Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Crossfire Sub Review

MA_Boomin' is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Crossfire Sub Review

I was able to hear and test two new subs from Crossfire last night and was rather impressed for a low to mid end sub. Their amps have been selling very well around here and absolutely no complaints or returns. Seen two benched at well over their ratings and were quite efficient as well. Store is still awaiting their higher end sub the XT series which handles 1300w RMS. The two series we tested were the CF3 (Low End) and the db3 (Mid End). (Two 12" Subs) Both were placed in standard ported enclosures by Sub Zone and placed in a Honda Accord. Both are Dual 4 Ohm VC, and are rated at 275w and 350w respectively. I feel Crossfire is a bit low in their ratings with what I have seen so far. Test CD Used was one supplied by Boston Acoustics, which has both SPL and SQ demo songs. Power was supplied by a Crossfire VR900 amp. The CF3 series were first and for what they are - low end subs - I was quite impressed with both SQ and SPL. Now lets be realistic and keep in mind the store is planning on selling them for about $65 a piece, so granted how much can you get out of a $65 dollar sub? But for those that don't have much money and are looking into the Lanzar, Boss, Power Acoustik type of things, these were much crisper and cleaner than anything I have heard out of those companies. The db3 series were next and I was even more impressed with these. They handled every note in both SQ and SPL applications and the subs would not bottom out even at peak volumes they handled it well. Again for a mid end sub these performed very nicely. My overall impressions on both subs have left me dying to hear their high end sub now. I have heard very similar set ups with Pioneer's, mid line Kickers, Kenwoods, etc. and these by far outperformed those in every capacity. Yes they are better subs out there, but for the money these will be hard to beat. Actually the Pioneer rep was in the store when the testing was going on, and he was quite impressed as well. Probably not too happy though, as the store owner will probably push people more towards these now than Pioneer. For more info about these subs you can check them out on their web page @ http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com
    (And keep in mind I am not an employee of crossfire and am not trying to push this product for any reason. Just thought for those on tighter budgets this is yet another sub to look at, and better than most in that Category I have personally heard)

Kenwood MP8017 CD/MP3
    Cadence CEQ 770 Eq/Crossover
    Audio Control Epicenter
    Cadence Q4000
    Crystal Csx5.25 Mid/High Separates (front)
    JL Audio XR650-CXI (rear)
    Hi Fonics BX1500D Power Amp
    (1) MA Audio 12SY Synergy Series (3.05 cu. feet vented enclosure)
    All Stinger & C. Cable Wiring, 175 amp alternator

"I'm going deaf just fine thanks!"

kingpin_jeffie is offline i need a vacation...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    $65 for crossfires?

if they sound as good as you say they do itd almost be worth it to fill an old van with em.

HMM........

Eclipse 8445|Alpine Type X 137r|Diamond D5 300.2/1200.1|ID 10v.3|

Refs: KARLEON, sephiroth619, SiX, Showrides, angrytrucker78, davidfre21, Relax, Slammed

He who laughs last is usually the slowest...

JaJay721 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am currently a fan of crossfire audio it's nice to read a good review. You don't hear much about them anymore.

paikiah is offline Wangaholic

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by JaJay721
    I am currently a fan of crossfire audio it's nice to read a good review. You don't hear much about them anymore.
    They're still alive and kicking well here... it's the underdogs to the zapco/treo duo...

Team Caraudio

Sony C90, 210 EQ
    Seas 27TDF/C, RE XXX 6.5, custom xo (dyn 240GT sitting idle)
    RF 60.2 amp
    eD A15.22
    Soundstream picasso 1400.1D

Bass drive-by's are uncool.

kingpin_jeffie is offline i need a vacation...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Theyve got some great stuff

Im a big fan of their older CFA line

tons of ****in power!

Eclipse 8445|Alpine Type X 137r|Diamond D5 300.2/1200.1|ID 10v.3|

Refs: KARLEON, sephiroth619, SiX, Showrides, angrytrucker78, davidfre21, Relax, Slammed

He who laughs last is usually the slowest...

Closed Thread