Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Reload Thread: "SQ" System has no rear component?

Maven is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"SQ" System has no rear component?

Ive heard quite a few very nice(imo) systems that were "merely" a front stage and a sub. And from what Ive sen this is also the layout preferred for SQ competition. At the few low-mid level audio stores Ive visited Ive gotten nothing but odd looks when Ive discussed that I dont feel I need "rear fill" in my Chevy Cobalt to get the sound I am looking for. Many salesmen tell me that it will sound wrong without some midbass ore even complete component sets in the rear BESIDES the sub. Any thoughts on this? I am correct, I have heard amazing systems without "rear fill" havent I? or is the preferred setup 4 full range channels and a sub? Are these little shops just trying to sell me *****?

I have planned on using a Tru Technology S44(in 3ch "mode"), Dynaudio Esotec 242's, and (as of now, with little input) either a JL 10w6 or a Morel Elate10. Am I off my rocker and making a total noob mistake or is my system as well thought out as I think it is?

Trey803 is offline GAMECOCKS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

Re: "SQ" System has no rear component?

i dont have rear fill

HU: DEH-80PRS
    Doors Deadened
    Front Stage: Rainbow SLC 265
    Front Stage Amp: Image Dynamics i2600
    Sub: Dayton RSS210HF-4 8"
    Sub Amp: Image Dynamics i2300
    Wire: Knu

193dBman is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

rear fill is for the birds

snb778 is offline blaugh!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the sales man is off his rocker... you are 100% correct... besides going for an SQ setup... who cares what everyone else in the car hears...the system is for YOU!

many people on here only have front stage.. granted they may have more than 1 set of components up front...but ONLY up front none-the-less.

Nice choice of equip. BTW!!

Refs: Projectpat, XylerB, decipha, blados, protonman, Wlmrs, Nucleareskimo, gl0ck, mobeious, JBizzle (picked up box) mlstrass (box design) Mazzasec (bought 18" RD Alpha from him) SKMFKR: Traded subs Wrenchguy: Sold 18" Q to him. psychoacoustics: bought some bullet horn tweets from him Shinju: bought some 0awg wire from him. Sold a box and 18" HDC318 to chitown_impala. Bought my 2 custom 15's from 99Vic on steave meade forum. NJTStang11- picked up 18" SSX and box from him krispy cream SCAMMED ME $200!!!

2 Pistol Shrimps in a 4.0 cu^ft box tuned to 32 hz for the WIN !!

"You can't compare, don't stare, cause I got the ultimate Mary Jane"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

those sales people are just trying to milk everything out of you they can, and then probably have one of their shi*ty "install techs" do some bang up job on your overpriced system. The are about as fu**ing smart as a crackhead.

edit: I need a **** cigarette.........

SRim23 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

the salesman is exactly that. hes trying to sell you another 300 dollar set of his comps.

ive had all three. a system with only front comps, front and rear comps, and front comps with rear 6x9's and i gotta say the front only sounds just as good and a alot less harsh than 2 sets of comps.

unless you are trying to create a surround sound entertainment system theres really no reason (unless you have a huge car) to have a rear fill. if you have a huge suv and care about how your rear passenger can hear going with only front fill will be good.

it frees up money that you were going to spend on rear and you can spend more on a better front set.

and please dont buy from BB or CC. you are going to spend 300 bucks on something you can get on here for at least half that.

sold to : vitveet, ZeroAccess, Regalboi97 bought from: pboulos, mikescanlon, pickup1, konechiwa, CaliforniabOY5, desertheat
    Quote Originally Posted by DDeitz View Post
    blacks buy cars owned by white men who were designed by asians and made by mexicans ...see everyone contributes to the cycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Willkas View Post
    today I was messin with my newly installed subs, i really have no clue what they are but they're definatly old school. Out of nowhere, it burts into awesome mode and starts shaking the garage doors of the entire lot ( work in a auto shop).
    I just want to here some theories how this happened.
    In case you were wondering I drive a tahoe and when I say loud I mean loud to the point that your ears will pop and it starts hurting.

Jdm94Coupe is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)

well i have a rear fill and it kinda makes it sound like the back is louder because of the music kinda coming back off the back windshield if that makes any sense..... but i got stupid midbass and great highs coming from two sets of jl xr components...... i didnt feel i needed the back set but i think they would look good.... and they arent bad.....

see....
    sorry for the crappy night garage pics..... but i rear fill isnt necessary but it doesnt hurt IMO

LOL

Refs
    xtremebassjunky, sundownz, ripskip, king24, Dtour, T9X, dbaudio, Justin89T, GabeC, path2spl, mavssolja, TheLow, xbearxlawls, Subst4nce, mar424, blazeplacid, bur1196, smiley2186, Ledoux289, nelson29, sirsaechao, trumpet, fredric.poulter

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SRim23 View Post

and please dont buy from BB or CC. you are going to spend 300 bucks on something you can get on here for at least half that.
    I have no intentions of purchasing ANYTHING from a box store like those two.

I never thought about them as "BB" and "CC" before

ultimate157 is offline Engineering Student

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I lost the rear fill as soon as I got components. With a nice set of amped front speakers, there is plenty of audio for the passengers as well.

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLI VR6
    Source: Pioneer 880 PRS *Active
    Tweeters: Soon to be Hat Imagine
    Midrange: Soon to be Hat Imagine
    Sub: 15" SSA Icon
    Box: 2.5^3 Sealed
    Amp: Soundstream Tarantula 2kW

Feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278169

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1163 Post(s)

Many factory cars have rear fill or numerous speakers all around and they sound just fine. It's all personal preference, but I do agree that the salesman was just trying to make a buck...

FoxPro5 is offline Causal wanderer

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

If you feel the need to use rear fill, I think something is probably missing in front of you.

Without very skilled implementation....including driver placement, time arrival, and making sure you cannot locate the speakers..sound coming from behind you will probably ruin the sound coming in front of you. That is, of course, unless you sit in the front seat and look backward. Then, it would be the other way around.

Sound quality competition is all about hearing the music and NOT the speakers. All you have to do is close your eyes.

TEAM Front Fill

The Fox audiomobile now sounds more quality thanks to SDS power.

The most expensive solution is the one that doesn't do the job correctly. ~ Me

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxPro5 View Post

Sound quality competition is all about hearing the music and NOT the speakers. All you have to do is close your eyes.

I like that.

snb778 is offline blaugh!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i just run some Boston Pro 60's in the front off of an Alpine F545. Its cranked pretty much all the way... set at -1db... Sound pretty good, but I could use a LITTLE more.. I think the next time I buy components im gonna get a 3 way system.. I NEED MORE VOCAL ****IT!

Refs: Projectpat, XylerB, decipha, blados, protonman, Wlmrs, Nucleareskimo, gl0ck, mobeious, JBizzle (picked up box) mlstrass (box design) Mazzasec (bought 18" RD Alpha from him) SKMFKR: Traded subs Wrenchguy: Sold 18" Q to him. psychoacoustics: bought some bullet horn tweets from him Shinju: bought some 0awg wire from him. Sold a box and 18" HDC318 to chitown_impala. Bought my 2 custom 15's from 99Vic on steave meade forum. NJTStang11- picked up 18" SSX and box from him krispy cream SCAMMED ME $200!!!

2 Pistol Shrimps in a 4.0 cu^ft box tuned to 32 hz for the WIN !!

"You can't compare, don't stare, cause I got the ultimate Mary Jane"

dmullins7890 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i only have a front stage in my car and its fine..you can still hear lyrics in the back, just not as loud as if you where in the front. plus, if you plan on doing a louder set up you wouldnt have to worry about the back speakers bottoming out, unless you want to close them off somehow of coarse. but i prefer just front stage

Set up...

H/u= Jensen VM9410
    Front doors=Boston 5x7's
    Front door amp= Planet audio 200x4
    Rear deck=None
    Sub=2 Kicker 15" CVR's
    Amp= Massive Audio P1500.1
    2nd battery
    big 3

"that boy asad" is offline low and slow...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

with my hertz hi energy components, my rear fills were older model type r coaxial... now that i have hertz mlk 165 fronts, my rears are hi energy coaxial. I like having a rear fill, to give it a surround and have something for the rear passengers!

Mark Levinson | illusion Audio | Mosconi

------------------------------------------------------

References... CRXBMPN, aznattic, Extreme SE-R

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

User Tag List