Closed Thread

Reload Thread: AARRGGHHH, GOING CRAZY!!! Need some help here

Gaffney982 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

AARRGGHHH, GOING CRAZY!!! Need some help here

hi everyone, my buddy Grand AMature and I have been trying to figure out what the heck is going on with my system. I have a brand new Panasonic CQ-DF783U, a sony 4 channel amp, a rockford 4 channel amp, 2 clarion 5x7's in front, and 2 pioneer 5x7's in back. As of late my stereo suddenly started making all sorts of noises. When I turn it on there's loud bump as my amps turn on, which is much louder than it used to sound. Also ,when I turn the volume from zero to 1, it bumps. I also have a lot of engine noise that wasn't there before. This just recently began with no warning or reason so I'm completely baffled. The subwoofers are wired to 2 channels at 6ohms (I think, it could be 3ohms, i'll confirm this later) Grand AMature and I have tried regrounding both amps and the hu. We've tried to single out the problem by running a different source into the rockford 800.4 sub amp and the sony 4channel amp and that didn't work. I may have forgotten some stuff, but Grand AMature can let you guys know what else we did. Hope I can get some help here, thanx in advance. Peace
    Last edited by Gaffney982; 03-24-2003 at 11:40 AM.

1993 Mazda Mx6
    HU: Alpine CDA-7894
    Sub: PowerBass Xtreme 12"
    Sub Amp:RF 1000BD
    Speaker Amp: Xtant 4180x
    Front Speakers: Alpine Type R 5x7
    Rear Speakers: Pioneer TS-D681R 6x8

97cavy is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well if im not mistaken the "bump" noise you are hearing could be because your gains are too high. As for the engine noise, is your rca cables ran near your power wire at all? Ive heard this could be the cause of that kind of problem, but am not too sure

96 blazer
    8 Fi Q 15''s
    2 SS 6500's
    5 NSB 125's

Refs:
    MK3XXX, T3 Audios 160db Jeep, TPRJ5, Awp122, 91Lacdeville, duece212, boister77, BuddyChrist, Safe_Cracker, JCP, Saywhat?, ProjectPat06, SqHertz, MuddinXJ, emd2260, terra, loudcartunez

drkodin is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    you probably just had a ground connection come loose, no big deal. just check em all and thighten them back down.

it also helps to reground your HU to a new spot, not the factory one.

ASDF12345 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

more on this stuff

the initial turn on "pop" goes down when the gains go down but when we set the volume at number 1 then go back and forth between zero and one it pops between them.

engine noise, this one is weird. theres a sub amp and a high/mid amp. when the sub amp is completely disconected there is no engine noise from anywhere. but when we plug it back in, the highs/mids cut out at around volume 23/35. and they have engine noise. so really, engine noise is only a problem when the sub amp is hooked up.

this led us to belive it was the sub amp itself but it had worked fine for months, theproblem only started when a new headunit was installed. anyway, we did all the common amp checks, new grounds (they are ****ing rock solid now) then i hooked up a discman to the rca's on the amps and their was no noise. this proves its not the amp. so its got be be signal.

we pulled the headunit and rewired the whole thing. still had noise. then we tried all the different sources cd/mp3/am/fm. they all had engine noise.

what doesnt make sense to me is that it has engine noise even when the engine is off. all the connections are solid, and all the RCA's are good. i know this because we ran different sets of RCA's right off the back of the headunit to the amps.

my best intution leads me to believe its has something to do with the headunits output system that is only in effect when the subwoofers are connected.

what do you guys thing?

im usually pretty good at trouble shooting systems and ive tried many other things that i didnt list. so let me knows what it is

drkodin is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sounds like it is the HU, contact pioneer

abcdefg is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by drkodin
    sounds like it is the HU, contact pioneer

he's got a panasonic

Pioneer Premier DEH-660
    1 12inch ED k
    2 12inch RE HC's
    Hifonics brutus 1000d
    infinity kappa 6 1/2 components
    polk 5 1/4's
    US Acoustics USX2080
    sony cd player-4sale
    jensen 4's- 4sale

check this out guys:
    http://www.sounddomain.com/id/tumultgoboomboom

Aim= wrde2005
    Email= wrde333@aol.com
    Aol instant message= wrde333

jbl_marshall21 is offline important person

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    does the h/u have 2 pre out puts or just one? cuz if u only get engine noise with the sub amp hooked up then if ur running the signal through one amp to another then that might be the problem. there is always an answer. i'm gonna be thinking for awhile bout this one.

Alpine CDA-9886
    RUX-C701
    PXA-H701
    JL xr-650csi
    JL vr-650cxi
    2 8" W7
    JL HD750/1
    JL HD600/4
    2007 Chevy Trailblazer

Namtaru is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by jbl_marshall21
    does the h/u have 2 pre out puts or just one? cuz if u only get engine noise with the sub amp hooked up then if ur running the signal through one amp to another then that might be the problem. there is always an answer. i'm gonna be thinking for awhile bout this one.
    thats what i would have thought, how many RCA outs are there?

96 2 Door Blazer

Pioneer DEH-P7500MP
    U.S. Acousitcs USX-800D
    Rockford Fosgate 1 Farad Cap
    Kicker S10L7-4
    www.namtaru.com/car.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by jbl_marshall21

its got the following pre outs.

left rear
    left front
    right rear
    right front
    left sub
    right sub

i think its the sub outputs because the sub amp works fine when i plug a walkman into it.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by drkodin
    you probably just had a ground connection come loose, no big deal. just check em all and thighten them back down.

it also helps to reground your HU to a new spot, not the factory one.

hi everyone, my buddy Grand AMature and I have been trying to figure out what the heck is going on with my system. I have a brand new Panasonic CQ-DF783U, a sony 4 channel amp, a rockford 4 channel amp, 2 clarion 5x7's in front, and 2 pioneer 5x7's in back. As of late my stereo suddenly started making all sorts of noises. When I turn it on there's loud bump as my amps turn on, which is much louder than it used to sound. Also ,when I turn the volume from zero to 1, it bumps. I also have a lot of engine noise that wasn't there before. This just recently began with no warning or reason so I'm completely baffled. The subwoofers are wired to 2 channels at 6ohms (I think, it could be 3ohms, i'll confirm this later) Grand AMature and I have tried regrounding both amps and the hu. We've tried to single out the problem by running a different source into the rockford 800.4 sub amp and the sony 4channel amp and that didn't work. I may have forgotten some stuff, but Grand AMature can let you guys know what else we did. Hope I can get some help here, thanx in advance. Peace

1993 Mazda Mx6

pburt is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My pioneer HU did that to me after i had a speaker short and blow. Had to send the HU to get fixed and it turned out to be a ground inside the HU. havnt had a problem since but all your problems match what i went through. The speakers would pop everytime the HU was turned on. Disconnect one amp- work fine, hook up both and its back. unplug one channel and work fine, hook it back and theres the pop again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by pburt
    My pioneer HU did that to me after i had a speaker short and blow. Had to send the HU to get fixed and it turned out to be a ground inside the HU. havnt had a problem since but all your problems match what i went through. The speakers would pop everytime the HU was turned on. Disconnect one amp- work fine, hook up both and its back. unplug one channel and work fine, hook it back and theres the pop again.
    ok now things are even worse for us. we swapped out headunits and put a different one in, problem still exists.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Grand AMature
    ok now things are even worse for us. we swapped out headunits and put a different one in, problem still exists.
    help. could it be the remote turn on wire?

pburt is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    what about the HU speaker wires?? when installing the HU did you take the time to cover up all ends of the wires with a piece of tape to prevent shorts?
    Also, check your speaker connections at the amps. If the wires are frayed a bit and touching both terminals it could be causing a problem.
    Basically it sounds like you have narrowed it all down to the sub amp. Have you tried disconnecting the mids amp to see if the noise is still present in the subs? If so and the noise remain, i would replace the speaker wire between the sub amp and the subs.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All the wires on the hu are soldered and taped. I don't have any hu speaker wires, the 2 rca's for front and rear run to the amp in back. I'm gonna try to rewire the subs today and the speaker wire running from the subs to the amp. I'm also gonna try a new remote wire

1993 Mazda Mx6

Closed Thread