Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Help me with my new system!

blackrob99 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Help me with my new system!

Hey guys,

I finally scraped together the cash I need to get my new system! Awhile ago, I posted on the forums and asked you guys to come up with a list of the best system with a $1500 budget. Now that I have the money, I can buy it. Here's what it looks like:

Head unit - Clarion DB625MP - $190

Front speakers - Kicker Resolution RS6 component speakers - $190

Speaker amplifier - US Acoustics USX2080 - $83

Sub - 2 x Adire Audio Shiva - $125 x 2

Sub Amplifier - JBL BP1200.1 - $270

Now I have a few questions. First of all, are the above components the best I can get for my money? Tell me if you would change any of the above if something is a better value. Secondly, what other stuff do I need to buy? I remember having to get stuff like kick panel enclosures, subwoofer enclosure, wiring, etc. How much will all that cost? Next, how much would professional installation for all this cost (is my estimate of ~$300 about right?). Lastly, will this system sound great even though my car is an old 1990 Toyota Camry?

Thanks! Your help is always much appreciated

Jdg784 is offline Yep..I'm God

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You really shouldn't have that professionally installed, it's not a hard job at all and imagine saving that 300$. The only thing that you might need help on is the box if you don't have the tools/time. Just ask the members on the board, we'll help you get it all set up

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What about the kicker panels? I talked to another board member awhile ago, and he said he attempted to make his own kicker panels and it turned out pretty horribly. Since I know nothing about car audio, I figure it would be better to not mess up a big job like this and to just leave it to professionals.

Jdg784 is offline Yep..I'm God

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well it would all be relatively easy if you're even the slightest bit handy. The kickpanels are more fiberglassing related than car audio. They just take time and practice, but you can buy pre-made kick panels. Kick panels are nice, but you can install the components in your doors and be fine.

Matador is offline -= StillBumping =-

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    u dont really need kickpanels, but u prob need some experience or the will to work w fiberglass. u can customize ur door panel to have th midranges/tweeters aim to the other person.
    u would need wires, fuse holder n all that stuff. prob if u get a kit ~$60 (just a guess) check out knukonceptz.com
    then box, if u buy a prefabricated one theyll prob charge u like $80-$100.

n just some bad news, the shivas are out of stock now, n i tihnk they said taht theyll take a while to have them in stock again.

dunno about kicker components, but there r a lot of good components out there, such as boston acoustics, focal, infinity, mb quart, diamon, cdt, crystal. they can get pretty price. but that kicker one should do.

Eclipse CD5444
    Momo MM6
    Arc Audio CXL-2100
    1 12'' RE HC
    Memphis MC-1000D

www.angelfire.com/falcon/matador updated 5/02/03
    matador@caraudio.com

BDIDDY is offline Sittin' Slick

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why not instead of 2 shiva's get 2 se's or a brahma. You would not be dissapointed. And if you save that money from the professional install get a Better Audio 1600. If you have any questions about that amp pm abcdefg because he has got it. I have heard it on his 3 k's. Pretty nice amp for that cheap of a price.

"Just have to remember to take everything in stride, and don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today because there might not be a tomorrow. " <---- RAMOS

Profliepower is the funniest guy ever...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone willing to help me out over AIM? I'm a total car audio newbie, so I would appreciate it if someone could go through this with me step by step and answer all my questions. Thanks

ASDF12345 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by blackrob99
    Anyone willing to help me out over AIM? I'm a total car audio newbie, so I would appreciate it if someone could go through this with me step by step and answer all my questions. Thanks

whatchu need doggie...

capodonzoni

Closed Thread