Closed Thread

Reload Thread: New System For Good Price

soulseeker is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 New System For Good Price

Hey everyone. I got a '94 Accord LX 4 door and i'm thinking of putting a better system in. Definetly need a better system, but i've currently got a very limited budget. I have about 2K to spend and i'm looking for a new everything. New Head Unit, 6 1/2's in the front, 6X9's in the rear and 2-4 12" subs in the back. I want to amp it all and get a cap to help my poor battery out. Any suggestions??

Praise The Lord!
    Yes, I'm a Christian.
    If this bugs ya -
    don't read my messages

dave_3148 is offline fuggun "a" man!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: New System For Good Price

Originally posted by soulseeker
    Hey everyone. I got a '94 Accord LX 4 door and i'm thinking of putting a better system in. Definetly need a better system, but i've currently got a very limited budget. I have about 2K to spend and i'm looking for a new everything. New Head Unit, 6 1/2's in the front, 6X9's in the rear and 2-4 12" subs in the back. I want to amp it all and get a cap to help my poor battery out. Any suggestions??
    for 2k you have a ton of options, what are you looking for? spl (loudness) or sq (sound quility) or a good mix of both? i would suggest you to get your alt rewound instead of a cap. a cap would not help in your sitution. for subs for sql i would go with some adire brahmas www.adireaudio.com or even some hc's or xxx's www.respl.com. if space permits elemental makes some great small box subs www.edesignaudio.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay. Pretty much, i want a good mix of sq and spl. I have no clue what you mean about the alternator, and is it something i could do myself or should i take it to a place that knows what they're doing? Also, I was wondering, should i setup a battery in my trunk to power the subs? I've heard of some people who do that, but i'm too new at this stuff to know anything, seriously.

Praise The Lord!
    Yes, I'm a Christian.
    If this bugs ya -
    don't read my messages

mamey69 is offline Quiero Cerveza!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Let´s go more slowly

first HU do you prefer some brands? alpine pioneer clarion eclipse?

have you figured some comps for your front?

sub and amp combination??

you can show us what have you been thinking and the we can give you opinions abouut everything you choose...

good luck in your search..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To be honest, i do not prefer any sort of name brand. But i do know that i want subwoofer control on the head unit, and to have one where my power antennae is up for radio and down for CD. Other than that, good quality and loudness all around if possible. Also, i'll need to get something to prevent rattle in my trunk. (and just out of curiosity, can i do 2 -12"s and 2 - 15"s 12"s for rap 15"s for bass CDs? - and switch back and forth between them without getting out of my car to unplug and plug?

Praise The Lord!
    Yes, I'm a Christian.
    If this bugs ya -
    don't read my messages

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, um, to be honest, i was hoping you guys would give me some ideas and prices, but i guess i didn't explain it the way i thought it. Not sure, anyway, prices and ideas for whats good and whats not are very welcome

Praise The Lord!
    Yes, I'm a Christian.
    If this bugs ya -
    don't read my messages

Closed Thread