Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Alpine or Eclipse?

Unregistered Guest

Alpine or Eclipse?

I'm deciding between Alpine head units and Eclipse. Eclipse is less known but I actually think it is better than alpine. However, I do not know so any feedback on why eclipse is better or why alpine is better would be much appreciated.

gregj9 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eclipse over alpine

I am the owner of an eclipse unit now and before this one an eclipse 5301, and before that an eclipse ecd-412, The store I used to work at sells Eclipse. Their biggest attribute is their high pre amp voltage with low line impedence. In other words take the past of least resistence with the strongest signal possible. Most moving parts in their cd players are brass for longer lasting decks. Lots of user functions to make use easier. Don't get me wrong, alpine is great, but I feel the eclipse edges them out. (our store also sold alpine so there is no bias) Not to mention 3 yr warranty when installed by a dealer, and a 1 year theft instant return. If your deck is stolen or has warranty probs within the first year eclipse sends a new unit out through the dealer. No waiting for a deck to be repaired. I could go on for hours but I think you get the pic!!

96 honda passport

eclipse head (55040)<br />jl audio 500/5<br />Infinity kappa separates up front<br />4 eclipse 10"<br />audio control esp2 center stage processor

soon to come: Eclipse mids and highs upgrade<br />e-comm module<br />nav system

Closed Thread