Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: anyone ever put an 18(or wall) in a standard cab 2002+ ram?

spencer321 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

anyone ever put an 18(or wall) in a standard cab 2002+ ram?

to make a long story short. the standard cab rams have alot of room considering, 10.25x24x60 external limits(under window line) 6.66ft^3 so after sub, port and bracing, probably 5.5-5.75 I really want to stick an 18 (more specifically an SX, a HD3C, or a BL) and about 1300watts.

I havent been able to find anyone whos done it basically, i've seen extended cabs and crew cabs but no standard cabs. Right now i've got a P1 15 in 4cubes tuned 33hz on 200watts and its incredibly loud for what it is, i just can't imagine what an 18 in 5.5cubes+ off 1300 watts would sound like in SUCH a small cab.

also, kinda tempted to do a wall (figure i could do 2 15s at least) so if anyone has walled a standard cab ram 2002+ love to see that as well just for the temptation factor.

I know its my first post but im not new to this, member on ROE, elite car audio, and DIY car audio... no expert, just not a rookie

audioholic is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Re: anyone ever put an 18(or wall) in a standard cab 2002+ ram?

How would you 'wall' a standard cab?

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

bones22 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    How would you 'wall' a standard cab?
    has got to be shorter than 5'5"
    even then would ****

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i'm not sure what you mean has got to be shorter than 5'5" , from floor to roof is just shy of 4 feet. and correct me if im wrong but i thought a wall was just that a wall, sealed on all sides from top to bottom, side to side subs and ports facing forward.

for instance if i did side to side, top to bottom approx 10.25in deep, i've got almost 12 cubic feet gross, so after port and subs(if i did 2 15's) looking at about 9 cubes for 2 15's, it was just an idea and i wanted to know if anyone had done it.

my main question was about the 18, anyone ever stuck an 18 in a standard cab ram

GAM3OVR is offline Jeka is Back

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spencer321 View Post
    i'm not sure what you mean has got to be shorter than 5'5" , from floor to roof is just shy of 4 feet. and correct me if im wrong but i thought a wall was just that a wall, sealed on all sides from top to bottom, side to side subs and ports facing forward.

for instance if i did side to side, top to bottom approx 10.25in deep, i've got almost 12 cubic feet gross, so after port and subs(if i did 2 15's) looking at about 9 cubes for 2 15's, it was just an idea and i wanted to know if anyone had done it.

my main question was about the 18, anyone ever stuck an 18 in a standard cab ram
    stick 2 mojos in that bish!

REFS:
    Sold to: stevew007, Worstenemy453, HelloImBob, All_Rice, Durney, sixfootman2005, jaes90, d-REW, RidnClean, Pbateman
    Bought from: Lousiana_crx, 96impala, KHARPS, Pjvoc, WhiteIce, Dvcevoblack, Jrgreene1968, Zack39648, Dave_Damage, Freelander, Connersdad19, Slammed, Ali1, TeamSouthrnBass, RXZILLA, oldschool4me, Fusion_FREAK, Simpsonbuck, Acex3a, jaredspl, JEXTEL, jamesw, orangelss, Ridinhi, 01 S 10, jmkanek, luv2shrOOm, braggpawn, sub2weeker, tv559, Alanhall,
    Traded with: Duece212, cleansoundz, kcdc30, got_focus?, 90accordman, BASS_WARRIOR, crazyman03,

Smurfygotmojo=scammer!!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that would be nice i was thinking BL's, SX's or HD3C's

arizona is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

With only 1300 watts I would write off a HD3C or "HD3C'S" as an option.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Id like to see a pic of this regular cab interior that still has enough room behind the seat to allow a wall to be built.

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

correct me if im wrong but i think audioque's webside list the "HD3C" at 1000w rms, and even offers 2 coil options, copper and flat wound aluminum for the people that feel like 1300 watts just isn't enough. And regardless I don't have the amp yet, its just what the plan was, plans change...

heres pics of the interior, you can see what i mean about plenty of room

pics were taken from the drivers , box is 10.25inches deep and the passanger seat is slid all the way back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails anyone ever put an 18(or wall) in a standard cab 2002+ ram?-interior.jpg   anyone ever put an 18(or wall) in a standard cab 2002+ ram?-interior-2.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

heres pics of the interior, you can see what i mean about plenty of room
    Wow no kidding. Ive never seen a regular cab with that much room from the seat to the back wall.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

maybe i was the only one who knew? lol the standard cab rams 2002-2006 are known for having alot of room compared to most standard cabs. Like i said i'd got 4 cubes in the box you see and im not even at the window line yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Ive just never worked on a standard cab 02+ Dodge I guess. Have a buddy with an ex cab 04 or 05, hell it doesn't have much more room than your reg cab. lol

mikey7182 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That IS a lot of room... funny too, because Quad Cab Rams have **** for room compared to other 4 door trucks. My dad just bought an '08 Titan Crew Cab and at 5'10" I can fully extend my legs back there while the front passengers sit comfortably! Trucks have come a long way.

I'd be interested to see what you plan on doing here. I am redoing my blow through to house 2 JBL W12GTis. Should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by alex6999 View Post
    ...and speaker should take all power that i give to him...

maybe you know models of speaker special for jackasses? 500 rms and 100 db sens?

PayPal- email is [email protected]

ebay id is mikeg7182 - 100% positive feedback (50+)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

haha, i know for a fact i have the room for a single 18, im just wanting to know if anyones done it, or if it really is that stupid to put an 18 in a standard cab. and i was curious about the wall for obvious reasons... theres plenty of room to do it, so why not lol

rumblebee2 is offline I'm Higher Than You

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i have an '05 reg. cab ram. how is your box not slanted and fitting back there? i have a slanted box for my rl-p 15 and it's kinda tight.

refs:blkmrideon22s,skrilla22,eatank,ampjunkielikem e,werd,snoopysnooper,team3d, 350zspl, finkster

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383386

'05 Reg. Cab 1500
    H.U.- pioneer deh-6800mp
    Sub Amp- saz-1500d
    Sub- tc3k 12" Quad 1.4ohm
    Front Stage- pioneer garbage
    Front Amp-
    Wires- Knu Flex 1/0
    Rca's- Knu Krystal
    Fuse holder- kicker

Closed Thread