watts each when their max is only 400 and rms is 200?????

Team Caraudio.com
    2000 Honda Civic Coupe:
    Alpine CDA-7892
    MTX81000D
    US Acoustics USX4085
    Crystal Mobilesound CPE60S
    Crystal Mobilesound CSC60S
    2 E12KD2's
    4.7 cubic foot ported box

AIM: TeamVicious23 and FishermanSteve23

mrmagoo_83 is offline Registered User

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Amp was made back in like '96 or '97, it puts 440Watts Peak at 4 ohms mono. It puts 250 Watts RMS at 4 ohms mono. 400 is the speakers max peak, which is only hit a few times, most of the time you do not get close to the peak, but fosgate also said they would handle the extra 40 no prob. The amp is bridged down to 2 ohms, but it is inset in the from of the box and gets plenty of air, it gets warm but not too warm. So I might actually be pushing more than 440 to each one, but I don't know of anyway to actually measure it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    when its state that ur amp is putting out 440 watts, and u bridge 2 channels to it, the power is divided by the 2 channels, so ur actually get 440 watts total, and 220 to each sub. this sounds about right for ur subs.

Team Caraudio.com
    2000 Honda Civic Coupe:
    Alpine CDA-7892
    MTX81000D
    US Acoustics USX4085
    2 E12KD2's

Unregistered Guest

Not when in parallel. In series yes. But the subs are wired in parallel so the impedence is the same the current is halfed. If they were in series it would be 220 to each sub.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    fosgate tests their amps at a 2 ohm load... it was already stated that its running at 2 ohms, so the amp is only putting out 440 watts total, and 220 to each channel. and if u run that thing at 1 ohm, it'll fry.

Team Caraudio.com
    2000 Honda Civic Coupe:
    Alpine CDA-7892
    MTX81000D
    US Acoustics USX4085
    2 E12KD2's

Unregistered Guest

Well im running (2) 12in. rockford fosgate HX2 off of 1 MA Audio 1000W amp, both speakers voice coils bridged and im running in mono with it being .05% stable im having no prob slamming them speakers off of only 1000W of amperage. I have 2 Memphis Boxes 1 for each speaker in a toyota camry. and it doesnt even touch my amp it is a max and has never gotten hot or even warm. Screw the Farad Cap go with a dry cell battery. Much Better power handling. I havent even upgraded the components and the factory speaks dont even distort at all. no need to upgrade at all. I can barely sit in the car when the unit is only on 15 let alone on 20 which I have only put above once and that was a comp in Woodward OK and I hit with my stock stereo and aftermarket amp and woofers I hit 151.8dB without absorbers in the trunk. Im not going to upgrade anything except the drivers but im happy with what I have.

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Unregistered
    Well im running (2) 12in. rockford fosgate HX2 off of 1 MA Audio 1000W amp, both speakers voice coils bridged and im running in mono with it being .05% stable im having no prob slamming them speakers off of only 1000W of amperage. I have 2 Memphis Boxes 1 for each speaker in a toyota camry. and it doesnt even touch my amp it is a max and has never gotten hot or even warm. Screw the Farad Cap go with a dry cell battery. Much Better power handling. I havent even upgraded the components and the factory speaks dont even distort at all. no need to upgrade at all. I can barely sit in the car when the unit is only on 15 let alone on 20 which I have only put above once and that was a comp in Woodward OK and I hit with my stock stereo and aftermarket amp and woofers I hit 151.8dB without absorbers in the trunk. Im not going to upgrade anything except the drivers but im happy with what I have.

woodward oklahoma....i havent been there in a while...when was that db contest out there??? and is there that much of a intrest in car audio out there??? my grandma lives out there so im out there every so often...anyways....jus curious ....

Closed Thread