Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Reload Thread: who makes the best power/gnd/speaker wire?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: who makes the best power/gnd/speaker wire?

for something people rarely see, why buy expensive *** power wire and cheaper wire will do the same job...

i mean come on, $8.25 per foot for pear cable?
    or $1.75 per foot on KnuKonceptz cheapest line.

Id rather say flexibility, although nice, is not worth the extra 6+ dollars per foot.

2x SAZ-1500 for SALE 310+ship ea
    RE MT 18" w/ juggaurnaut recone For Sale 320+ shipping

Dakota Work Log

References
    Bought From: IonSQL, PhatTonyDeMarco, nikosbuddy, spudracer326, RoLLaxPhile, hessdawg, JonMR2turbo, GohillaAudio, BushJ311
    Sold To: saturnspl1991, gbz007, SVT RELAMPAGO(3x Box Build),alex5897, David187, bland

IgnoreMe is offline I love 2 girls 1 cup

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by knukonceptz View Post
    All of the better brands use tinned OFC to reduce oxidation. And that means Pure Copper, with a thin layer of tin. If you had Silver Plated Copper - that would be very expensive and very good conductor (we offer that only in speaker wire and the HT cables) No need for silver plated copper power wires.

You can not have a tinned silver copper or tinned aluminum copper cable, the word "tinned" means its coated in tin - in the above you have three metals in one cable....
    Now you could have a tinned silver wire or a tinned aluminum wire - (notice the Silver or aluminum is the core metal)

The KLM cable is copper clad aluminum - its core is aluminum and the outer is copper.
    im not sure of all the terminology.

all i know is my kicker says "Silver tinned OFC copper", and the other run of the kollosus i have i think just says 5xxx strand ofc.

i know what tinned means, and i thought yours was copper that was coated with aluminum to save on production costs due to the rising copper price, no?

here is a pic, its not mine but you can see it written on the grey wire

edit: hmmm i guess i dont know what tinned means...tin is a metal? i thought it just referred to a process of coating something with a metal

llllllllllllllll Educate yourself and help stop the ignorance.
    llllllllllllllll DEA Judge Francis L Young says...
    llllllllllllllll Designing a Ported Box

refs: hazardous0388, snoopdan, karleon, thelow, freezeman_7, imtjnotu, Gebrochen, astroladespl, billabongcr , mustbenu , thunder9500 , 91ser, djdilliodon (6 times), stupify, milenko515, Zeuslicious, Bmoorman05, WaTTsLOk187, too dope 1904, nate2587, rbiele126, denalilvr

Don't Blame Me. I Voted for Ron Paul.

BluePoint Air Ratchet for sale...click me bitch

knukonceptz is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Yes - tin is the metal you see making the cable silver in appearance - so the text:

Silver Tinned OFC Copper

is very redundant, Tin is silver in color and OFC is short for Oxygen Free Copper So the cable says Silver Tinned Oxygen Free Copper Copper......interesting.........

Copper is the core material, but it has been tinned to prevent oxidation. I suppose you could call it tin plated copper, just as silver plated copper. I am sure Kicker is not Silver plated, silver is a brighter color metal then tin

And the KLM cable is Aluminun coated in copper. The Kolossus series is Tinned OFC (both std and Fleks)

IgnoreMe is offline I love 2 girls 1 cup

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by knukonceptz View Post
    Yes - tin is the metal you see making the cable silver in appearance - so the text:

Silver Tinned OFC Copper

is very redundant, Tin is silver in color and OFC is short for Oxygen Free Copper So the cable says Silver Tinned Oxygen Free Copper Copper......interesting.........

Copper is the core material, but it has been tinned to prevent oxidation. I suppose you could call it tin plated copper, just as silver plated copper. I am sure Kicker is not Silver plated, silver is a brighter color metal then tin
    yea i noticed the redundancy. i actually thought it said "silver tinned ofc copper", but when i posted it i left the copper part out, until i found a picture, because ofc copper sounded funny.
    eh, i like the kicker 1/0 and the kollosus 1/0 i have in my car

llllllllllllllll Educate yourself and help stop the ignorance.
    llllllllllllllll DEA Judge Francis L Young says...
    llllllllllllllll Designing a Ported Box

refs: hazardous0388, snoopdan, karleon, thelow, freezeman_7, imtjnotu, Gebrochen, astroladespl, billabongcr , mustbenu , thunder9500 , 91ser, djdilliodon (6 times), stupify, milenko515, Zeuslicious, Bmoorman05, WaTTsLOk187, too dope 1904, nate2587, rbiele126, denalilvr

Don't Blame Me. I Voted for Ron Paul.

BluePoint Air Ratchet for sale...click me bitch

Screnzo is offline What happened in here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trunks9_us View Post
    I just want to know if these are the best why and why not would you buy them i mean if there great then why not buy them. And whats the problem with not buying them?
    Because the road noise and lack of optimum listening environments in cars renders any (hypothetical) advantage gained by these rca's moot.

"you have a face like a bulldog chewing a stinging nettle while taking a constipated dump in a heat wave"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sqhertz View Post
    i twist two copper coat hangers together , wrap some electrical tape over that bish and call it 8 gauge. should i need 1/0...well. i wont be hanging up clothes for some time.
    lol!

"you have a face like a bulldog chewing a stinging nettle while taking a constipated dump in a heat wave"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverPunk View Post
    Tell you what, you fly me out there, and I'll PERSONALLY hold your hand through this entire process.

No bitching when I fuck your roomie.

Don't forget to get pics!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

User Tag List