Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Mustang with a Mach 460 sound system...need help setting up new equipment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mustang with a Mach 460 sound system...need help setting up new equipment

Hey guys. Like the title suggests, I have the stock Mach 460 stuff in my car, crappy speakers in front, 2 amps in back on that rack thing and the amp behind the HU.

I upgraded my HU to a JVC piece a few years ago thinking I would soon buy the rest of my stuff shortly after. Stuff came up, and that didn't happen so I'm thinking about starting fresh with new 6.5 component speakers, a new HU, an amp (or amps) and a sub (or subs). I'm looking for a tight, clean sound and don't need 15's to make myself happy.

Now I know you guys get "what should I buy" threads A LOT but don't worry, I'm not going to ask that. What I am going to ask is this. Once I get my stuff, how do I get it set up? For the amps is it easy as removing the stock amps, placing new amps there and connect the stock wires to that? Or can that not be done? Or if I can, should I avoid it? And the amp in the front behind the HU. Should I leave it in there or simply remove it?

Component speakers seem pretty straightforward. Is it just a matter of taking out the stock speakers and tweeters, sound proofing, installing, and hooking wires up?

For the rest, I'm not too sure. If anyone can provide a general description I should do for each part to make it work in a Mach 460 equipped car, I would really appreciate it.

Any replies would be great, thanks!

Car: 1995 Mustang GT
    Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P880PRS active
    Comps: Mach 5 MLI-65
    Tweeters: Seas Neo aluminum
    Amplifier: Kicker ZX700.5
    Sub: RE SE12" 2.25cu ported and tuned at 34hz
    Wiring: 4 gauge from Knu
    Sound Deadener: RAAMat BXT in doors, floorboard and trunk with Ensolite in the trunk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Mustang with a Mach 460 sound system...need help setting up new equipment

i have a 96 conv with same system ill convo with u later about to head out

Chowder Head is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks bro, I appreciate it.

Any other responses would still be appreciated. I mean, I kinda get installing amps, subs, speakers, etc, in general but how to get it working with the Mach 460 crap I have in is what is troubling me the most. Biggest thing would be what I should do about the stock amps and could I use the stock amp wiring on some new amps. Stuff like that.

Thanks in advance for any more replies!

Sound Deadener: RAAMat BXT in doors, floorboard and trunk with Ensolite in the trunk

Beat_Dominator is offline Yea, thats Mecha Godzilla

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No, you cannot use the stock wires with aftermarket amps. I had to just tear the entire 460 system out and restart from scratch.....which has it's perks.

Comming Spring 2009

I make rear-loaded, double crabshell, isobaric enclosures.

Chowder Head is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey guys, sorry for the late bump I just want to know something.

I know my Mach 460 has an amp behind the HU and two in the trunk.

Since I'm going to be running an active setup using most likely these parts: ID OEM mids, Seas Neo tweets and a beefy 4 channel amp in the back to go along with the 880PRS I just received, can the stock Mach 460 amps be used, for, well anything? Or would my best but be to rip them all apart along with the stock wiring. About the stock wiring, and this will be my last question, can I reuse any of the stock wiring from any component of the audio system?

Those that have gutted a Mach 460, especially if you have a Mustang, any ideas how much of a PITA it is?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Closed Thread