Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 2002 chev malibu stock upgrade

kinell is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2002 chev malibu stock upgrade

Im looking at adding a good 5 channel amp and new speakers to my new chev malibu. Im knew at this but want to attempt it myself. Couple of questions though..How do i remove the dash to get access to the stock deck? How do i remove the door skins to get access to the door speakers? Is the passlock going to create hassles?
    What types of components to you pros reccomend? I dont want an extreme system just some nice sound. Thanks kindly.

redliner1 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 2000 Malibu but I'm not sure if the interiors are the same. The trim for the desk will pop of with a small screw driver. I can pull mine off by hand. It wraps around the deck down to the top of the ash tray. For the doors you will have to unscrew the plastic oval piece behind the door handle. Look for the small allen wrench screw holding it on. You can then work your way around the bottom of the door with a popper or a screw driver to take it off. After you have popped out the door plugs lift the panel straight up to unhook it. The stock speaker size *****. I think it's a 5x7, I had to cut mine out for a 6 inch. Hope this helps. later

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you want 4x6's, I used Kicker impulse with the directional tweeter. For the past 8 months they have been setting in my closet. They sound very good for the price. If you want them let me know. $50 shipped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The stock location is a 4x6. Sorry about that

Closed Thread