Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Getting first system, need help

I finally decided to get my first system, my good friend showed me how to do all the wiring and he said he would help, Now I know Im a "Newb" and youve heard all this before but if you would be willing to help me out, i'd be greatly apprecative, Cause i got a few questions, Ok I know about RMS and how you dont want to overload your speakers and such, but anyways let me get straight to the Point, I drive and Old 84 BMW 318i it's a classic i know but is in great condition and is really nice and I plan on putting a decent system in the back, all i want is some Subwoofers cause my Stereo's up front are fine and ive got a Kenwood cdplayer, it's the one with the removable faceplate, umm i think it's a KDC-222 but anyways I really really really dont want to go over 300$ for an Amp and like one decent speaker cause I dont want to Shake the ground and waker up the neighborhood or enter any competitions, I just want to be able to enjoy some good thumpings and some good Bass for my car, I mean i want the car to shake but just anough for me to feel it vibrate but i also want it to sound good too, So with 300$ can I do that? I may be willing to go over 300$ but not by more than 50 but i'd rather stay within the 300$ range and that's just for Speakers and and Amp not wiring and Enclosures. So could you help me out here, I was looking at some pioneer 12'' and they looked pretty cheap as in price and pioneer is supposed to be good ive heard, well any suggestion would help, give me a setup that wil run decent for 300$ if thats possible

thanks a bundle

violator5spd is offline Post Wh0re Hunter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure how much room you have, or how much you're willing to use...but you could get a JBL 300.1 amp for around $150 shipped, and maybe a Kicker Solobaric L5 10" for around $130 shipped. If you put the sub in a ported box and give it around 3^ft. and tune it right, it should sound pretty good.

- John (AIM - ViolatorJF)

2000 Dodge Neon

DEH-P9300, JBL BP600.1, eD15A.22 in 2.5^3ft sealed

Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    hey man nice to see another bimmer on board...u could get a 15" Type R with a JBL 300.1 that should run u under 300 bucks. 300 bucks is a kinda a tight budget with a little more money u could get much more. check out thezeb.com etronics.com ikesound.com.

Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)

Bmw123 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks

thanks yall, any other suggestions, I know 300$ is kinda tight but ya know i dont want to spend to much on this. And I thought kickers ******? thats what ive heard, maybe im just hearing this though, but anyways thanks for the help,

Bmw123 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

one more question

yeah as far as getting amps whats a good decent cheaply priced one, and how how exactly do you 'Bridge" a 2 channel amp.?

I saw a pioneer amp are those good? per se if I got a pioneer or infinity 12'' Sub?

Cooldood04 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey bmw123 I know what position ur in. I also want a descent system, but only am able to spend about $300. I have been looking on the web and I found this website. You should take a look at it.

www.audio-warehouse.com

Robbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Go with A Rockford 150s amp and a pair of Xplods 12's(The 900 watt 2002 12's).
    It will sound great. Bridge them though because that is a must. That would be exactly $300 and worth it. I had this setup in an '83 BMW and it hit at about a good 135 db. Very loud and very clean bass for a low low price. Just face the speakers to the very back and bridge that small RF amp and you will be amazed! I was! That small *** 150s RF amp gave out some clean bass and there was much clarity to be had. A step up would be the 500bd but it'll run you about 400 or 500 bucks and you could blow the trunk off but I doubt it.

grizzjwill is offline Beatin down the block

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: thanks

Originally posted by Bmw123
    thanks yall, any other suggestions, I know 300$ is kinda tight but ya know i dont want to spend to much on this. And I thought kickers ******? thats what ive heard, maybe im just hearing this though, but anyways thanks for the help,
    I dont know who told you kicker ***** but slap them for me and they are not the top in sq but they get very loud and they sound preety good if you have the money to get a kicker l7 then that is a great sub but that is gonna be out of your price range and dont get the sonys and also that website that guy gave you is not the cheapest so check www.ikesound.com.

h/u-Kenwood exceleon kdc-x591
    6x8-kenwoods
    6x9-kenwoods
    sub-15" AQ Hd3
    box-5.2cu @ 34hz
    amp-Cadence zrs-8
    Wiring-knukonceptz 1/0 gauge
    electrical-Big 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    DO NOT get a pioneer amp. You could go with a pair of the 400 watt pioneer 12's for $120 but they sound like garbage and don't hit the low frequencies like the Xplods. Just get a Rockford amp(The 150s 2 channel amp).Thats all you need. Make sure you bridge that sucker though or the Xplods won't be hitting very hard. Pioneer amps are good but not the low priced ones for $175. Just go with the $150 Rockford!

Aurorav8 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nickfireblazer
    DO NOT get a pioneer amp. You could go with a pair of the 400 watt pioneer 12's for $120 but they sound like garbage and don't hit the low frequencies like the Xplods. Just get a Rockford amp(The 150s 2 channel amp).Thats all you need. Make sure you bridge that sucker though or the Xplods won't be hitting very hard. Pioneer amps are good but not the low priced ones for $175. Just go with the $150 Rockford!
    Did anyone tell you Xplods **** in every aspect of car audio?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I thought Xplods ****** too but obviously you havent heard them. Thats what I had first and they sounded great. If not Xplods atleast Rockford HE's or JL Wo's.

Aurorav8 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nickfireblazer
    I thought Xplods ****** too but obviously you havent heard them. Thats what I had first and they sounded great. If not Xplods atleast Rockford HE's or JL Wo's.
    I've heard the Xplods, unfortunately! There's more out on the market than what you see at best buy or in crutchfield.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah there are too many affordable subs on the market. Below the $200 range a pair of great subs can be had: Lets see...JL WO's, Punch HE's, Xplods(its been established people either hate them or love em), Lightning Audio 12's, Alpine Type E's(but the Type S and R's are killing 'em), and maybe pioneers but I heard 4 of the 12's in a SUV and the sounded like garbage. F*** it... just go out and get a one W7 cause its all you need or 2 if you want complete overkill. Just find the proper enclosure and you will need plenty of power and preferably one mono amp per sub considering the absolutley must be in separate enclosures. Thats if you have about $3000 though, not $300.

thagr8one2110 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have you guys heard of rockford fosgate xlc's? I uses to have some,thier cheap and they hit really good.

mgaidica is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wow. someone needs to go to a couple real shops if they think xplods are the mac dizzle izzle.. (snoop dogg show was one earlier, how stupid is that)

anyway...

BMW, look around the forum, hang out for a while, use the search button and search stupid crap, ull most likely find out what subs you should look at and consider. As for recomendations ide say the eD K's, right off the top of my head.. cheap and awsome.. I dont think u can beat them unles u go used.. pioneers arnt bad either and can be found for some good prices on ebay every now and then.. they WILL GET LOW, just as low as other mid-line drivers.. lets base our decisions off multiple installs and enviroments, instead of just saying "this kicker *****" when it was put in a .2 cu ft box, of course its gonna ****.. all in the install.

2x JBL 1200.1 for sale...

AIM- Mgaidica

Closed Thread

User Tag List