User Tag List

Closed Thread

Reload Thread: need info on Pioneer Premier

Unregistered Guest

Icon32 need info on Pioneer Premier

I need a lot of help with my new udio system in my car. I have a 95 Honda Civic LX (4 door sedan) and have 3-way Pioneer Premier 6.5in. speakers in the front. I plan to put those in the back, and put Pioneer Premier components in the front and the 3-way's in the back. I have a Pioneer 40x4 face which I'm looking to upgrade in the near future. I'm wondering if I need an amp, and if I do, what kind and how much power? Also, how is the Premier line compared to other name brands and especially compared to the regular Pioneer speakers? Is it worth getting the Premiere's? I will eventually get some subs installed, but first I want to get the factory speakers replaced, and then I'll add subs, etc. Thanks for your help!

natem33 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Premiere's are worth the little extra bit of cash. Your deck puts out 40 X 4 watts max. This amounts to about 18 watts RMS per channel. The internal amp in your deck will work, but if you want your components to sound the best that they can, you should use a slightly larger amp. Even if the amp is only 25 X 4 watts it will improve the sound. There is not enough room within a head unit to hold the electronics necessary to sound as good as an external amplifier. If you like Pioneer Premier then check out their amps. They have a 40 X 4 RMS amp that rocks.

Closed Thread