Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Morel vs Beyma/ Kicker vs JL vs DD?

teedot231999 is offline Mr. Beat's

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Morel vs Beyma/ Kicker vs JL vs DD?

I need some help with my system. There are a few dudes around my way with chevy caprices and they all claim that their systems are the s***. I too have a caprice and I would like to compete with them @ this car audio and show called sound clash. Every body with a system will be there showing off their stuff.All I need is a really good box for my subs and some realy good componets. The competion is broken down in three parts from what I've heard 1.DB drag. I belive this is the part that uses SPL meters. I have never burped subs b4 so if ayone has any tips let me know. 2, SQ. 3. street bass. The guys I want to compete against have either multiple kicker setups or multiple JL audio subs and maybe mephis mojo's. Two cars have 4 L7 12's and one car has 6 cvr 12's and another car has 4 cvx 12's. Also there are two dudes with JL audio setup. One caprice has 6 jl w7 10's and the other has 3 jl w7 13's. All of these cars are different as to what subs each person chose but all of them chose beyma mids and highs. Some of these cars have six or eight 6.5 's and four 8 inch drivers as well as four 10's in each door or the rear deck with 10 bullet tweeters spread out in the car. Is all that really nessasary? I have never used beyma componets so is beyma a good brand to use? I have two DD3515's at the end of the month I am getting a third one. Along with those DD's i ave two pair of the morel tempo 6's.. I have been looking @ Partsexpress.com I was wondering if I could use their raw drivers in my car. I am looking at a few mid bass,mid range and tweeters. I want to build a 3way componet set with these drivers. Also I want to use a pair of the mid range and tweeters to make a center channel. If anyone has used these drivers in their vehicles let me know. Also shoul I go four 15's or stick with three? Any help or comments that can be of help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Team Sundown
    Alt: Iraggi 300amp
    Hu: Kenwood Excelon Kdc-x993
    Processors: Clarion eqs 746, epic center,
    Mids & Highs:still need
    Xover: AudioControl's Matrix
    Amp: Still need
    Subs: 2 Custom Nightshade 18's
    Amp: 2 Saz 3500d's:
    4th order bandpass with rear deck vent

audioholic is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Re: Morel vs Beyma/ Kicker vs JL vs DD?

Quote Originally Posted by teedot231999 View Post
    I need some help with my system.

There are a few dudes around my way with chevy caprices and they all claim that their systems are the s***. I too have a caprice and I would like to compete with them @ this car audio and show called sound clash. Every body with a system will be there showing off their stuff.All I need is a really good box for my subs and some realy good componets.

The competion is broken down in three parts from what I've heard 1.DB drag. I belive this is the part that uses SPL meters. I have never burped subs b4 so if ayone has any tips let me know. 2, SQ. 3. street bass. The guys I want to compete against have either multiple kicker setups. Two cars have 4 L7 12's and one car has 6 cvr 12's and another car has 4 cvx 12's. Also there are two dudes with JL audio setup. One caprice has 6 jl w7 10's and the other has 3 jl w7 13's. All of these cars are different as to what subs each person chose but all of them chose beyma mids and highs. Some of these cars have six or eight 6.5 's and four 8 inch drivers as well as four 10's in each door or the rear deck with 10 bullet tweeters spread out in the car. Is all that really nessasary?

I have never used beyma componets so is beyma a good brand to use?

I have two DD3515's at the end of the month I am getting a third one. Along with those DD's i ave two pair of the morel tempo 6's..

I have been looking @ Partsexpress.com I was wondering if I could use their raw drivers in my car. I am looking at a few mid bass,mid range and tweeters. I want to build a 3way componet set with these drivers. Also I want to use a pair of the mid range and tweeters to make a center channel. If anyone has used these drivers in their vehicles let me know.

Also shoul I go four 15's or stick with three?

Any help or comments that can be of help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    You're welcome.

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

teedot231999 is offline Mr. Beat's

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Morel vs Beyma/ Kicker vs JL vs DD?

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    You're welcome.
    Thank you for your help.

Team Sundown
    Alt: Iraggi 300amp
    Hu: Kenwood Excelon Kdc-x993