Closed Thread

Reload Thread: audiocontrol Epicenter??

Hoodlum007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

audiocontrol Epicenter??

i am always looking to get more and deeper bass. someone told me that a audio control epicenter would add tons of deep bass to my system. Then someone else told me that it does not add any bass to songs that have bass only helps on songs that dont have good bass and that i can pop or burn my subs if i use it on rap music, is this true? and what can i expect from it?

dave_3148 is offline fuggun "a" man!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it wouldnt give you deeper bass. just fine tune it a bit for betetr sq.

neonak is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    partly true i think, adding such does device is more a way to focus on a certain frequenty of bass, ofcourse most of them have a +24db screw / switch which I think adds a little power to the bass altho im still not quite sure that its healthy to my amp.

I added a caliber filter to have remote control and fixture the bass a bit, this device has some switches on the device itself (invert, phrase, eq on/off and -12db / 24db wheel) but on the remote controll unit i have freq. level and eq, when i peak my level to the max at the right frequency for the music played i can focus my bass with my eq wheel (2 to 20) to either focus on a piece of bass (hard and deep) or on a wide piece of bass (hits after it hits and gives more rattling... only use higher numbers on drum and bass music)

If you ask me it certainly adds something, if its power i dunno... gives a better bass for sure.

Small note if you gonna do so, make sure that the device u buy has equal or better filtering options then your amp. With this I mean that you should not buy an phoenix gold or mtx amp and add (example) and caliber filter because while doing so you actually by pass any hp/lp settings that are set on the amp and are mostly NOT using the amps filtering options (amp should be set to no xover with almost no level and almost no frequency). Just make sure that the best device is doing the filtering and bare in mind that in addition to your question its a + and + meaning that if you put the amp level at max and the epicenter at its max you will easily blow ur stuff uuppppppppp.

gl

Closed Thread