Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Car stereo display and buttons stay lit up when ignition is off

majic723 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Car stereo display and buttons stay lit up when ignition is off

Hi all, i have a problem that just started yesterday. My car stereo display and buttons just started staying lit up even when car is shut off. This is a stereo that i installed myself about 6 months ago and is wired correctly and worked just fine up until yesterday. When i shut off the car before yesterday the stereo would also shut off, now when i shut off the car the sound shuts off or if a cd is playing it will quit playing but the display will stay on. No sound will stay on, just the display. I cannot control anything and nothing plays. It's like it just freezes where it's at because the clock will not change either. The 1.8" lcd display just stays lit unless i remove the faceplate otherwise it just stays lit 24/7. I'm just not sure what it could be. Any suggestions?

jdawg is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Car stereo display and buttons stay lit up when ignition is off

crappy stereo?

refs
    woc47, nigro013, defconx3, louisiana_crx, bld 25, supa_c, lancer1978, sxkicker89, 310w6, more, i forget

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Strange, at first thought maybe you had some wires switched around, but to have it stay on knowing the wires are right, then got me. Might be something is going on with your light board. Do all the lights stay on the deck, or just the LCD screen?

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

azbass is offline the salty ca.com mod

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ghosts?

majic723 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All the lights stay on. It's just something that i've never heard of happening before. I know that if you switch the constant and switched power wires then the stereo stays on but that is not the case here. Maybe something internally is going wrong with the receiver.

Closed Thread