Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Reload Thread: My 2 15" hdc3 alum are blown after 3 hours of use!

Aroc is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: My 2 15" hdc3 alum are blown after 3 hours of use!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyB View Post
    Gimmie a sixer of Corona or LandSharks and we'll call it good!

But yeah, let me know when you talk with DJ and we'll figure out a day that you can come out. Ive got lots of free time for about the next two weeks. Then classes start again on the 27th
    Wow props to mikey for helping out on short notice, get him a damm 12 pack!!! ahaha just give it to him after the recone is DONE

/\/\/\***00 Eclipse***/\/\/\

Audio

Sub - 15" HDC3
    Sub Amp - Merlin MD3D
    Front Stage - Hifonics ZXi 6.5C 6.5"
    Mids- Hifonics ZXi 693 6x9"
    Speaker Amp - Kicker 350.4
    Box - 3.5 Cubes net
    Electrical - 0/1 Awg all threw, EA 180 Amp Alt, Big 3, Kinetic 800 upfront.

MikeyB is offline CarAudio.com Addict

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    AQ recones come with plastic shims. Only hard part is getting the old glue off. Metal chisel/scraper, hammer, razor blade, and brake cleaner will do. Once its mostly off use a Dremel or whatever with a sanding wheel to get it down to bare metal.

Actual recone process is quite easy. DJ can walk you through the steps if you can't find someone to help.

I did my first recones a few weeks ago on 2 HDC's. Bought them blown for a good price. I run copper coils with 3k per sub. I've done 10-15 minute demo's at full tilt with no issues. Give em a clean signal and they'll pretty much live forever on 2k.

I burped at 31Hz which is 7Hz below box tuning and at 4.5k per sub I might have hurt one as it made a bad flapping sound. I think one pair of amps went into protect, so a single 15" in 8.5cubes is NOT good. But it's been playing fine ever since, so the recone is still sitting in the box.
    Sweet, thats good to know See, just like I said, you learn something new everyday

Refs- hessdawg, Pepsifiend69, iltoivfe, ownage9, lifted95blaze, Buckshot, da box king, Po.Sic, baseballer1100, vetkilr, dkguitarist, Queball, qtipextra, LaserRed38, 350_regal, RidnClean, BushJ311 and a bunch more...

da box king is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gimmie a sixer of Corona or LandSharks and we'll call it good!

But yeah, let me know when you talk with DJ and we'll figure out a day that you can come out. Ive got lots of free time for about the next two weeks. Then classes start again on the 27th
    you've got it man....wtf is landsharks.lol...may have to try em too

lookin forward to it tho, will be ordering recones tomorrow. My school starts Sep 2nd, and I have so much to get done before then

DBDRAGGUY is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BTW check your amp. I had an amp send dc voltage to the output and fried my Brahma. Weird thing is the amp seemed fine at first (no protection light or power failure) until i measured it on a resistive load and it was throwing dc .

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:ME:UFS
    Dealt with:Worlddre,KeifersRacing,Crxbmpn,76Nova,Foote,F astimes,Bad @ss Chevy,themommyvan,22mountaineer,Tacosys.Fiercetimb o17,RAB, djman37,dtbrown,Louisana CRX,Tricked,Tinted,dcmcki,99grandprixGT,FLOSSINON2 4S

BAD EXPERIENCE WITH bigredhybrid AKA JIM BECKER

91 Honda Crx. Street C 155.7 db
    Usaci Stock 1800-3000 158.0 db
    Usaci Stock 601-1800 154.9 db
    Usaci Super Port Wars 174.1 db

Real Old School >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38_MwcGDNhQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aroc View Post
    Wow props to mikey for helping out on short notice, get him a damm 12 pack!!! ahaha just give it to him after the recone is DONE
    Hey come on now, I work best after I get a few in me

Refs- hessdawg, Pepsifiend69, iltoivfe, ownage9, lifted95blaze, Buckshot, da box king, Po.Sic, baseballer1100, vetkilr, dkguitarist, Queball, qtipextra, LaserRed38, 350_regal, RidnClean, BushJ311 and a bunch more...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey come on now, I work best after I get a few in me
    haha...well I will sit back and drink a few for ya, while I make sure you do it right

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DBDRAGGUY View Post
    BTW check your amp. I had an amp send dc voltage to the output and fried my Brahma. Weird thing is the amp seemed fine at first (no protection light or power failure) until i measured it on a resistive load and it was throwing dc .
    My crossfire has a bn board so it better not be doin that. I will check it will my dmm tho

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by da box king View Post
    you've got it man....wtf is landsharks.lol...may have to try em too

lookin forward to it tho, will be ordering recones tomorrow. My school starts Sep 2nd, and I have so much to get done before then
    Ahhh tis a nice beach style beer, just like Corona. Ive only recently seen them around, first time I got one actually was at a bar around here that had them on special for like 2 bucks.

I hear ya on the school crap. I have to pay half my tuition by friday, which is like 4500 bucks and I still need all my books and stuff. Not to mention, I have a shift kit to put in the trans on my cougar, paint the rockers on that, and fix a weld on the exhaust. Not to mention I need to build this XXX, make a box for it, wire in my new front stage amp and 3 new sets of RCA's, and then I get to mess with all the active features in my 9887

Oh why does summer have to come to an end I almost wish I was taking a semester off.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh yeah and just because I can say it....I like my PPI pc4400 better than my sax100.4 too....sounds cleaner and than the sax....god I love ol school powaaaa

...it was just on my mind..sorry

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

haha...well I will sit back and drink a few for ya, while I make sure you do it right
    Naaa save em for when its done . Too bad we wont be able to fire em up right away.

Ford302Redneck is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aroc View Post
    89.4V <-- you can use the DMM to tune the amp with it, thats what it can do.
    Once tuned to this signal your sending a clean 4000 @ 2ohms 2000rms a piece to the subs.... (an oscope would be even better as you could see the actual signal)

Why would this hurt coils?
    Those coils alu or copper can handle that thermal power......
    Dmm's are trash when setting up amps. There worst than guessing IMO.

oscope is the only way to go when trying to figure if its clipping or not period.

And those coils can't take 2k for long.

Im not saying, that they can't take it, for short listening terms, but when they start smelling and he keeps playing=blown coil. PERIOD!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ahhh tis a nice beach style beer, just like Corona. Ive only recently seen them around, first time I got one actually was at a bar around here that had them on special for like 2 bucks.

I hear ya on the school crap. I have to pay half my tuition by friday, which is like 4500 bucks and I still need all my books and stuff. Not to mention, I have a shift kit to put in the trans on my cougar, paint the rockers on that, and fix a weld on the exhaust. Not to mention I need to build this XXX, make a box for it, wire in my new front stage amp and 3 new sets of RCA's, and then I get to mess with all the active features in my 9887

Oh why does summer have to come to an end I almost wish I was taking a semester off.
    holy ish man...I hear ya there. If ya need some help with the box lmk, I got a program that works very nice.
    GL with all yur ish tho, ****...I'll help ya if I can while I'm down there.

I was goin to go active too, but wow sounds like a lot of work, and too much tuning for me, maybe later tho

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Naaa save em for when its done . Too bad we wont be able to fire em up right away.
    yeah almost makes me want to get hotel room so we can hook them up the next day....goin to be sooooo tempting

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

holy ish man...I hear ya there. If ya need some help with the box lmk, I got a program that works very nice.
    GL with all yur ish tho, ****...I'll help ya if I can while I'm down there.

I was goin to go active too, but wow sounds like a lot of work, and too much tuning for me, maybe later tho
    Yeah I guess I should probably get off my *** and start getting **** done. Ive been enjoying my time off

Im very excited to get this active setup together finally. Ive never had the opportunity to play with it before.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I guess I should probably get off my *** and start getting **** done. Ive been enjoying my time off

Im very excited to get this active setup together finally. Ive never had the opportunity to play with it before.
    a little relaxing time never hurt anyone....esp when there's beer

gl with the active tho, hopefully I get to hear yur setip when down there

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast