Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Are there any trusted online car audio retailers?

bigdog64 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are there any trusted online car audio retailers?

Does any body know how these online car audio dealers are able to sell stuff at 25-60 percent off regular price. Seems shady to me. I asked a professional certified installer at a high end audio store and he told me that all of that stuff is refurbished. To me buying refurbished is asking for trouble although I have not actually purchased anything from one of those sites yet. I'd like to know whether or not they are all selling refurbished stuff as new and I'd also like to know if buying refurbished is okay. I mean is there such thing as a quality refurb?

99grandprixGT is offline now got an 04 grand prix

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Are there any trusted online car audio retailers?

i mean if you think about it they can sell cheaper than a store because they have less over head not many works and bills and **** like that. also look on ebay many auctions will specifically state not refurbished or some thing like that. also if you ask someone who wants to sell you stuff they obviously are going to tell you something to make a sale.

refs:
    wong05tsx, Buckyboy, Themommyvan, Team H&K, natisfynest(x2), Eat Italian,NewAgeKing, skierxx5556, wgsj_fortvalley, MmatsDude, bigpimpin91 ,wasted ink, JLbumpin04gp,itsbmw(x2),ltr450racer690, speedfreak28,jshak07,xplayazplayzonx,mcsoul, SPL-Master ,TNTR70, bumpin buick, vitveet, gqjeff, pioneer pimp ,bones22, nismos14, revrider1,bigbirney420,nineball,DBDRAGGUY ,plyer3,slam330, BeAlLsTaR13, smllysack,Andrew_as. dkhage1,boxdGM, blue200sx,rusty_armadillo, beatnbronco, basscort2009,xxxbasshead,SSS 18734,mcquesten

feedback

wu501 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 99grandprixGT View Post
    i mean if you think about it they can sell cheaper than a store because they have less over head not many works and bills and **** like that. also look on ebay many auctions will specifically state not refurbished or some thing like that. also if you ask someone who wants to sell you stuff they obviously are going to tell you something to make a sale.
    couldn't have said it better myself. Plus alot of these online stores or ebay places buy in huge amounts so they have a lower cost to begin with. Between that and very little overhead they can afford to give you much better prices.

BushJ311 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wu501 View Post
    couldn't have said it better myself. Plus alot of these online stores or ebay places buy in huge amounts so they have a lower cost to begin with. Between that and very little overhead they can afford to give you much better prices.
    I agree. they buy in bulk and prob have cheaper prices before that too.
    I bet they still are making a good profit.

Dodge Magnum - (2) NS 10s - 3kwp
    85 Iroc Camaro - 425 hp sbc

Platinumxpimp is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

also, many of these online sellers are not forced to sell at msrp. they can do whatever they want.thus, pissing off retail stores

REFS: ZeroGuage, blaze383, 310w6, wptightend, deano17, awpsome

FoxPro5 is offline Causal wanderer

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Crutchfield

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BushJ311 View Post
    I agree. they buy in bulk and prob have cheaper prices before that too.
    I bet they still are making a good profit.
    ya defiantly or else they would not be doing it.

refs:
    wong05tsx, Buckyboy, Themommyvan, Team H&K, natisfynest(x2), Eat Italian,NewAgeKing, skierxx5556, wgsj_fortvalley, MmatsDude, bigpimpin91 ,wasted ink, JLbumpin04gp,itsbmw(x2),ltr450racer690, speedfreak28,jshak07,xplayazplayzonx,mcsoul, SPL-Master ,TNTR70, bumpin buick, vitveet, gqjeff, pioneer pimp ,bones22, nismos14, revrider1,bigbirney420,nineball,DBDRAGGUY ,plyer3,slam330, BeAlLsTaR13, smllysack,Andrew_as. dkhage1,boxdGM, blue200sx,rusty_armadillo, beatnbronco, basscort2009,xxxbasshead,SSS 18734,mcquesten

feedback

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxPro5 View Post
    Crutchfield
    ya but there price is almost always more expensive than other places.

refs:

feedback

FoxPro5 is offline Causal wanderer

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 99grandprixGT View Post
    ya but there price is almost always more expensive than other places.
    Yea, well you said "trusted." Crutch's customer service is unbelievable. You have 30 days to try anything you want and return it, no questions asked. They even pay for shipping. They always offer some type of discount coupon code program. Search online for them. Plus if you have a refer a friend code, you get like $20 off you first purchase over $200? It's been awhile, so sorry if that's changed.

These other internet companies are probably nothing more than a garage in east LA somewhere, scraping SN's and shipping internet orders all over the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxPro5 View Post
    Yea, well you said "trusted."
    well the OP said trusted. lol. but ya i hear ya man. you gotta watch where you buy from these days. seems like anyone can make a site and try to sell you something.

refs:

feedback

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesemind View Post
    Either way, I've ordered from just about every big name (audiosavings, onlinecarstereo, etc, etc) and have NEVER had a problem with any of the products. And they do list certain items as refurbs and certain ones as new. If they were scamming, why list any as refurbs at all, if they were really all refurbs? I'm guessing they are getting the items at near dealer cost, and can therefore sell for just above dealer cost. Rather than making 100% markup and selling 1 amp a day, they make 30-50$ a sale, and sell 30 a day.

Pretty smart to me. Until I start having problems with the gear I buy from them, I will continue to buy from them, and why not? Half the **** I have bought locally has not been of any better quality, and has been over twice the price most of the time..
    exactly, i mean there nothing wrong with buying off them just do some research. if on ebay ready there feed back and ****. it tells you allot. sometimes you even find someone who bought what you are buying and then it will give you somewhat confirmation that your getting what you paid for. when i was looking for amps i came across allot of amps and was willing to pay the 20 dollars more from some sites that look legit compared to the ones that don't even have the pictures or specs of the amp listed, just the price and model number.

refs:

feedback

dirtbagz89 is offline dirtyTHIRTY

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

SonicElectronix is probably the best one I've seen.

Bought a new JVC head unit that had a closeout special price of $150 (list price was $450).

Looked on Crutchfield where it says they buy your stuff for store credit and it said I could get $162 store credit for it used & in excellent condition. :p

Sold to: 2003BlackShark

My Ebay: http://myworld.ebay.com/dirtbagz89

Closed Thread