Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Sound deadening suggestions/suggestions on box problem

cheeto is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sound deadening suggestions/suggestions on box problem

I got my SD2.515 installed a little while ago and I love it, that thing wangs for 600w. My only problem now is I've officially gone crazy with all the little rattles I get from it. The panel that goes over my jack rattles a little bit, I had to ziptie the third row seat seatbelts down, etc. My question is this... Will I be able to just sound deaden the part over the head liner where it rattles the worst? What kind should I get for this? I figure if I'm just gonna do that spot over the headliner I'll just go with Damplifier.

Oh and my other problem - when I turn it up loud, the box vibrates to the back of my car. ****ing annoys me. Anyway, what's the best solution for that other than screwing it down? I was thinking of making a little L shaped thingy to use like a hook and put it between the gap of the second and third row seats (id get pics but my camera is a dickbutt). My only problem is I don't know how much more annoying *** noise that would give me. Any suggestions here too?

15" Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection
    Custom Box, 5.3 f^3 @ 38 hz
    Old Kenwood amp

loudcartunez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Sound deadening suggestions/suggestions on box problem

is it ur box that is moving when the bass hits? if so the box isnt built that well i would go and caulk the box might help?? and if the box slides when u hit the brakes ect... u can either get some 2sided velcro if the box isnt that heavy or u could screw some 2x4s or whateva size to the body and place ur box ontop of that and screw it to the 2x4s

04 Mazda 6 dropped on speed wheels
    1 soundstream t4-15 ported threw rear deck
    concept 2410d
    o2 4 channel
    jl 4 channel
    three 6" prv audio one 8" prv audio mids and tweeter in each door
    refs
    http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=13530
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278829
    http://www.realmofexcursion.com/forum.html

cheeto is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Sound deadening suggestions/suggestions on box problem

Quote Originally Posted by loudcartunez View Post
    is it ur box that is moving when the bass hits? if so the box isnt built that well i would go and caulk the box might help?? and if the box slides when u hit the brakes ect... u can either get some 2sided velcro if the box isnt that heavy or u could screw some 2x4s or whateva size to the body and place ur box ontop of that and screw it to the 2x4s
    I caulked the whole thing with silicone, made sure of that. It just vibrates the whole box when I drive and the bass is up. I don't wanna drill anything into the car, wanna keep it completley stock (aside from the wires and head unit lol)

15" Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection
    Custom Box, 5.3 f^3 @ 38 hz
    Old Kenwood amp

Closed Thread