Closed Thread

Reload Thread: need help deciding what to do next....

skunk is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

need help deciding what to do next....

I just found this site after settign up my forst car-audio system. I drive a 1995 Camry and upgraded the following components:

Pioneer Premier DEH-P350 Head Unit
    Sony Explode 6.5"door speakers with 1" tweets
    Pioneer 6x9's (not sure which model but they have metalic purple tweeters and pearl finish)
    Rockford Fosgate 450S Power series amp. (running subs only)
    2 12" Cerwin vega HED subs (cheap!)
    2 guage power wires
    Stinger RCA's

Now there are a few problems....first I need an amp. for my front speakers and I'm not sure wheather to go for anothe Fosgate or whether I should go for something a bit cleaner SQ like a US amps. Also i'm not sure how much power I will need. The next step is to replace the Sony door speakers because they are crap and I know it (had them from another car). I'm thinking about Bostons or Infinity's up front but I've been told that I should also look a Rockford Fosgate's.

The next problem is trunk noise....Most of tyhe noise was attributed to the piece of the trunk that holds the word "Camry" so I removed it and siliconed it and that helped alot but the trunk still makes tons of noise. I know Dynamat is overpriced but what else can I use?? I've heard of a spayable foam but I have some reservations about selling the car later on with the trunk full of foam. Will this foam interfere with the factory wiring?? Not sure where to go on this issue.

The last thing i want to find out about is Caps. My lights dim with the one 450 RMS Fosgate and im gonna add another amp so I'm wondering if anyone knows if 1995 Camry's have big enough alternators to support a Cap. And if a cap will solve the problem of the lights dimming.

I'm a newby to all this im looking for anyones opinion on any of these questions. I would also like to hear general opinions on my first system. keep in mind I did want to start sort-of entry level hence the HED's ect.
    Last edited by skunk; 04-04-2003 at 08:41 PM.

"the only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it"

Closed Thread

User Tag List