Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Don't ever deal with Amprepaircenter.com

bumpin buick is offline Science is everything

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't ever deal with Amprepaircenter.com

Under no circumstances would I ever recommend anyone to use amprepaircenter.com. I bought an amp from a fellow CA.com member (LAX916). The amp was a T40001bd. It came to me not working so LAX916 was awesome enough to cover all repair fees. Well I had heard that amprepaircenter could do good work at way better prices than Chris at DB-r so I contacted both for quotes. DB-r was 250-400 and it would take about a month and amprepaircenter.com was 200-300 and they could have it back to me within a week of its arrival. They both assured me the amps would work on arrival and both would cover their work. Well I figured I would be nice and save LAX916 some money and go with amprepaircenter and it was faster for me too.

So I sent the amp out and after about a week of it being there I called them. even though there site advertises "All units estimated within 2 working days of receipt of unit." Anyhow they answered and told me it has been sitting and waiting to be worked on. Although they made no attempt to call me about it. They said it would cost $375 and explained what all needed to be replaces. I said sure although it was terribly off his quote. Then I asked, could I have it back by next Friday because there was a small show I really wanted it for that weekend. At the time it was the Tuesday before. He said they could get it to me for sure by the next Friday. Well he called me up the next Tuesday (it took him a week to repair the amp)to tell me it had shipped and it will be there for sure on friday. He gave me a tracking number via email. What I was unaware of was that the amp was not actually shipped, he had just made a label. So the amp didnt get picked up for shipping until the next day. In between that time I had confirmed that I would be at the meet and paid the $10 fee. I then had no amp show up friday and obviously missed the meet.

I was a little upset about it so I called Scott at amprepaircenter to let him know the whole situation and that he shouldnt make promises that he couldnt keep specially when he doesnt send out the amp when he told me he did. He instantly started to scream at me and say it was my fault that I had over a week to contact him or UPS about the situation. I then told him that the amp was only in transit for two days before I noticed. He then kept saying I was lying and it was almost 10 days now. After arguing with him for about 5 minutes about it he asked for my tracking number. Then he said, "oh wrong amp" but it was still my fault to not expect delays from UPS. I talked to UPS on the phone for literally an hour before this conversation and they had told me they were very sorry for the situation but the label wasnt printed until 8pm so they had no way of shipping the amp until the next day.

I told Scott that I was very unhappy with the whole situation and that I really hoped the amped worked because I dont want to deal with him again, his response was, "Well I hope it doesnt", and then he hung up on me. The amp did work after it arrived that next monday to me but he is a prick and I would hope everyone stays as far away from him and his company as they can.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/305521-official-bumpin-buick-feedback-thread.html

Korn4Life is offline SUB LOVE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Don't ever deal with Amprepaircenter.com

Wow he is a ****. Well I hope he prepare's for business to decline. You know what happens when people do stuff like this(T3)

Feedback Thread's

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...21#post4632421
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317112

Current Setup
    Headunit= Pioneer 790BT
    Highs/Mids= 4" Lightning Audio & Kicker R25 Tweeters
    Highs/Mids Amp = Jensen 2 channel
    Sub Amp=
    Sub=
    Battery=(4) Stinger SPV70's
    Wire= 1/0 Hypeflex & 1/0 Knu
    All Connectors and fuseholders are Stinger
    Will Recone Subs for Free!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Korn4Life View Post
    Wow he is a ****. Well I hope he prepare's for business to decline. You know what happens when people do stuff like this(T3)
    lol

I was honestly shocked he was yelling at me on the phone after he received $375 for something he quoted me way less on. I think even J demuth would have more respect than that.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/305521-official-bumpin-buick-feedback-thread.html

Korn4Life is offline SUB LOVE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ya man that guy sounds like a prick. Even if he is right he shouldnt yell at a customer. Well atleast I know where to go for my amp repair for now on. Db-r

Feedback Thread's

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...21#post4632421
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317112

Current Setup
    Headunit= Pioneer 790BT
    Highs/Mids= 4" Lightning Audio & Kicker R25 Tweeters
    Highs/Mids Amp = Jensen 2 channel
    Sub Amp=
    Sub=
    Battery=(4) Stinger SPV70's
    Wire= 1/0 Hypeflex & 1/0 Knu
    All Connectors and fuseholders are Stinger
    Will Recone Subs for Free!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Korn4Life View Post
    Ya man that guy sounds like a prick. Even if he is right he shouldnt yell at a customer. Well atleast I know where to go for my amp repair for now on. Db-r
    Yeah I actually found a great place that does it about an hour from me and he gaurantees all work and gets them repaired in days. If anything try finding local. I also talked to Chris at Db-r and seemed like a nice guy, maybe it was just me though but he came off as really cocky but hey if he does his work well I guess he can be.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nvm

cshaw is offline free the robots

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i almost went with them about about a year ago. went with cia engineering , never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by James Bang View Post
    I think the earlobe curls helped the most. Less weight but more reps. It helped with the endurance to fight off ear fatigue.

pawn man is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i have dealt with them several times and was always very pleased with the service & was much quicker than most places. scot has always been very nice when i have talked to him on the phone.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pawn man View Post
    i have dealt with them several times and was always very pleased with the service & was much quicker than most places. scot has always been very nice when i have talked to him on the phone.
    Well your lucky I guess or maybe it was that time of the month for him when I dealed with him because he was the biggest prick I have ever dealt with

Grinder1989 is offline Sundown Audio Dealer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know this is old but holy ****. Scott has never been like that with me. I'm sorry dude, I feel like that was kind of my fault.

North Coast Improvements, Mobile Audio Division. Sundown Audio Dealer Akron, OH. Need BNIB audio? PM me for details.

By: N.G.U Graphics

hazardous0388 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i have never had a problem with scott...but CIA has had one of my amps since about the first week of March and I still dont have it back yet.

refs: zeuslicious(Christian)x8---nomad40---shallowfu---adio---pioneerpimp---fiercetimbo17---hayden---BLD 25--flakko---R-sosa----denim---woc47----lilmaniac2(Chad Kevin motha ****in Hicks)----newtitan---IgnoreMe(George)---JBGabriel---BuddyChrist----KingRanch---assman---MitchZ---JoeSmith502---The Low x2---Fiery---dragnix---tapout -383---splguru---sq wat 4---PimpDaddyq---Mr_Imperial---AbsoluteAudio---KHARPS---Sotelomichael---dt053---cmobley---SomeDonnieDude---ax600---SQcrewcab--Zachfeen--Power-Fanatic07--t4r505--

"You almost had me? You never had your subs. Ask any bass racer. Any true bass racer. Its not about how much a piece of equipment costs. Its how you install it."

Redlineaudio is offline The Glass is to Big

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have an Amp there now. Hope it works out Ok.

Slikk is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DB-r.com FTMFW

snoopdan is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Ive had a similar experience with him, so I understand you totally.

He screwed around with one of my amps for months and then shipped it to db-r, but at least Chris fixed it.

prochobo is offline Sedan Sleeper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chris at DB-r for sure x100000000

CIA is meh, some ppl have good luck, some don't (like me).

Amprepaircenter = no no

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast