+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Reload Thread: How to properly make a ground!!!!!

Papaloads is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: How to properly make a ground!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Worlddre View Post
    if you could take a pic of that relay untaped that would be great because im not seeing a reason to have a relay period in your current situation.

If that ground is where i think it is in the trunk of that vehicle then he is on the frame or very close to it and definately part of the unified chassis. I would def remove that paint asap it will likely assist in your atl whine issue. Also what gauge wiring was used for your ground wires...i cannot tell by the picture but it looks an awful lot like 8gauge for both if that is the case im going to need you to upgrade that as well. As for the saftey issue do whatever you feel is safest. I personally never disconnect batt terminals unless unplugging airbag harnesses. As for the distroblock i strongly suggest you purchase a decent distro block and run at least 2ga to the rear of that car and then split to at least 4ga to the 1000/1 and the kicker. As for the big 3 upgrade i would also do atelast 2ga if not 1/0. The wiring in your vehicle seems more lazy then anything else or like someone was attempting to quickly complete the install.

I'll definitely take a picture of the relay without tape tomorrow during the day.

The gauge of the wire for the two amp grounds is 4 gauge. as for the ground used in that Bosch relay thing its a very small wire probably the same size as a remote wire.

I think I'm going to follow your advice and upgrade the power wire gauge and distro block.

Do you recommend any places that sell these wires and distro blocks(any recommendations on specific brands)? home depot? or something like that?

thank you very much for your response
    Last edited by Papaloads; 02-26-2008 at 11:33 PM. Reason: forgot to thank him for responding

Worlddre is offline Big Darkie

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a light gauge relay ground is fineas they only need about 500milliamps of current to energize

"humility in the face of overwhelming genius will obviously amount to hypocrisy"

Th3pWn3r is offline Post Number: 99,999

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Instead of using a ring terminal use an actual grounding terminal such as the Streetwires GT20.

Refs:Scissors,DrivingReckless,MassiveAudioCw,Blue2 00SX,QtrHorse,Jack0409,Toxic Tuan and many, many more.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281226

^My feedback link.

Bipolar is offline Certifiably Insane

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What is the absolute longest my ground wire should be? I cant seem to find a good grounding point anywhere and not sure how long my ground wire should be..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if grounding in the trunk, hatch or away from the batt no more then 3ft...i running a dedicated ground length does not matter

"humility in the face of overwhelming genius will obviously amount to hypocrisy"

mledez is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't remember exactly the user manual... But I read somewhere that for setups with more than 800 WRMS, is recomended to take the ground directly from the - of the battery...

Is this right ??? What do you think?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

not at all necesary

mledez is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Worlddre View Post
    not at all necesary
    But, If I take the ground from the battery... Do the cable be less than 3ft ? Or it doesn't matter?

ultimate157 is offline Engineering Student

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mledez View Post
    But, If I take the ground from the battery... Do the cable be less than 3ft ? Or it doesn't matter?
    Doesn't matter.

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLI VR6
    Source: Pioneer 880 PRS *Active
    Tweeters: Soon to be Hat Imagine
    Midrange: Soon to be Hat Imagine
    Sub: 15" SSA Icon
    Box: 2.5^3 Sealed
    Amp: Soundstream Tarantula 2kW

Feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278169

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if going to the batt it does not matter as the reasoning for keeping grounds in the rear under three ft is to reduce resistance caused by the length of the wire...the direct batt ground removes that resistance in itself

Tehgregzor is offline Enjoys loud noises.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mledez View Post
    I don't remember exactly the user manual... But I read somewhere that for setups with more than 800 WRMS, is recomended to take the ground directly from the - of the battery...

Is this right ??? What do you think?

Well the grounding to the - side of the battery is the BEST ground. It will always be better than ANY sanded metal. Because when you attach that wire to the frame...guess where it ends up. Thats right, the - side of the battery. So might as well skip all the frame and just use nice thick dedicated wire for your ground. Of course, its no miracle worker, but going from a ****** ground to a superior ground can make some difference.

95 Trans Am Convertible
    LT1 Corvette Motor
    My brand new project. Literally the most stock system i've had since 16.

rangrang is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Missing Pokemon Figures, Help!!

I am in need of 10 different pokemon figures. I am missing Pupitar, Pineco, Snover, Azelf, Golem, Ralts, Claydol, Aron, Zapdos, and Budew. I was thinking about buying a collection from this LDU Company in China but I really don't need 288 pokemon figures, and that is the smallest collection that I see them listing on their website www.LDUcompany.com

I am trying to find a place to buy just the ten that I need. Has anyone ever bought pokemon characters from this LDU website? Oh yeah, here is a link to the page with all the pokemons http://www.liangdianup.com/pokemons_1.htm

Any ideas please post and let me know

dragnix is offline LXIX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Re: Missing Pokemon Figures, Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by rangrang View Post
    I am in need of 10 different pokemon figures. I am missing Pupitar, Pineco, Snover, Azelf, Golem, Ralts, Claydol, Aron, Zapdos, and Budew. I was thinking about buying a collection from this LDU Company in China but I really don't need 288 pokemon figures, and that is the smallest collection that I see them listing on their website www.LDUcompany.com

I am trying to find a place to buy just the ten that I need. Has anyone ever bought pokemon characters from this LDU website? Oh yeah, here is a link to the page with all the pokemons http://www.liangdianup.com/pokemons_1.htm

Any ideas please post and let me know
    damn, spam posts in threads now?

Memphis Bangin is offline Straight Savage

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What if you drilled your hole for the tap in screw...and when you screw the screw in it doesn't catch? It gets all the way in put just keeps twisting?

theothermike is offline I HAVE NO LIFE, CA = LIFE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this is supposely lots of bad info. in regards to running a ground length. i will say this. the - on the battery is not the ground. the ground in and of itself if the whole car in the miss meaning mostly the chassis and frame.

so if u run a ground run throughout ur car. make sure u upgrade you battery - to frame negative connection with larger wire.

System:
    Fronts:ID Oem's & TBI Hdss Front Amps: Sundown Sax 100.2 & 100.4
    Subwoofer: 2x 12" Fi X D4s Sub Amps: Sundown Saz 1500D
    Headunit: Alpine CDA-9887 Batteries / Alternator: Powermaster / Mechman
    Deadener: Raamat BXT Ensolite Alarm: Clifford 50.5x
    References:
    -Premieraudio-Sundownz-Iamamp3pimp-Kpr10is-Jmanpc- MemphisLove-Greekpower-The 727 Kid-Gixxer9-Mobieous-Audiobahnuser18-Thewes-Steveyhustle-Gymfreak101-go_go_thrash

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast