Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Looking to upgrade system & want advice..

TightInn is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Looking to upgrade system & want advice..

Hey...First time posting here. I've got a pretty good system in my car (2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R) right now:

Aftermarket Tweeters (Linked To Head Unit)
    JBL BP1200.1 Mono Class D Amplifier
    2 12" Audiobahn 700 Watt RMS High Excursion Subwoofers In Custom Box (Linked To JBL Amp)
    2 5 1/4" Sony Xplod 3 Way 40 Watts RMS Speakers (Rear, linked to Sony Amp)
    2 5 1/4" Infinity Reference 75 Watts RMS Component Speakers (Front, linkd to Sony Amp)
    Sony Xplod 800w (300w RMS) 4 Channel AMp
    Pioneer DEHP7400MP High Power MP3/CD Player 200 Watts Max
    Xtreme Dynamatted Most of The Trunk
    Xtreme Dynamatted Speakers Up Front

...and I'm considering adding a couple things to it. I've got a spare DEI Directed 600d Amp that I couldn't sell and I was considering to have it power 2 8 or 10" subs, and I also have 2 more Sony Xplod 5 1/4" Speakers and I was thinking about getting a custom box for them and putting them somewhere in the back and putting the deck speakers on channel 4, the boxed rear speakers in channel 3 and the components up front on channels 1 and 2. I also have some spare dynamatting that I could use to improve the sound quality of my speakers a little more.

Anyways, my questions are: what is the best way to do these upgrades? Will they work the way I plan it? Do I need to buy anything else to be able to power everything? What brands should I buy for the subs? Where should I go to get 4 good custom boxes to fit into my trunk nicely? Where should I get the boxes for my speakers? How much is all this going to cost me? And I think that's about it...Any help is appreciated...

Matador is offline -= StillBumping =-

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the speakers in the back would prob get muffled bet the subs n highs in the front. i believe it also ruins stagin.

if u tell us ur budget it would be easier for us to help u out

Eclipse CD5444
    Momo MM6
    Arc Audio CXL-2100
    1 12'' RE HC
    Memphis MC-1000D

www.angelfire.com/falcon/matador updated 5/02/03
    matador@caraudio.com

TightInn is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I have about $1,200 right now, but I wanted to get some performance mods first. I don't have the slightest clue how much all this will cost me, though I'm not really willing to spend much over $500.

Closed Thread