Closed Thread

Reload Thread: First Wall. 4 15's. Need tips and advice from exp ppl

WOT
    WOT is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First Wall. 4 15's. Need tips and advice from exp ppl

Decided today I might aswell have some fun with this daily driver and make a wall in the back of my suv.

I m going to be running 4 15's (audioque sdc 2.5's), they need about 15cubes net, which I have plenty of room for. My only question is I need some advice. My box is going to be AROUND 37" wide, 32" tall and like 26" deep. I would obviously have to do port forward sub forward

My problem is I dont know exactly how sturdy the seal has to be, what I wanted to do was make the box to fit and would take up most of the room in the back, then make a panel that attached to the box but would contour to the vehicles cabin almost completely, would probably have small gaps. Can you simply expandable foam those gaps? I was trying to think of a way to seel it off without ruining the interior, possibly just putting tape down first.

To fit my 4 15's I have to do 2 rows of 2 woofers, like a sqaure. But at 16" outer diameter, it easts up almost all of the front of my box. Wouldnt have very much room left for port..... anyone have any design tips for that? i'll have to take some more exact measurements.

Any tips you guys can give me would be great, never tried something like this before.

pioneerpimp is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: First Wall. 4 15's. Need tips and advice from exp ppl

i dont see how youre only going to have those dimensions if its going in the back of a SUV? you should have at least 50 wide, almost 4 feet tall, and 3 feet deep, at the least.

i made plenty of mistakes on my wall and still am. you need a wall to keep it real sturdy to the ground. build it as durable as you can the first time around, at least 2-3 layers of MDF for the sides and back and at least 4 for the FB, as minimal flexing is a must.

do not screw into your gas tank if you do like me and screw into your ground, which im sure you wont with a nice vehicle.

make sure to have a real sturdy frame.

after the initial wall, when you want the beauty panel to cover up most gaps, trace it out with cardboard first, then slap that cardboard onto MDF and just trace it out.

make sure to fiberglass resin the inside, lots of bracing, real good sealing, and be prepared to be blown away.

MACH5 AUDIO
    INCRIMINATOR AUDIO
    KICKER HYPERFLEX

149.9 @ 29hz
    125.5 drive by
    153.7 @ 37hz.

refs: lilmaniac2 x 12, IonSQL, FRITO x2, aaron7114, lax916, ibanender,, mark potts x3, blaze135, SPLchoice, j baby15, lmllopez, 2000gator,johnnybusa, mr bojangles, r sosa, little thumper, hazardous0388, Jason19, SundownAudioNY, jblandford x4, malic, boomin SPL, audioxtremes, jk32sho, revrider01, beerdrnkr, teamsubgopoofx10, amaduece, yeah toast (big transaction and met in person)...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...ht=pioneerpimp

theres my build log, alot of people critiqued it, but its turning out real good i think in my opinion. just some ideas, and my front baffle is 8 layers thick.

MACH5 AUDIO
    INCRIMINATOR AUDIO
    KICKER HYPERFLEX

149.9 @ 29hz
    125.5 drive by
    153.7 @ 37hz.

refs: lilmaniac2 x 12, IonSQL, FRITO x2, aaron7114, lax916, ibanender,, mark potts x3, blaze135, SPLchoice, j baby15, lmllopez, 2000gator,johnnybusa, mr bojangles, r sosa, little thumper, hazardous0388, Jason19, SundownAudioNY, jblandford x4, malic, boomin SPL, audioxtremes, jk32sho, revrider01, beerdrnkr, teamsubgopoofx10, amaduece, yeah toast (big transaction and met in person)...

WOT
    WOT is offline Banned

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hey, i was definetely right when I said how much room I had. Ive got 32" height TOPS, I do have 50" width AT SOME POINTS, but my wheel wells buldge out so the "up the middle" width was 37". I only have 25.5" depth because I want my rear seats to still recline

The thing that ***** about my truck is the angles, its got a big wide base for a box, but then everything starts to fold inwards uptowards the roof and the hatch curves in like a motherfuker, no real way around that.....

Anyway to seal the mdf panel to my roof/side panels without ruining them?

Thanks

kentb is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how do you secure the whole wall to the vehicle?
    im just curious too. anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

i used lots of screws and bolts and liquid nails. lots of time

and too much time

MACH5 AUDIO
    INCRIMINATOR AUDIO
    KICKER HYPERFLEX

149.9 @ 29hz
    125.5 drive by
    153.7 @ 37hz.

WOT
    WOT is offline Banned

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ya Im sure I could think of something that could be removed and you wouldnt be able to notice anything was even there before to

Still in the air on either I want to go with 3 or 4 woofer. 4 I would have to get crazy with the box design a little to make them fit with a port and get all the airspace.

3 I can make fit NICELY, but I dont know how much of a gain I would see from adding just one woofer and walling off my vehicle. Would the audible gain be substantial?

btw, if I went with a 3 sub setup, each sub would be getting about 750rms

bamaboy is offline War Eagle!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how about 2 18s if you cant fit 4 15s?

04 Explorer
    Kenwood DDX812
    RF 3Sixty.2
    T6004
    T4002
    T40001bd
    Hertz MLK-2 running Active
    Hertz HCX165
    4x DC Audio LVL 4 12"s

Summer 09' Build...Operation:Pull Wall out, put new subs in DONE!
    Build
    Photobucket
    now with video

Closed Thread