Reload Thread: HeadUnits.....

Qckrun is offline Registered User

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HeadUnits.....

Alright heres the deal lol.... I really want a headunit badly right now cause the radio is just freaking boring now lol. I have around like 200$ i would say in my pocket right now. What would you do? Save up to get an Alpine 9813, or 7894? Or buy a Panasonic DF-602U? Im not exactly sure what to do. The Alpine's are both around 300$ and the panasonic is about 199$. Any help is grealy appericated.

Also this should be noted. Once i get my job, and get some money, im going to get some Alpine Type Xs(SPX) component speakers, so what headunit would be good with this? Also im going to be getting a 12" XXX and a RE 35D1 amp. So anyone please give me some advice.

Tek
    Tek is offline ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I think Pioneer gives you the best head unit for the money.

93 Oldsmobile Cutlass
    Headunit: Pioneer DEH 6400
    Speakers: JL Audio
    Subs: Elemental Designs 12" K
    Amps: Profile California 600
    Wiring: Scoshe/Phoenix Gold
    Encolsure: 1.5cf Ported Box tuned to 26 hz

paikiah is offline Wangaholic

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: HeadUnits.....

Originally posted by Qckrun
    Alright heres the deal lol.... I really want a headunit badly right now cause the radio is just freaking boring now lol. I have around like 200$ i would say in my pocket right now. What would you do? Save up to get an Alpine 9813, or 7894? Or buy a Panasonic DF-602U? Im not exactly sure what to do. The Alpine's are both around 300$ and the panasonic is about 199$. Any help is grealy appericated.

Also this should be noted. Once i get my job, and get some money, im going to get some Alpine Type Xs(SPX) component speakers, so what headunit would be good with this? Also im going to be getting a 12" XXX and a RE 35D1 amp. So anyone please give me some advice.
    alpine's known around to be newbie un-friendly. The crossover/filter settings left much to be desired for people who do not know or understand the concept. It might be a better option to get a pioneer or another unit. But if you like a challenge, get an alpine and ask a whole lot of question as well as search for answers... chances are, they've already been answered.

Team Caraudio

Sony C90, 210 EQ
    Seas 27TDF/C, RE XXX 6.5, custom xo (dyn 240GT sitting idle)
    RF 60.2 amp
    eD A15.22
    Soundstream picasso 1400.1D

Bass drive-by's are uncool.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you mean Newbie- Unfriendly. Like whats so unfriendly about them. I would say im not that big of a newbie lol.... i just dont post alot of posts. I had a pretty nice system over summer but sold it, did everything myself except the box. But what you mean. Also what type of Pioneer's are good?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, i wasnt going to run the SPx's off the headunit, im gonna get a serparte amp for it. What you mean look around for old head units at small local stores? Like what would i be looking for lol, like type of headunits.

What would you guys say is the best companies that make headunits. Like give me a list of 5, with like price next to them. I kinda wanna stay under 300. but let me here it. Im really looking to get a HU soon, but i dont know if i want to save up. So give me yoru advice.

ngsm13 is offline BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Re: HeadUnits.....

Originally posted by Jmac
    1) Do not, under any circumstances, run the Type-X speakers off your head unit ... There's no point in getting such nice speakers if you're going to power them with a ****** internal amplifier ...

2) Panasonic makes mediocre head units ...

3) Look around for older head units at small local stores (Not chains) ... You're bound to find good deals ...
    Jmac is right, make sure u get a good quality amp for your components. I'm not sure about their power requirements but look in to U.S. acoustics amps. Also, check local stores like he sed..i got my alpine7894 for like $250 w/ all equipment and install. (i woulda installed myself...but hell they sed they'd do it for free.) peace

NG

http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you're not new to car audio, then good for you

newbie un-friendly in terms of alpine crossover settings. A lot of newbies can't seem to bring up midbass and sub level volume up (not with the normal SUB/BASS/TREBLE). If you know what frequencies you want your equipments to play, then all the better.

Team Caraudio

Sony C90, 210 EQ
    RF 60.2 amp
    eD A15.22

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess in those words paikiah I would be considered a newbie lol. But i am willing to work and figure it out lol. I have a friend that could possible do this for but im willing to learn.

dave_3148 is offline fuggun "a" man!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess in those words paikiah I would be considered a newbie lol. But i am willing to work and figure it out lol. I have a friend that could possible do this for but im willing to learn.
    you sure do use "lol" alot...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kewl, you could always ask questions over here.. lots of people who has had previous/current experiences with various hu's, especially alpine/pioneer (seems to be the most popular around here)

Team Caraudio

Sony C90, 210 EQ
    RF 60.2 amp
    eD A15.22

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    K thanks paikiah. I think im going to go with the Alpine headunit probably. I think i would rather save up and get a better Hu.

Dave, i know i use "lol" alot. All my friends tell me i do when i talk on the internet. I dont know why just a habit. Oh well lol. see there i go again. Its just a word that you can put almost everywhere. Anyways.... ill post help questions when i get the HU

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    K thanks paikiah. I think im going to go with the Alpine headunit probably. I think i would rather save up and get a better Hu.

Dave, i know i use "lol" alot. All my friends tell me i do when i talk on the internet. I dont know why just a habit. Oh well lol. see there i go again. Its just a word that you can put almost everywhere. Anyways.... ill post help questions when i get the HU
    and I use a lot of periods....

figured a single period sometimes appears rude, like as if I don't really want to talk about it or soemthing...

Team Caraudio

Sony C90, 210 EQ
    RF 60.2 amp
    eD A15.22

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol (here i go again lol) i know what you mean. Its just habit for me, but hey, its not like its rude or anything. It may get annoying but oh well, deal with it lol. You know what i mean :-)

Closed Thread