Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Help me set up my 90 300ZX

Paddy McTaint is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Help me set up my 90 300ZX

Whats up, I am a noob to the forum but not audio. I used to install in the mid 90's but wouldn't call myself a master by any means. I'm working on my current project and need some advice. I'm limited on funds and equipment at the moment but will entertain new equip if what I have doesn't work. For starters I have...

Eclipse 8445
    Eclipse 6.5 point source coax
    Directed 6.5 coax's
    punch 45HD being fixed
    phoenix gold m44 broken but can get it fixed
    punch 200.2 klingon looking gold and silver edition
    punch 12 dvc

I am thinking about running the 200.2 to the eclipse in front doors, directed off HU for rear fill or no rears at all, punch45 to the 12 bridged at 2 ohms. I am no longer a bass head and can't stand my front soundstage to be overpowered by my sub. I wish I had a smaller and more responsive sub but I'll have to wait on that. I am thinking about firing the sub up into the back window in a sealed enclosure between 1 and 1.25 cu ft.

Any opinions on how this will sound are welcomed. Would you change anything? I want clean sound with good volume levels and a very solid and responsive low end without harsh highs.

My last set of highs was Kappa 6.5's and they were very very bright and harsh. I gave them away.

Paddy McTaint is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Help me set up my 90 300ZX

1 view? I think my thread is unviewable or something...

91ser is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Help me set up my 90 300ZX

I am also no professional by far. But I think you what you have there sounds pretty decent. I have a 1991 300zx and I am trying to get my system sorted also. Be careful with that sub . From what I have been told, that hatch area makes subs very loud! I am thinking I may try to shoehorn in a 6.5 tang band in the rears. Maybe it will be enough bass, maybe not. They are cheap enough to experiment with.

Closed Thread