Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need a little advice please?

KRP
    KRP is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Need a little advice please?

First I will start by saying that I have zero experience with audio systems.

What I am going to do is put a car audio system in my Harley Davidson bike. Right now I have the stock Harmon Kardon head unit and a pair of Infinity Kappa 52.7i speakers in the fairing.

I am going to put a pair of 6x9's in the saddelbags along with an amplifier. Here are a couple pics of what I intend to do.

What I have to worry about is the space(A 6x9 and an amp will take up the whole saddelbag) and the charging system is 50 amp.

What I was thinking of doing is adding a pair of Infinity Kappa 692.7i speakers to the saddelbads and an Alpine MRP F450 amp in one of the saddelbags. Was also going to add a capacitor to help the stress on the charging system.

After reading some of the forum, I see that the Infinity speakers are not highly rated. I'm just looking for some advice on a setup. I am on a budget. I'm not looking for the best system out there but do want it to rock. I also will not have room for a sub so I really need some 6x9's with good base and would also consider changing out the 5 1/4 Infinity speakers in the front to something better.

Thanks for any help

Ken448 is offline Get off my lawn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need a little advice please?

I run Infinity speakers in my truck, and they sound pretty good. You will find that everyone on this forum has their favorite and everything else simply *****. If I bought a new component set tomorrow, Id probably buy Infinty again.

Closed Thread

User Tag List