Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Online ditributors?

gettnbig is offline Well on my way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Online ditributors?

Ok,
    I was just visiting the JL website. I was browsing and came across a link that said "internet sales". I clicked it out of interest. Anyway, it went on to say that JL does not support internet sales and that no matter what the website may claim JL doesn't warranty any products purchased online. And then they explained the reasoning (mainly because internet sellers can't provide ample support).

So with that being said can someone clear up the subject of how these online stores work? I mean I know not all maufacturers have the same policy as JL but I imagine many do. So then how do these stores manage to purchase JL (or anyother mfg'ers who have the same policy) product and offer them at a reduced price?

I would like some serious feed back on this from anyone who knows the in's and out's of the business. I was planning to move over seas with this as one of my business idea's to pursue in Europe.
    Thanks.

Gauntlet is offline bulletproof

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There are many more companies that give the OK to online retailers than those that don't. But when a site sells a product like JL, where there is no authorized internet sales, often the owner is an authorized dealer, but they will scratch the serial number off and sell it online to move more units.

"The world is full of people who want nothing short of perfect,
    but settle for less, blinded by their quest for purpose."
    - Slug

gettnbig is offline Well on my way.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I also noticed many of these companies had a fairly long lead time. Usually 2-3 weeks. Why is this? Do they not stock the product? Just order it when they have a sale?

Terminator is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thats why there arnt many online stores that carry JL. yes alot of stores will order the product when you order from them. most online stores have their own warranty. i know ikesound has a one year warranty.

*'95 Del Sol VTEC
    -To do List:-
    HU- Alpine CDA-9813 - Installed
    Front- Alpine Type-R 6.5" - Pending
    Rear- Alpine Type-R 6.5" - Pending
    Sub- 12" Rockford HX2 - Installed
    Amp- Rockford 301M or 501BD - Pending
    Wireing- Stinger 4 AWG - Intalled

paikiah is offline Wangaholic

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Online ditributors?

Originally posted by gettnbig
    Ok,
    I was just visiting the JL website. I was browsing and came across a link that said "internet sales". I clicked it out of interest. Anyway, it went on to say that JL does not support internet sales and that no matter what the website may claim JL doesn't warranty any products purchased online. And then they explained the reasoning (mainly because internet sellers can't provide ample support).

So with that being said can someone clear up the subject of how these online stores work? I mean I know not all maufacturers have the same policy as JL but I imagine many do. So then how do these stores manage to purchase JL (or anyother mfg'ers who have the same policy) product and offer them at a reduced price?

I would like some serious feed back on this from anyone who knows the in's and out's of the business. I was planning to move over seas with this as one of my business idea's to pursue in Europe.
    Thanks.
    I don't know if you can consider it as unauthorized sales, but if you were to run a business, such as ikesound.com, you should be ready to provide YOUR own warranty, as I don't think the wholesale houses will allow their warranty to be transferred to a third party.

Then it's gotta be you who'll take the defected product and get it fixed by your own money for the first year or whatever length of warranty you provide.

Team Caraudio

Sony C90, 210 EQ
    Seas 27TDF/C, RE XXX 6.5, custom xo (dyn 240GT sitting idle)
    RF 60.2 amp
    eD A15.22
    Soundstream picasso 1400.1D

Bass drive-by's are uncool.

Closed Thread