Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Hi there. New here, looking for some help building/reworking my new system!

xdeadpixel is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon7 Hi there. New here, looking for some help building/reworking my new system!

Hi there..had a friend a while back recommend this site, thought I'd check it out once I got a system.

And I just got one. But it needs some tweaking, bad.

I just bought my car about a month ago, and then the subs a few weeks ago. So before I do anything else I don't want, let me ask the experts :P If you need to see pics, I have a few pics of everything on my myspace page at www.myspace.com/unfors4k3n . And, my budget for all upgrades and everything I'll need is about $700. Possibly more, depending on the BFYB.

I have a 95 Eagle Vision. It came with a ****** sony xplode head unit. It came with good stock speakers, but nothing to compare with my subs. I found a good deal on Craigs List for 2 Good Condition Type-R's in a sealed ****** bassworx box. It also came with a great condition pdx 1.600 mono block amp. I had my friend hook all the wires and subs up cuz I don't know that stuff..and it sounds great! But, I want it to sound better.

First off, the door speakers. I need 6x9's and 6 1/2's (thats what my friend said, not sure if thats the correct size) which are pretty good. I have about $250 to spend for everything, including cables and stuff. I'm in metro phoenix if anybody knows any good dealers, otherwise I'll buy online. What are some good recommendations and tips to hook them up?

Second off, the bass. It's wonderful. BUT, it doesn't hit lower lows, and that pisses me off. I should have got 15's. Oh well, I got a good deal. Anyway, what I want to do is buy another single 15" and power it with another amp. Could that work? Besides that though, no other complaints.

Thirdly, the amp. Is that pdx 1.600 mono block strong enough to power both of those? I want to milk these babies for every last drop, without killin em quickly.

Fourth, the box. Which is the way to go? Ported? Or is my small sealed box good? What difference would I make?

Then theres the battery. I think I need an additional one, or a capacitor..because my headlights are way dim now. :P Also, sometimes it seems like my subs need a little more power boost after a long period of heavy, and I heard thats what a capacitor is good for.

And finally, the hookups. Is there any tips that you guys have when hooking everything up? Like common mistakes that could significantly change performance?

Thanks for reading everybody, and I greatly appreciate any help!

xdeadpixel is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Hi there. New here, looking for some help building/reworking my new system!

Anybody please?

Closed Thread

User Tag List