Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: New Guy :(

kHaled is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New Guy :(

Hey guys I am a new guy on the block with all this stuff I went to visit my bros place that he was renting out for a few weeks while he was visiting the area casue he lives back east and I loved his system that he had in his car it was amazing, I have no idea what was in it but I soon talked to him about it he said he had 2 subs in the car 4 tweekers for the highs and 2 mids and I had no idea what he was talking about so I asked him what subs and sub wiffers and mids and tweekers all were so he went in and told me so if you guys could help me if getting me an amazing system with a thump here and there with some what of a reasonable price that would be awsome. I have some what of an idea is to what I want to do, but right now I just need some good ideas with what I should get with a link here or there with a decent price. money isn't a concern right now I think I have enough but if you guys could give me a hand that would be the best.

Thanks
    kHaled

paikiah is offline Wangaholic

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: New Guy :(

Originally posted by kHaled
    Hey guys I am a new guy on the block with all this stuff I went to visit my bros place that he was renting out for a few weeks while he was visiting the area casue he lives back east and I loved his system that he had in his car it was amazing, I have no idea what was in it but I soon talked to him about it he said he had 2 subs in the car 4 tweekers for the highs and 2 mids and I had no idea what he was talking about so I asked him what subs and sub wiffers and mids and tweekers all were so he went in and told me so if you guys could help me if getting me an amazing system with a thump here and there with some what of a reasonable price that would be awsome. I have some what of an idea is to what I want to do, but right now I just need some good ideas with what I should get with a link here or there with a decent price. money isn't a concern right now I think I have enough but if you guys could give me a hand that would be the best.

Thanks
    kHaled

hmm, never enogh cash, Khaled...

you could buy a single sub worth $700 retail... amps that are worth thousands of dollars.. and that's BEFORE talking about the $2000 Denon CD player....

state your estimated budget, what car, what kind of music you listen to and if you want it louder(SPL) rather than quality(SQ), then the thread can hit off...

Team Caraudio

Sony C90, 210 EQ
    Seas 27TDF/C, RE XXX 6.5, custom xo (dyn 240GT sitting idle)
    RF 60.2 amp
    eD A15.22
    Soundstream picasso 1400.1D

Bass drive-by's are uncool.

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    first things first,

1) what kind of car is this going into??
    2) what are your goals SPL(sound pressure) Sq(sound quality) or Sql( a mix of both sound pressure and sound quality)
    3) literally how much are you willing to spend.

i ask those b/c if you want some serious Sq you can go with say a Denon 3grand head unit, with a set of Rainbow Reference 6.5" componets with 1" tweeter's Zapco c2k 3.0 amplifier to run them and your already talking 10 grand just for that. then not to mention the subwoofers and amps lol. this is the highest of high end car audio though IMO. so let us know what your goals are what actual limit you have and what kind of car we can help ya out my man. also if you wanted to work some details out now i will be on AOL for prolly 20 min or so hit me up i'd be glad to help.

adam

p.s.-welcome to an addiction worse than crack but more fun!!!

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok

ok guys well sorry I guess I wasn't even thinking about that stuff heres all the good stuff...

first off responding to paikiah:

1) state your estimated budget...
    to tell you the truth I will be whilling to spend up to 5/6G for anything but if there happens to be something more I will most deff work my way tward that goal.

2)what car...
    probably a honda, jetta or eclipse

3)what kind of music you listen to...
    I will probably listen to rap or rock something with a good bass sound with a thump or two

4)louder or more quality...
    I want it to be loud quality music loud but good music on top of that not static! lol, loud but good.

now responding to bumpin_blazer:

I think I answered it all already :P

That looks like all of the questions if I missed anything make sure that you say something thanks so much guys, and adam lol, ja really... but it seems worth it.

thanks guys
    Carrington
    Last edited by kHaled; 04-10-2003 at 04:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: ok

[
    to tell you the truth I will be whilling to spend up to 50,000 for anything but if there happens to be something more I will most deff work my way tward that goal.

probably a honda or jetta

I will probably listen to rap or rock something with a good bass sound with a thump or two

I want it to be loud quality music loud but good music on top of that not static! lol, loud but good.
    SO you want a system that's worth about 3 times your car? hmmm...

well, I've got it figured out already....

headunit : Denon Z1

Amp : Zapco 4kw (sub amp) X 2
    Soundstream Tarantula series 4 channel or McIntosh MC440

Subs: 2 X DD 9717 ( or was that the 9917?)

speakers: Dynaudio all round

Alternator: 2 X 200amp

Battery : 4 X optima yellow-top ( you don't need all 4, but trying to fill 50,000)

I dunno if I missed anything, but the weight of these equipments alone will flatten your honda...

Erm... if you didn't notice, there is a hint of sarcasm in my post...

seriously, $50,000 for a system in a honda or Jetta? I would believe your budget if you said in a larger, quieter car...

be realistic... maybe $5000? That'd still be a very expensive system to start with... to spend 50,000 on the system of a honda... don't know if any demp vehicel has had 50,000 invested in their cars either...

so let's set it at maybe 5G, with a bit of slack either way?

with 5G's, I'd get the TV loaded Alpine deck, Zapco C2K 9.0, Zapco reference 4 channel, 2 X 12" brahma subs, MB quart QSD's or focals, and an image dynamics horn....

acutally, amongst all that, I've not seen nor heard MB quart's Q series or brahma subs... but I trust they will be awesome...

Team Caraudio

Sony C90, 210 EQ
    RF 60.2 amp
    eD A15.22

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ok thats fine I was being a lil sarcastic when I did say 50k though that is a lil much for a system why not just get a bigger car to put it in, but thats what I was being sarcastic about but anyways see the thing is I am looken into cars as well right now as well, but is what you suggested a decent amount of money for a good system I was looken around @ the eclipse speakers and amps seeing that they were enexspensive and very good turn outs from clients that ordered and installed them along with the subs and woofers. get back to me asap, thanks

Carrington

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by kHaled
    ok thats fine I was being a lil sarcastic when I did say 50k though that is a lil much for a system why not just get a bigger car to put it in, but thats what I was being sarcastic about but anyways see the thing is I am looken into cars as well right now as well, but is what you suggested a decent amount of money for a good system I was looken around @ the eclipse speakers and amps seeing that they were enexspensive and very good turn outs from clients that ordered and installed them along with the subs and woofers. get back to me asap, thanks

Carrington
    eclipse... I believe they are mid to low, if I'm not mistaken... you could get better for those prices, I'm sure... and a bit extra on each component might get you a fantastic system... besides, not use getting super duper stuff if the install is bad...

so, why not, again, have specific price range for stuff?

headunit, component speakers, amp for comps, subs, amp for subs...

Team Caraudio

Sony C90, 210 EQ
    RF 60.2 amp
    eD A15.22

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    alright 5g's to spend on a car.

head unit- Eclipser 8053, or Denon Z1 if you wanna be the biggest baller you'll ever see
    speakers- Adire Audio 6.1 comps are better than both MB quart and Focal's
    Subs- Adire Brahma or Elemental Designs A series 12"s
    highs amp- zapco c2k 4.0 bridged
    sub amp- zapco c2k 9.0

that will get you one of the best system's i could think of out there for sheer impressiveness and awesome Sql system. that's around 5 grand i guess, 2 grand for the 9.0, 600 for the 4.0, 600 for the Ed A 12"s or almost 800 for the brahma's, 350 for comps, and 2 grand for h/u. alright thats closer to 6 grand but that'll get you awesome stuff then just a 5grand install and your set.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"

DonKing is offline Mississippi... YEAH!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by bumpin_blazer
    alright 5g's to spend on a car.

Denon Z1 if you wanna be the biggest baller you'll ever see

adam
    enlighten me, WHY is that the best HU???

im not trying to be a jerk by any means but i like mine better....

:: 95' s10 ::
    :: Pioneer AVH-7480DVD/NAV. w/XM ::
    :: JL XR525-CSi ::
    :: JL XR650-CSi ::
    :: JL 300/4 ::
    :: JL 1000/1 (2) ::
    :: JL 12w7 (2) ::

"Rollin...Three hub caps cause one got stolen"

Y'all n!ggaz ain't crunk
    Y'all n!ggaz don't bump
    Y'all can't blow out the trunk
    Y'all n!ggaz ain't crunk

"All these n!gga's got to fight one, all these hoe's got to like one, my situation is a tight one, whats u gonna do fight or run"

AIM= FLoppy1O or Dual12w7s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    your comaring a Z1 to your pioneer?? that isn't a good comparison have you ever seen a Denon Z1??

adam

DonKing is offline Mississippi... YEAH!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by bumpin_blazer
    your comaring a Z1 to your pioneer?? that isn't a good comparison have you ever seen a Denon Z1??

adam
    yea i just looked at one....it was silver with a knob one the left and a few buttons on the right...and no im not comparing them performance or money wise at all....why is a Z1 so special??? thats all im tryin to ask.....

o and whats wrong with my pioneer???

:: 95' s10 ::
    :: Pioneer AVH-7480DVD/NAV. w/XM ::
    :: JL XR525-CSi ::
    :: JL XR650-CSi ::
    :: JL 300/4 ::
    :: JL 1000/1 (2) ::
    :: JL 12w7 (2) ::

"Rollin...Three hub caps cause one got stolen"

Y'all n!ggaz ain't crunk
    Y'all n!ggaz don't bump
    Y'all can't blow out the trunk
    Y'all n!ggaz ain't crunk

"All these n!gga's got to fight one, all these hoe's got to like one, my situation is a tight one, whats u gonna do fight or run"

AIM= FLoppy1O or Dual12w7s

97cavy is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well if im not mistaken, ur pioneer only has 1 bit d/a converters, and the denon unit has 24 bit. I believe this relates the the s/q of the unit, but im not 100% sure

96 blazer
    8 Fi Q 15''s
    2 SS 6500's
    5 NSB 125's

Refs:
    MK3XXX, T3 Audios 160db Jeep, TPRJ5, Awp122, 91Lacdeville, duece212, boister77, BuddyChrist, Safe_Cracker, JCP, Saywhat?, ProjectPat06, SqHertz, MuddinXJ, emd2260, terra, loudcartunez

Wonderbread is offline Against Avatar Theft

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it has soooo many features...
    full copper shielding to block out unwatned interference...
    multi-24 bit DAC,
    8V balanced transmission system
    pure silver connectors at every turn
    4V preouts, Burr Brown
    switchable analog/digital Aux input
    115dB signal to noise ratio
    quartz clock...
    lol.

MSN - pnenis@hotmail.com
    Add me if you have any questions!
    Quote Originally Posted by PT Teal
    I woke up one morning and found a cop at my door telling me he found my car on fire in the middle of the desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanerupper View Post
    Some people have told me that the chrome reflects sunlight, therefore the amp doesn't get as hot as others. Is this true?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Wonderbread
    it has soooo many features...
    full copper shielding to block out unwatned interference...
    multi-24 bit DAC,
    8V balanced transmission system
    pure silver connectors at every turn
    4V preouts, Burr Brown
    switchable analog/digital Aux input
    115dB signal to noise ratio
    quartz clock...
    lol.
    oh yeah, I need me a quartz clock... I'd pay $1000 for that.....:p

Team Caraudio

Sony C90, 210 EQ
    RF 60.2 amp
    eD A15.22

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    if you don't have the grand for it then don't talk about it simple as that. if all your going to do is diss it then don't talk about it. the denon is the best h/u in my opinion or the Mcintosh whatever the model # is i can't remember.

adam

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast