Closed Thread

Reload Thread: How does this system sound???

SPLThunder is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How does this system sound???

My buddy wants a whole system for between 1000-1400. He doesnt have the first clue so he came to me. This is what i have been thinking about because he wants Very good SQ and a little SPL. This is in a 94 Ranger.

Deck: Clarion Proaudio DXZ735MP - dual 24bit D/A converters and 4v preouts are a big selling point.
    Speakers: a pair of Infinity kappa 6x8's or if i can cut a larger hole in the door a pair of 6x9s up front. No speakers in the back. I most likely do not want to go with components just to have more money for the subs and amp.
    Subs: A pair of Infinity perfects. Probably 12's but maybe 10's. Do you think the 12's would give much better SPL if i use the same amp? I am not worried about SQ with these things.
    Amp: right now thezeb has a RF 500s on sale for 199$ this is 150x2@ 4 ohms or 250X2 at 2 ohms. Do you think this would be an adequate amount of power for the subs? I am still up for suggestions on the amp.

taylor is offline THUNDER TUNES IS A FLAMER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    ditch the 6x9's, if you don't want to do components do a pair of like 6.5 inch coaxials or 5.25 coaxials...good h/u, i would buy a 4channel amp and run 2 tens off of the rear channels and run your speakers off of the front channels.....if you want sq you will want your fornt stage amped for sure.....h/u power is full of distortion....

SPLThunder is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    is there a 4 channel amp that has 100x2 and 300x2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    buy a big 4 channel, something like 400 by 4 if you can find it....even 300 by 4

b0mbrman is offline il Don Baglione

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by taylor
    buy a big 4 channel, something like 400 by 4 if you can find it....even 300 by 4
    Who makes such an amp? I had problems finding a quality 4x150@4ohms amp. I can only imagine how tough it would be to find a 4x400 made by a quality manufacturer...

The closest you can get to a 2x100 + 2x300 in a single amp would be the Audiobahn A6601Q. It's a 75w x 6 and you can bridge a couple pairs so you get 2x75 + 2x210...and I know Audiobahn's got a couple blemishes here and there

Boss makes a 4x210 amp and, according to the guys at Zed Audio, they're filled with the same internals as US Acoustics amps...

So if you're stuck on doing it all with one amp, which one you pick depends on which of these two questionable companies you feel like taking a gamble with...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    rf made a 400.4 at one time, my big planet audio amp is a 300/4 (underrated too) i believe they also make bigger....

awalbert88 is offline Blame Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, if you're going to go with a single amp to drive an entire system, you might want to look at the monster amps designed with seperate subwoofer channels in them. Off the top of my head, the only one I can think of that would suit your needs is the JL 500/5 (100x2 front, 25x2 rear, 250x1 sub). There are others, I'm sure. I've no idea how much the JL amp is, though.

Getting a single amp to run everything might be rather tricky in that budget, and I'd almost think it would be better to grab a decent 2-channel for the fronts and a nice cheap mono amp for the subs. A good 100x2 amp should only run about $100, and for a pair of 10's, you could run something like the JBL BP600.1, which goes for well around $200. Just a thought.

JL Audio 12W7, JBL BP300.1

1993 Mercury Capri XR2
    1998 Ford Mustang
    1989 Audi 100 Quattro
    2000 Buick Regal GS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    planet also makes a 5 channel and 3 channel too...

musclehead is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lanzar has an opti amplifier that is rated 50 watts per channel. oh yeah it is a 6 channel amp. go to there sight and look at there amp specials. i cant remember how much it cost, but i remember it being at an awesome price. get it.

Closed Thread