Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Summer Build - Input Requested

KoalaZ is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Summer Build - Input Requested

Whatsup guys? Looking to build a decent system for over the summer. Not looking to bypass $500 by much, and I'd prefer not to.
    I know it's cheap compared to what you guys have, but I have other things to blow money on lol. \

For what it's worth, I listen to rock of all varieties, and not necessarily rap.

Few questions though:
    1) For the "Big 3" can I get away with 4ga, or do I need 0/1. I know 0 is best, but look at the setup and realize I won't upgrade it from that much, if at all.
    2) Amp installation kit - 8ga, 4ga, 0ga..what? Assume I use those components below.
    3) Any other suggestions for speakers in the $80 range per set? Will the Pioneers sound decent?
    4) Kicker CVR07 is $130, CVR05 (both 10") is only $75. Should I use the 05, or do I need 07?

Nothing is set in stone, but I like to really plan ahead whenever I spend money.

Those are just the basic parts I saw recommended and liked, feel free to sway me otherwise. I intend to build my box, as I am VERY handy with MDF and wood, so I've been looking around for plans and designs.
    Last edited by KoalaZ; 06-13-2008 at 01:02 AM.

jbizzle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Summer Build - Input Requested

get an amp for those speakers for their full potential, use 4 gauge install kit, i'm pretty sure you can get away with the 4 gauge big3

MW Car Audio - www.MWCarAudio.net

Feedback Thead: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/378649-jbizzle-feedback-thread.html

TurdFergueson2 is offline Team D.O.A.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice model.

The wire to the battery should be fused. your HU should have a fuse on it. Just wire it up to the harness
    For your big 3, 4 would be ok, but my battery cables are 4 now, so I want to go bigger.

As far as price of system, there is always someone that will have put more time and money into their build. It boils down to whether it sounds good to you. I run all Pioneer stuff except for my amps.

Akron huh? My brother owns houses there. I went there a couple of times. I guess I wasn't in the hood part. Was on Shanabrook lane or some **** like that. Bored out of my mind. I went to some ghetto mall and caught the Jordan xx's for 85 bucks. Sold them for 150 ftw.

Sold to: Rc10Mike, Philpbak, pbnj123, WALKSUP, silvercookie, Sir Smoke Alot
    Bought from: Korn4life, chaunb3400, fasfocus, mlstrass, Bumpin Buick, wheeler8921, annarbor84

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron_B View Post
    I pulled into the trailer park at around 3 am bumping my sony xplod 12 on sony amp. **** SLAMS!!!!!! Anways, I pulled up and it got all the girls wet.....I guess im an uncle and a dad now
    Don't listen to all the haters, their shiz doesnt knock...EDIT: Ohh yea, and by the way....before you haters start mouthing, I got my SLAB from wall-mart....that ish doesnt bang it XPLODES. Yea..I run sony... Schoche -SP box with 4 inch PVC downfiring into pasenger wheel well. 5-6 inch streamers...

KoalaZ is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the help, glad I can do 4ga. It'll be easier to route, too. And I chose Pioneer for that reason, I've bought Pioneer before and they haven't let me down, so I'll stick with what I know.

Akron is pretty bad, I ahte it here. =/

GUYS - is this deal legit? I know they aren't the CVR's, but at $45 a shipped piece are they worth it?
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...er+07C104.html

If so, I'm pulling the trigger right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Those are single voice coil. think 2 of those glued together will equal the cvr. I wouldn't do it, but that part about how you feel about your build is still in effect.

Bought from: Korn4life, chaunb3400, fasfocus, mlstrass, Bumpin Buick, wheeler8921, annarbor84

I pulled into the trailer park at around 3 am bumping my sony xplod 12 on sony amp. **** SLAMS!!!!!! Anways, I pulled up and it got all the girls wet.....I guess im an uncle and a dad now
    Don't listen to all the haters, their shiz doesnt knock...EDIT: Ohh yea, and by the way....before you haters start mouthing, I got my SLAB from wall-mart....that ish doesnt bang it XPLODES. Yea..I run sony... Schoche -SP box with 4 inch PVC downfiring into pasenger wheel well. 5-6 inch streamers...

KoalaZ is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TurdFergueson2 View Post
    Those are single voice coil. think 2 of those glued together will equal the cvr. I wouldn't do it, but that part about how you feel about your build is still in effect.
    Ahh, gotcha. I'll hold off then, other deals will come about. I guess I'm going to go do some research on voice coils now, so I know what's happening there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KoalaZ View Post
    Ahh, gotcha. I'll hold off then, other deals will come about. I guess I'm going to go do some research on voice coils now, so I know what's happening there.

Single voice coils are just one + and one - on the speaker

Dual is just that, but the thing with dual VC is you can wire them together. Then you have to pay attention to OHM ratings and stuff

But....

you did say that you wasnt upgrading. So more than likely you'll be underpowering dvc subs with that amp anyway. the one in the pic is a 4 channel right? If you are hellbent on that setup and using one amp to power all the speakers, then get the single voice coil ones.

I don't wanna say that you will more than likey change everything out, but this **** is addicting..... If you're like me, it never sounds right. Can always be improved. Thus this site. You can learn a lot here, and most are willing to help if you don't live too far.

KoalaZ is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TurdFergueson2 View Post
    Single voice coils are just one + and one - on the speaker

Dual is just that, but the thing with dual VC is you can wire them together. Then you have to pay attention to OHM ratings and stuff

But....

you did say that you wasnt upgrading. So more than likely you'll be underpowering dvc subs with that amp anyway. the one in the pic is a 4 channel right? If you are hellbent on that setup and using one amp to power all the speakers, then get the single voice coil ones.

I don't wanna say that you will more than likey change everything out, but this **** is addicting..... If you're like me, it never sounds right. Can always be improved. Thus this site. You can learn a lot here, and most are willing to help if you don't live too far.
    Nope, it's just a two channel for the subs. (200x2) I probably need a bigger one, don't I?

I hear you on the upgrading, I've caught the bug in headphones, and my wallet does NOT thank me for that. I eventually will, but if I tell myself I won't, I'll have a better chance at keeping my bottom line a little nicer.

Cbass is offline Livin Loud!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

with that kind of power i would use kicker comps instead of compVRs... You'll get the comps to their full potential with less than 200rms each and they sound very good with that little power.

Closed Thread