Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Reload Thread: two 10's, or one 12?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Newnan, Georgia
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    two 10's, or one 12?

    I know *nothing* about subs/amps/etc and I need some help..

    There's two packages I'm looking at that are very cheap..One comes with a Bazooka ELA100.2 Amp and a XS-L124P5B 12" sub

    It also comes with a box, wiring, etc. but those two seem like the main things ^
    Is that setup any good?

    There's also another package from Visonik with two 10" subs and an amp with box/wiring kit included as well.

    The Visonik doesn't have any model numbers or anything for the subs/amps so I can't really look up a review or anything for them..

    I'm new here and not sure if I can post links, but if you'd like to see the links just let me know I'm allowed to.

    Also, if this is in the wrong section, just move it please, I didn't put it in the Amp/Sub sections because it was about a whole package, thanks!







  2. #2
    Trey803's Avatar
    Trey803 is offline GAMECOCKS



    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    5,637
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: two 10's, or one 12?

    2 10's is more cone area but will be more expensive. But dont buy a package deal they ****



    HU: DEH-80PRS
    Doors Deadened
    Front Stage: Rainbow SLC 265
    Front Stage Amp: Image Dynamics i2600
    Sub: Dayton RSS210HF-4 8"
    Sub Amp: Image Dynamics i2300
    Wire: Knu

  3. #3
    jnralp00's Avatar
    jnralp00 is offline well then...



    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: two 10's, or one 12?

    How much do you want to spend?




  4. #4
    Dirtydave289's Avatar
    Dirtydave289 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Newnan, Georgia
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: two 10's, or one 12?

    Not a lot, maybe 250ish tops for everything
    I'll do the install with my dad but I'm not looking for anything crazy at all, just more bass than the Pioneer speakers I have now. As long as it sounds better than my plain old speakers I'm happy lol.
    Last edited by Dirtydave289; 08-05-2008 at 09:51 PM. Reason: more detail




  5. #5
    SSS 18734's Avatar
    SSS 18734 is offline Dollar Menu Millionaire



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    5,457
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: two 10's, or one 12?

    Is the $250 only for subs and an amplifier, or for subs, amp, box, and wiring?



    Bought From:
    Absolutnockout, zachzchw, Untouchable11, j3bus2k3 (x2), 92c1v1c, jeeper07, acubsfan, bkjt05, Goldenknob, Goindef154, Basscourt2009, TeamSouthrnBass, oldschoolboomer, 99grandprixGT
    Sold to:
    Gearguy2001 (American Bass SQ780)
    Tw1st3d13 (2 Fi BL 15's)

  6. #6
    jnralp00's Avatar
    jnralp00 is offline well then...



    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: two 10's, or one 12?

    I wouldn't really recommend either of the two but you could get some pretty good stuff if you could spend about $500 or so.




  7. #7
    Dirtydave289's Avatar
    Dirtydave289 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Newnan, Georgia
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: two 10's, or one 12?

    sup/amp/box/wiring
    That's why I was looking at a package, they have everything and are cheap, and as long as they can hit better than my speakers now, they work for me. I guess I have like two questions.

    Will they hit better than my Pioneer speakers? I have two 6x9s on the rear deck and two like 5ish's up front
    And, out of the two, crappy they may be, which is less crappy haha?




  8. #8
    SRim23's Avatar
    SRim23 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    5,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: two 10's, or one 12?

    in the right enclosure, and the right sub my single 12 is louder than my 3 10's were. save up a little and find a nice 12 and a good amp. youll save weight and space and be just as loud.



    sold to : vitveet, ZeroAccess, Regalboi97 bought from: pboulos, mikescanlon, pickup1, konechiwa, CaliforniabOY5, desertheat
    Quote Originally Posted by DDeitz View Post
    blacks buy cars owned by white men who were designed by asians and made by mexicans ...see everyone contributes to the cycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Willkas View Post
    today I was messin with my newly installed subs, i really have no clue what they are but they're definatly old school. Out of nowhere, it burts into awesome mode and starts shaking the garage doors of the entire lot ( work in a auto shop).
    I just want to here some theories how this happened.
    In case you were wondering I drive a tahoe and when I say loud I mean loud to the point that your ears will pop and it starts hurting.

  9. #9
    XxSuperAdamxX's Avatar
    XxSuperAdamxX is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    962
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: two 10's, or one 12?

    Save up and buy stuff separately. Package deals aren't that great IMO. I say save up because in the future you'll probably wanna upgrade, so invest something big and don't have to look back.





    Car: 2003 Honda S2000
    Sub: Diamond D3
    Amp: JVC ???
    Fronts: Polk Audio ???
    Rears: N/A
    H.U.: Alpine ???
    Deadener: N/A
    Battery: Stock
    Car Alarm: Hornet
    Wires: ???
    RCA: ???

    Reference: theitalianjob76, ssj2xxgotenxx, mhuynh, wong05tsx, bourboncollecti, budahbuddy803, sxkicker89, matrxx dude, mhyde71, outspoken, Nickatina, NewAgeKing

  10. #10
    SSS 18734's Avatar
    SSS 18734 is offline Dollar Menu Millionaire



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    5,457
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: two 10's, or one 12?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydave289 View Post
    sup/amp/box/wiring
    That's why I was looking at a package, they have everything and are cheap, and as long as they can hit better than my speakers now, they work for me. I guess I have like two questions.

    Will they hit better than my Pioneer speakers? I have two 6x9s on the rear deck and two like 5ish's up front
    And, out of the two, crappy they may be, which is less crappy haha?
    That's what I thought when I started building my first system. So I settled on a pair of Legacy 8's in a bandpass box. Did they have better bass than my stock speakers? Yes. Were the worth the money I spent on them? Phuck no.

    If $250 is honestly your max budget, here's what I would put together:
    Sub: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Pioneer-TS-W...QQcmdZViewItem $65
    Amp: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HIFONICS-ZEU...QQcmdZViewItem $140
    4 guage wiring kit from wal-mart: $20
    Build your own box $30

    Another decent subwoofer in that price range is the Alpine Type S. But if I were you I would save up. Double your spending limit and you're just starting to get into decent equipment. Another tip is to buy used!



    Bought From:
    Absolutnockout, zachzchw, Untouchable11, j3bus2k3 (x2), 92c1v1c, jeeper07, acubsfan, bkjt05, Goldenknob, Goindef154, Basscourt2009, TeamSouthrnBass, oldschoolboomer, 99grandprixGT
    Sold to:
    Gearguy2001 (American Bass SQ780)
    Tw1st3d13 (2 Fi BL 15's)

  11. #11
    Dirtydave289's Avatar
    Dirtydave289 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Newnan, Georgia
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: two 10's, or one 12?

    SuperAdam, everyone tells me that I'll want to upgrade haha, but I don't think I ever will, I'm happy with what I have now but if I can add just a little bass for 250, I'm down




  12. #12
    Trey803's Avatar
    Trey803 is offline GAMECOCKS



    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    5,637
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: two 10's, or one 12?

    Quote Originally Posted by SSS 18734 View Post
    That's what I thought when I started building my first system. So I settled on a pair of Legacy 8's in a bandpass box. Did they have better bass than my stock speakers? Yes. Were the worth the money I spent on them? Phuck no.

    If $250 is honestly your max budget, here's what I would put together:
    Sub: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Pioneer-TS-W...QQcmdZViewItem
    Amp: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HIFONICS-ZEU...QQcmdZViewItem
    4 guage wiring kit from wal-mart: $20
    Build your own box $30

    Another decent subwoofer in that price range is the Alpine Type S.
    To this day my 2 type s 10" was one of my fav. systems I have owned



    HU: DEH-80PRS
    Doors Deadened
    Front Stage: Rainbow SLC 265
    Front Stage Amp: Image Dynamics i2600
    Sub: Dayton RSS210HF-4 8"
    Sub Amp: Image Dynamics i2300
    Wire: Knu

  13. #13
    Dirtydave289's Avatar
    Dirtydave289 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Newnan, Georgia
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: two 10's, or one 12?

    Quote Originally Posted by SSS 18734 View Post
    That's what I thought when I started building my first system. So I settled on a pair of Legacy 8's in a bandpass box. Did they have better bass than my stock speakers? Yes. Were the worth the money I spent on them? Phuck no.

    If $250 is honestly your max budget, here's what I would put together:
    Sub: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Pioneer-TS-W...QQcmdZViewItem
    Amp: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HIFONICS-ZEU...QQcmdZViewItem
    4 guage wiring kit from wal-mart: $20
    Build your own box $30

    Another decent subwoofer in that price range is the Alpine Type S.
    Well, honesty I'd probably be alright with spending around 300 but I kinda want to stay down around 250
    Is using that sub/amp you showed me a helluva lot better as far as bass/sound goes than the package?




  14. #14
    SRim23's Avatar
    SRim23 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    5,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: two 10's, or one 12?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydave289 View Post
    Well, honesty I'd probably be alright with spending around 300 but I kinda want to stay down around 250
    Is using that sub/amp you showed me a helluva lot better as far as bass/sound goes than the package?
    seriously, save up a couple more weeks, months, however long it would take to get something quality. you WILL want to upgrade, trust us. weve all been involved in this addiction long enough haha.

    and yes i said addiction, not hobby haha



    sold to : vitveet, ZeroAccess, Regalboi97 bought from: pboulos, mikescanlon, pickup1, konechiwa, CaliforniabOY5, desertheat
    Quote Originally Posted by DDeitz View Post
    blacks buy cars owned by white men who were designed by asians and made by mexicans ...see everyone contributes to the cycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Willkas View Post
    today I was messin with my newly installed subs, i really have no clue what they are but they're definatly old school. Out of nowhere, it burts into awesome mode and starts shaking the garage doors of the entire lot ( work in a auto shop).
    I just want to here some theories how this happened.
    In case you were wondering I drive a tahoe and when I say loud I mean loud to the point that your ears will pop and it starts hurting.

  15. #15
    Dirtydave289's Avatar
    Dirtydave289 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Newnan, Georgia
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: two 10's, or one 12?

    Quote Originally Posted by SRim23 View Post
    seriously, save up a couple more weeks, months, however long it would take to get something quality. you WILL want to upgrade, trust us. weve all been involved in this addiction long enough haha.

    and yes i said addiction, not hobby haha
    Pioneer TS-W307D4 12"
    HIFONICS ZEUS 600 WATT 2 CHANNEL AMP

    Is that quality? with a homemade box and wally world wiring kit?




Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum