Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Reload Thread: ED special

liljojo4711 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: ED special

ok well i will keep all of this in mind. thanks for all the replies. this isnt going to help anymore probably lol.

audioholic is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Did I mention that Im working on uncovering a sinister plot that involves eD funding global terrorism, and an illegal dog fighting ring? Every eD purchase helps terrorists kill babies and little puppies.

You really want that on your conscience?

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

JL Audio is offline ThugStep

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

where are you located in lex? i'm in london and will be heading to richmond saturday if you want to listen to 1-2 of my setups, I have my re in right now and I also have a few other subs I could bring along and switch out.

IM GONNA FIRE MY LAZER AND SUCH.

liljojo4711 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i go to UK so in that area. downtown lexington. i would love to hear some RE's because i want to compare them to others i have heard. what other subs do u have?

SomeDonnieDude is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You cant compare an HDC to a 13av.2. Thats apples and oranges. I haven't heard either sub in person, but I can bet the eD would blow away the HDC in sq, but the HDC should be alot louder.

Bought from- woofercooker, Paul Larrea, mike11202, SPL-Master, Hazardous0388, 528hz, TeamPSI
    Sold to- stockgp, 85 blazer, 91caprice
    Traded with- mike11202, Trevor87

mrogowski is offline Beware the eyes of Johnny

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ok, hold on. Isn't the 13Ov.2 the one that was on sale not long ago for $50?

NE14MX is offline Finish the Drill

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sounds like a decent deal to me. If starting from scratch, not a bad way to go. I have an av running from a sundown 1000d and love it for what I gave.

They've treated me very well, allowing me to return an amp for which I had no receipt for warranty work. If they ripped someone else off in th epast then you'll have to get advice from who was ripped off but they treated me well an that's all I can testify other than being happy with my 13av.

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A review by npdang using Klippel and other methods, and said it's a good sub for extremely low frequencies. Not bad build quality either.

REF's
    Quote Originally Posted by cotjones View Post
    to answer someones question earlier.... after 194dBs your car no longer puts out sound, it puts out earthquakes

Current Setup:
    Nakamichi CD-300, Coustic XM-3, Clarion EQS746, Coustic 510-DR, RE RE 6.5" Comps, Powerbass XA-900D, TCON Custom Subwoofer, Ported 1.5 to 30Hz

Future Setup:
    In the works again

WTB: Best Joke - Thread

dave_damage is offline Soundstream Nut Swinger

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrogowski View Post
    Ok, hold on. Isn't the 13Ov.2 the one that was on sale not long ago for $50?
    No that was the kv

Refs. --Navi--, andrew2944r, TeamPSI, FASTIMES, connersdad19, bball09124, cccullen, Team H&K, Fusion_FREAK, hemi=22s, ProjectPechkin, DaPinballWizard, FJF, Farmacist, stevexyz, cf2004, fredridge, slam, btr x's2, blackga, ZPilot, moboman, jbizzle, csb41502, davidt487, RyanM923, Blazemore, mrogowski, gordos420, Flipx99, maintrain, Mike., LoggedOut, MonkeyBone, DBBOOM, kubie, lowriderram_95, f150john, 96MaxGLE, focus_in_the_cp, twistedchild420, k_schutte, theMessenjah44, BigE, loud-n-low, nicker10, tapout, basscort2009, blackman, midwestmonstas, Pr1m3, 1phatclipse, Tirefryr, delussional77, michaellane, casper97ta, DC GTP, tenbux1970, existenz, BassAddictJ, sk8luder 97

rog2961 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Yes, virtually all car audio companies are guilty of trying to steal patented technology directly off a competitors product, all the while touting how their new product will best the victim's product, like the JL W7 scandal, right? Virtually every car audio company has out and out lied about products, with every intention of misleading their customers into purchasing an inferior product for inflated prices, such as the eDead scandal, right? Virtually every car audio company out there has screwed large anounts of customers on faulty coned subs that broke if a gentle breeze touched them, right? And never refunded, or even returned the broken speakers back to the poor bastard customers who bought them, right? And yeah, almost every car audio company out there is guilty of trying to steal an entire speaker design from an OEM manufacturer they were using, like the Tang Band thing, right?

Wake up dude. You are being duped into complacency with eD's own excuses. Are you an active member of ICIX by chance?

Not trying to start a **** fit, but knocking off other comapnies for ideas and copying their technology is nothing new. Look at all the japanese car companies that were nothing back in the day. They copied designs and technologies from the germans and americans and make great cars. The main issue with eD is the ****** customer service and copying of technology.

From personal experience I know the CS is good. Always helpful and in no way disrepecful. Although I have not had any problems with their products so I do not know how the company deals with it. But as I said many companies like to bite off each other. Look at pepsi and coke. WTF is the diff between those too hahaha

na_rsx is offline Incriminator Audio FTW

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

good deal, and that price is shipped, also 5 year warranty. whats not to like!

2005 Acura RSX-S

Headunit: JVC KD-AR8500
    Front Stage: Vifa & Mpyre 65M *ACTIVE*
    System Amp: MB Quart DSC4125
    Wiring: Kicker Hyperflex
    Deadening: Edead SE2 and V3

Refs:
    Bought from: mlstrass, archie, brchd, BigOso, bk12321, Ricky 616, IonSQL, SilverSPL, VIPER118, fived, jdiddy, Tacosys, ls2poweredgoat, SethPhillips, DB_DRAG_SPL, bjfish11, XaznKewLguy, Integra2468, Incriminator, bur1196, Goindef154, amartin_72
    Sold to: vitveet, aesoj, DejaWiz, jco1385, Lax916, iowaaurora, Zeuslicious, chrispizzitola, gkatmar, Racerx250, boltpride, zeed, Low_e_Red, xreymax, hrtbrk1, RKPsk8er, Anniku989, bradknob, andrios

na_rsx is offline Incriminator Audio FTW

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did I mention that Im working on uncovering a sinister plot that involves eD funding global terrorism, and an illegal dog fighting ring? Every eD purchase helps terrorists kill babies and little puppies.

You really want that on your conscience?

2005 Acura RSX-S

Headunit: JVC KD-AR8500
    Front Stage: Vifa & Mpyre 65M *ACTIVE*
    System Amp: MB Quart DSC4125
    Wiring: Kicker Hyperflex
    Deadening: Edead SE2 and V3

Refs:
    Bought from: mlstrass, archie, brchd, BigOso, bk12321, Ricky 616, IonSQL, SilverSPL, VIPER118, fived, jdiddy, Tacosys, ls2poweredgoat, SethPhillips, DB_DRAG_SPL, bjfish11, XaznKewLguy, Integra2468, Incriminator, bur1196, Goindef154, amartin_72
    Sold to: vitveet, aesoj, DejaWiz, jco1385, Lax916, iowaaurora, Zeuslicious, chrispizzitola, gkatmar, Racerx250, boltpride, zeed, Low_e_Red, xreymax, hrtbrk1, RKPsk8er, Anniku989, bradknob, andrios

audioholic is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rog2961 View Post
    Not trying to start a **** fit, but knocking off other comapnies for ideas and copying their technology is nothing new. Look at all the japanese car companies that were nothing back in the day. They copied designs and technologies from the germans and americans and make great cars. The main issue with eD is the ****** customer service and copying of technology.

From personal experience I know the CS is good. Always helpful and in no way disrepecful. Although I have not had any problems with their products so I do not know how the company deals with it. But as I said many companies like to bite off each other. Look at pepsi and coke. WTF is the diff between those too hahaha
    Whether its new or not, it shows eD is just a "me too" company with no originality of their own, except in their excuses for being such failures on their own merit.

Elemental Designs was knowingly trying to steal PATENTED technology off the very sub it is supposed designed to surpass in performance. Even looking past the legal ramifications, do you not see a problem with this? It would be like Ford releasing a "Corvette killer" that ends up having a Corvette engine when you pop the hood.

And looking at the legal ramifications... you excuse eD knowingly and willfully trying to STEAL from a competitor, simply because you say the Japanese did it to the Germans in like the 80's? So you are pretty much against the whole 'patent' thing then huh? You haven't thought your argument through very far.

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Ouch.

CarAudio.com mod(original)

rog2961 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whether its new or not, it shows eD is just a "me too" company with no originality of their own, except in their excuses for being such failures on their own merit.

Elemental Designs was knowingly trying to steal PATENTED technology off the very sub it is supposed designed to surpass in performance. Even looking past the legal ramifications, do you not see a problem with this? It would be like Ford releasing a "Corvette killer" that ends up having a Corvette engine when you pop the hood.

And looking at the legal ramifications... you excuse eD knowingly and willfully trying to STEAL from a competitor, simply because you say the Japanese did it to the Germans in like the 80's? So you are pretty much against the whole 'patent' thing then huh? You haven't thought your argument through very far.

Im not excusing them for doing it, I am merely saying that many many companies do this. Take carbon brakes for example I am not sure who came out with it first (ferrari or porsche) but now everyone's got their own version of it. Inventions cause innovations. Improving on something that has already come out. Im not saying it is impossible to create a new product from scratch, but having a product (W7) to base the new(13av.2), off of helps a company a great deal and gives them something to shoot for. Yes I know there are subs out there that are comparable, but everyone's shitting on a company for past problems. Way I see it if your gonna stay hung up on the past your only gonna live in the past. look to the future. I actually just called these guys today to troubleshoot my problem and they very EXTREMELY helpful which was just not the case in previous years. O well, changing peoples opinion on things is next to impossible but further creating misinformation on companies is wrong.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast