Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Headunit advice: Alpine 9815 or Pioneer 9400?

pmrogers is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Headunit advice: Alpine 9815 or Pioneer 9400?

Which would you recommend between the Pioneer Premier DEHP9400mp and the Alpine 9815? My most important criteria in order are:
    SQ with internal amp driving mids and highs
    FM Tuner quality
    Display legibility, especially in bright light

And how would you compare SQ of either to the Eclipse 5v units? In a side by side at the local store, the eclipse 5433 blew away the Alpine for sound quality, but that was using an outboard amp to drive Focal Utopias, so I'm not sure how relevant that comparison would be for me.

I'm planning to drive Boston 5.25 Rallys off the head unit, and have a JL 10 W6 with dedicated 300W Precision Power amp to carry the bass.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Paul

Aurorav8 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can only comment with my own experience with the Alpine, but I haven't had any problem what so ever with reading the display, in any light. FM Tuner pics up real good, great feature in the DX seek. And I am almost positive that it will have better SQ than the Pioneer, but I can't speak from experience.

As far as better SQ between the Alpine and the Eclipse. The general concensus on this board at least is that the Alpine will edge out the Eclipse in SQ.

Closed Thread