Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 112

Reload Thread: My 2 15" hdc3 alum are blown after 3 hours of use!

  1. #46
    dcole18's Avatar
    dcole18 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    knoxville/the Burro, TN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My 2 15" hdc3 alum are blown after 3 hours of use!

    Quote Originally Posted by da box king View Post
    yes they are rated at 2 ohms...I had them wired to 2 ohm...hence dual 2 ohms subs...but the crossfire is sweet so far, rated at 12 volts.
    he's saying your 4000d is rated for 4k rms @ 2 ohms, so you were prolly sending those subs a pretty strong clipped signal







  2. #47
    da box king's Avatar
    da box king is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portland, MI
    Posts
    4,685
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My 2 15" hdc3 alum are blown after 3 hours of use!

    Quote Originally Posted by dcole18 View Post
    id do it for $30 each (labor)
    come to michigan than, and you got a deal. I got the beer.




  3. #48
    dcole18's Avatar
    dcole18 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    knoxville/the Burro, TN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My 2 15" hdc3 alum are blown after 3 hours of use!

    Quote Originally Posted by da box king View Post
    come to michigan than, and you got a deal. I got the beer.
    ship them to TN




  4. #49
    da box king's Avatar
    da box king is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portland, MI
    Posts
    4,685
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My 2 15" hdc3 alum are blown after 3 hours of use!

    Quote Originally Posted by dcole18 View Post
    he's saying your 4000d is rated for 4k rms @ 2 ohms, so you were prolly sending those subs a pretty strong clipped signal
    oh yeah I gotcha...I'm sure it was clipping like ****...but really I couldn't hear it..my friend even had his head right near the sub




  5. #50
    dcole18's Avatar
    dcole18 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    knoxville/the Burro, TN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My 2 15" hdc3 alum are blown after 3 hours of use!

    meh, live and learn...




  6. #51
    da box king's Avatar
    da box king is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portland, MI
    Posts
    4,685
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My 2 15" hdc3 alum are blown after 3 hours of use!

    Quote Originally Posted by dcole18 View Post
    ship them to TN
    could do that....would you be able to clean them, I aint got a grinder and **** to get the glue off.

    ..a buddy is asking this dude that competes in Jackson, Mi, if he does recones too. Hopefully I can get reconed soon..




  7. #52
    da box king's Avatar
    da box king is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portland, MI
    Posts
    4,685
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My 2 15" hdc3 alum are blown after 3 hours of use!

    Quote Originally Posted by dcole18 View Post
    meh, live and learn...
    thats about how I'm thinkin about it

    btw...I loved my 3hp eclipse ti




  8. #53
    dcole18's Avatar
    dcole18 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    knoxville/the Burro, TN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My 2 15" hdc3 alum are blown after 3 hours of use!

    Quote Originally Posted by da box king View Post
    could do that....would you be able to clean them, I aint got a grinder and **** to get the glue off.

    ..a buddy is asking this dude that competes in Jackson, Mi, if he does recones too. Hopefully I can get reconed soon..
    ill clean/recone them for $35 (labor)... shipping would be to nashville TN




  9. #54
    da box king's Avatar
    da box king is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portland, MI
    Posts
    4,685
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My 2 15" hdc3 alum are blown after 3 hours of use!

    Quote Originally Posted by dcole18 View Post
    ill clean/recone them for $35 (labor)... shipping would be to nashville TN
    I will pm you in a sec




  10. #55
    dcole18's Avatar
    dcole18 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    knoxville/the Burro, TN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My 2 15" hdc3 alum are blown after 3 hours of use!

    Quote Originally Posted by da box king View Post
    I will pm you in a sec
    k....




  11. #56
    MikeyB's Avatar
    MikeyB is offline CarAudio.com Addict



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    H-Town, MI
    Posts
    7,727
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My 2 15" hdc3 alum are blown after 3 hours of use!

    Quote Originally Posted by themommyvan View Post
    PM MikeyB he did his BTL and plans on doing his XXX


    Hey I talked to Carlton, he said a tinsel came off the terminal but you guys were able to solder it back on. I hope he doesnt have any more issues.

    Thats weird that it would take until now for that to happen, I wanged on that sucker for a while.

    Quote Originally Posted by da box king View Post
    thank you sir

    any idea on how much individuals may charge for recones?
    BRING THE BEER!!!





    Refs- hessdawg, Pepsifiend69, iltoivfe, ownage9, lifted95blaze, Buckshot, da box king, Po.Sic, baseballer1100, vetkilr, dkguitarist, Queball, qtipextra, LaserRed38, 350_regal, RidnClean, BushJ311 and a bunch more...

  12. #57
    themommyvan's Avatar
    themommyvan is offline Special Olympics winner



    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Belleville,MI
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,504
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My 2 15" hdc3 alum are blown after 3 hours of use!

    Quote Originally Posted by da box king View Post
    could do that....would you be able to clean them, I aint got a grinder and **** to get the glue off.

    ..a buddy is asking this dude that competes in Jackson, Mi, if he does recones too. Hopefully I can get reconed soon..
    I dont think Jeremy Keith does recones.

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyB View Post


    Hey I talked to Carlton, he said a tinsel came off the terminal but you guys were able to solder it back on. I hope he doesnt have any more issues.

    Thats weird that it would take until now for that to happen, I wanged on that sucker for a while.





    BRING THE BEER!!!


    Yea you might have to fix better I only have a small iron.

    Let me know when this happens I want to watch. I'll bring the pizza.



    refs: silver02alty,gordos420,hc3_cuz,bad @SS chevy ,Wkbdkid,Kingdell91,Lax916,Viveet,hoodkid, skilla22,profundus-sanus, Rashaddd,99grandprixGT,BigPimpin91 .More I cant remember.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenics View Post
    What you're getting with a ca.com poll is a consensus from a large number of wealthy, attractive, successful young men -- who are morally and ethically dignified.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTs MothernLaw View Post
    MoT likes it when I **** him with the strap on.

  13. #58
    MikeyB's Avatar
    MikeyB is offline CarAudio.com Addict



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    H-Town, MI
    Posts
    7,727
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My 2 15" hdc3 alum are blown after 3 hours of use!

    Quote Originally Posted by themommyvan View Post
    I dont think Jeremy Keith does recones.



    Yea you might have to fix better I only have a small iron.

    Let me know when this happens I want to watch. I'll bring the pizza.
    LAWL! I know sounds like fun

    It was such a ***** when I was first soldering those tinsels. My solder gun took a **** after the first one, I ended up having to buy a small one to finish the **** thing.

    If need be Ill buy another gun since I need a good one anyways and fix it for good



    Refs- hessdawg, Pepsifiend69, iltoivfe, ownage9, lifted95blaze, Buckshot, da box king, Po.Sic, baseballer1100, vetkilr, dkguitarist, Queball, qtipextra, LaserRed38, 350_regal, RidnClean, BushJ311 and a bunch more...

  14. #59
    themommyvan's Avatar
    themommyvan is offline Special Olympics winner



    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Belleville,MI
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,504
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My 2 15" hdc3 alum are blown after 3 hours of use!

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyB View Post
    LAWL! I know sounds like fun

    It was such a ***** when I was first soldering those tinsels. My solder gun took a **** after the first one, I ended up having to buy a small one to finish the **** thing.

    If need be Ill buy another gun since I need a good one anyways and fix it for good
    LOL have fun the sub will only come out of the box 3-4 inches. Yes a tight fit.

    To the OP if you want I can Jeremy keith to see if he does recones. If mikey dont do it



    refs: silver02alty,gordos420,hc3_cuz,bad @SS chevy ,Wkbdkid,Kingdell91,Lax916,Viveet,hoodkid, skilla22,profundus-sanus, Rashaddd,99grandprixGT,BigPimpin91 .More I cant remember.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenics View Post
    What you're getting with a ca.com poll is a consensus from a large number of wealthy, attractive, successful young men -- who are morally and ethically dignified.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTs MothernLaw View Post
    MoT likes it when I **** him with the strap on.

  15. #60
    Ford302Redneck's Avatar
    Ford302Redneck is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hartsville, SC
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My 2 15" hdc3 alum are blown after 3 hours of use!

    Quote Originally Posted by da box king View Post
    yes they are rated at 2 ohms...I had them wired to 2 ohm...hence dual 2 ohms subs...but the crossfire is sweet so far, rated at 12 volts.
    Thats 2000rms per sub, you said only 1k?

    Thats a lot of power clipping or not.

    When you smelled the subs, you should of turned em down.

    There is no such thing as excess glue burn off. If it burns that glue, why wouldn't burn the rest of the glue on the coil?




Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum