OJ Simpson 32 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tips; starting from scratch

Ok, just got the new HU:

After being totally jacked I am replacing everything again. I need to get away cheaply & get maybe half the power I had before (I had about 2,ooo watts before).

I am debating on two 10" tubes. Any ideas anyone? Amps? What wattage? What speakers sound good in tubes if there is a difference. What is the most wattage I can get out of 10"s?

venom107 is offline The Graveyard Shift

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets see

For the money Profile amps are great. They put out exactly what they say and are a lot cheaper than any other amps of that quality. I've also asked the question about 10" bass tubes and a lot of people have told me to avoid them. I'm not sure why but thats what they've said. You will get a lot more volume and SQ out of a good ported box. I've also seen tubes that have built in amps but there is one drawback, THEY ARE A RIP-OFF. So dont go there. I'm not sure about the subs. But at least now you know about a good amp for cheap Profile. There website is Profileusa.com I think. Anyways check it out and see what you might want and then go to some online stores which are even cheaper and pick one up. I got a true 800watt profile amp off of ebay for $110 shipped to my door. Best $100 bucks I've ever spent. Hope I helped.

1996 Toyota Camry LE Gold Edition (customized)
    HU- Alpine CDA-9805
    Front-6 1/2 Alpine SPR-17LP
    Rear-6 1/2 Alpine SPR-17LP
    Subs- Audiobahn AW1200Q
    Amps- mids and highs 4 channel alpine 25rms X 4.
    Amps-Sub U.S Acoustics USX800D
    Custom Slot Ported Box
    Tuned to 30 Hz

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I am definitely on a budge & if I am lucky could be able to spend $100-$200 every two weeks.

I am trying to get something that is snug in the back of my truck & hard to see. The last two boxes I had in my truck looked like I was carrying 2 computer boxes.

Can 10" speakers do the job as far as getting the bass out?

Radar is offline Old balls

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about the EDk series? they have 10" subs for a good price right now. I like your choice of HU, i use pioneer too and i havent had a problem with it yet.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/ep/products.htm

Once i get some money im going to go with a pair of EDk 12's with a Nine.1

venom107 is offline The Graveyard Shift

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may sound stupid

The best bass i've ever heard outta 10's blew away most 12's. It was a dual 10" Audiobahn in a Bandpass enlcosure yes I KNOW ABOUT BANDPASS and what most people think but for some music especially rap Bandpass can get it done. Here's a link just go to enclosures.
    http://www.audiobahninc.com/frameset.html
    They also have bass tubes if your still interested in that. As far as SQ Audiobahn has none but not many subs can go toe to toe with them in SPL. There is a dual 10" in a bandpass here at a local pawn shop for $150 bucks. Thats really cheap for two 10's and a box. So for like $270 you could have two 10's in a box with a nice profile amp.

1996 Toyota Camry LE Gold Edition (customized)
    HU- Alpine CDA-9805
    Front-6 1/2 Alpine SPR-17LP
    Rear-6 1/2 Alpine SPR-17LP
    Subs- Audiobahn AW1200Q
    Amps- mids and highs 4 channel alpine 25rms X 4.
    Amps-Sub U.S Acoustics USX800D
    Custom Slot Ported Box
    Tuned to 30 Hz

Randy Savage is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 RE SE 10" and a JBL 1200.1, will be under $500, build your own nice small sealed box, about 2-2.5 cubes, will sound great and get loud.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so I have nothing but my stock front & middle speakers. What order should I buy these items:

Subs
    Amps
    tweeters
    eq
    crossover

limitkid7 is offline sell wite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Lets see

Originally posted by venom107
    For the money Profile amps are great. They put out exactly what they say and are a lot cheaper than any other amps of that quality. I've also asked the question about 10" bass tubes and a lot of people have told me to avoid them. I'm not sure why but thats what they've said. You will get a lot more volume and SQ out of a good ported box. I've also seen tubes that have built in amps but there is one drawback, THEY ARE A RIP-OFF. So dont go there. I'm not sure about the subs. But at least now you know about a good amp for cheap Profile. There website is Profileusa.com I think. Anyways check it out and see what you might want and then go to some online stores which are even cheaper and pick one up. I got a true 800watt profile amp off of ebay for $110 shipped to my door. Best $100 bucks I've ever spent. Hope I helped.
    i agree profile amps - via ike sound (i have used the new model- i'm impressed).

so you're thinking about 10s, well how about 1 10 ported?
    need specific examples of subs and amps ?

---
    White Dodge Charger 3.5L V6
    Diablo Predator

Alpine d310 TV
    Set of Focal Polyglass 6.5 Comps
    Set of Infinity Perfect 6.5 Comps
    1 JL Audio 300.4
    1 JL Audio 1000.1
    2 9510 mtx subs

Diabolic is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having installed three different Profile Clarus amps, I have this to say about them:

* GREAT sound quality and clarity. Far above many higher priced amps.

* Definitely puts out the full rated power.

* Reliability is questionable. Of the three, one amp (CL600) went completely out after three months (possibly due to an underpowered alternator causing DC), one amp lost a channel (CL1200) under normal operation after six months, and one amp (CL440SX) is still going strong after a year.

They are a great bang-for-the-buck amp and I would still recommend them to anyone on a budget, with the above cautions about reliability. I don't know what the margin of failure is for these amps, so it's entirely possible that the two failures were simply bad luck.

For whatever it's worth, the most reliable amps I have installed personally are JBL (4) and Diamond (around 14-16 installs). ZERO failures from either brand so far!

Closed Thread