Closed Thread

Reload Thread: So I went to my local B&M today...

audioholic is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

So I went to my local B&M today...

They usually have the same old junk, they like to push Memphis as the 'best'. Well I noticed today they had a box displayed, in the back, that had a couple ImageDynamics subs before. I cant remember the last time I met anyone locally who had even heard of ID, so i decided to ask them about it. The guy proceeds to tell me that ID does make "pretty good" stuff, but Memphis "sounds better" and is "priced better" so they cant move the ID stuff.

I inquire further, he says "yeah we even had some of those IDQMaxes at the other store, couldn't sell them at $499". Doesn't know the model number, and couldn't sell Max's at $500 a pop local price? That is ridiculous. So I asked if he had any experience with the new IDQ's, he said "no, those new baskets are weak and prone to breaking alot, I doubt I'll buy any of those".

So, if anyone from ID is reading this, your 'distributor' in central Cali, Lombard's Auto Sounds, isn't doing you guys any favors.

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

casper97ta is offline IM HERE FOR THE GANG BANG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: So I went to my local B&M today...

Wow, Way to really push a product huh.

H.U- Alpine IVA-D310
    clarion EQS746 EQ
    Front stage- PPI 356CS
    Front amp- Exile S400.4
    Sub-
    Sub amp-
    NSB100

REFS :pimpedout97x,Mike Dressure(x3),hc3_cuz,keefy248,seagrasser,Gammey4,p hillipcyoung,Hawaiian5(x2),Dumpin Treos,delvryboy, xtremebassjunky,All_Rice,AgEnT,96MaxGLE,kurtdirt1, Louisiana_CRX,wu501,REDLINEZ33,vxboi,mrogowski,Zeu slicious,LazyRider

Quote Originally Posted by cotjones View Post
    you have to admit the equalizers do seem to make 1 watt sound like 2 (1000 watts from a jl sounds way louder than 1000 from an alpine or rockford or many other brands)

AudioXtremes is offline Team FatStig

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At what point will people on here realize that B & M stores arent as smart as audioholic thinks he is.

TEAM FATSTIG
    Cause I just gotta be me!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AudioXtremes View Post
    At what point will people on here realize that B & M stores arent as smart as audioholic thinks he is.

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AudioXtremes View Post
    Guess you've never been to a real dealer, then

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimJ View Post
    Guess you've never been to a real dealer, then
    I use to live in Daytona Beach, dealt alot with the local B&M that helps sponsor/produce SBN every year. Soundcrafters. VERY smart people, very professional, several guys there I highly respect. But B&M's like that are few and far between it seems.

Closed Thread