Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Finishing up a setup, need some advice

I have a QX56 and so far I have installed an audiocontrol lc6i which I am using as a connecting piece so that I can keep all the factory oem navigation stuff intact. Anyway, Ive got running a 1 15 RE XXX on a Mmats 3500.1 which sounds terrific. Today I got my hands on a great deal for a DLS Iridium component set, its the 6.3 set with the 6.5 midbass, 3 mid, 1 tweet combo.

Anyway I have a few questions about my component setup. One being, with this being a 3 way set, what are my options first for a nice clean install and second for a good image. Obviously if Im going to buy DLS, I want it to sound like DLS. I have 6X9 Bose speakers in the doors which will obviously be replaced by the 6.5 mids. With that type of space(6X9), is it possible to get the midrange in there too and if so would it sound good?

There is a dash spot where some tweets have been installed by Infiniti and either way, I'll disconnect them so I dont mess up any imaging but should I put the DLS tweets in this spot or should I find a better place somewhere along the corner of the door panels? Obviously you want your mids and tweets close together so Im thinking the idea of putting them in a factory location is not the best of ideas. I know another option is A pillar pods for the midrange and tweet but I'd prefer something a little cleaner and I sure dont want to go with q form kick panels because the universal ones **** and the imaging gets ruined when someone puts their foot in front of the speakers.

What would you guys do?

troy_audi0 is offline Top 100 Installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Finishing up a setup, need some advice

pic of the doors..

www.Hybrid-audio.com
    Kenwood Nav
    Hybrid Audio L1 Pro SE, L3, L2x, L6
    Arc10 Ported
    Arc Audio 4200SE (Front Stage 110x4)
    Arc Audio 2150SE (Sub)

khmer_rouge is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by troy_audi0 View Post
    pic of the doors..
    Im assuming you probably need a picture with the door panels taken off but I havent gotten that far yet. Here is what the doors do look like from the outside. I also included a picture of the A pillars with the pod idea in mind and you can see the factory tweeters in the dash as well.

khmer_rouge is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

bump

anyone with any advice on how I should set up these components. Im willing to listen to any ideas because I do want them to sound great.

also, was going to get a zapco dc reference amp but not really sure which one I should get. Any suggestions on that would work as well. These components are 100w rms but Im not really sure which amp would be best for them.

Closed Thread

User Tag List